Meijer / employee handling my purchases at self checkout

1 Rochester Hills, MI, United States Review updated:

I always use the self check out when I buy anything at Meier's. The reason
for this is I like to bag my purchases and I like to eliminate the amount of
people who handle my food. However, the last few times I was checking
out an employee who is monitoring the self check out area has come over
and touched and moved all my groceries to the end of the conveyor. He is
always wearing one blue rubber glove on his right hand and it is FILTHY. Of course this is the hand he touches all my food with. Gross! Obviously he is wearing this glove on his dominant hand to protect himself from germs. I almost walked out and left all my groceries there I was so p.o'd.
Please tell your employees they should ask if someone needs assistance
in the "Self Checkout" before touching and possibly contaminating customers food items. I shop at the Rochester Hills Michigan store on
Rochester Rd. And Auburn Rd. I have been shopping there for 27 years and
love the store. Thank You, Rosanne Johnson

Ro
Jan 17, 2018

Comments

• Su
      17th of Jan, 2018

All you have to say is "Thank you but I want to bag my own groceries".

17th of Jan, 2018

@Sulphur7 You can't teach common sense. Others have touched the items to place them on shelves and bins. Produce should be washed before eaten anyway.

• Rv
      18th of Jan, 2018

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I know that others have touched items to place on shelves and produce needs to be washed. So are you saying I should have to wash my milk carton, my yogurt container etc? Everything this man touched with his filthy glove? HE WAS NOT BAGGING MY ITEM! HE WAS PUSHING THEM DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CONVEYOR AREA WITH HIS FILTHY GLOVE. TOTALLY USELESS HELP. I was preoccupied scanning my items when he did this and it was too late to say anything. I certainly don't need a lesson from you on common sense and washing produce. EDUCATE YOU STUPID EMPLOYEES. FYI; THERE IS A FLU EPEDIMIC IN THIS COUNTRY.

18th of Jan, 2018

@rvj1952 Unpack with gloves. Common sense. Wash your hands after unpacking. Common sense.