McAfee / unethical behaviour by guruaid rajkapoor yodav in india

Santa Clara, CA, United States Review updated:

I was renewing my McAfee Protection online. I started the download and it said it had to remove old McAfee, I agreed. Then it tells me need to restart computer. When I did, I couldn't get back to point of download. Called the 855 # and was connected to Rajkapoor Yodav in India. He said he could help, and we started the "procedure", he took over my computer and when we were back to screen to download, but he said he needed to check my computer before he could download. He then ran scan and it did show I had 1244 malwares, which he then started to remove. Then he tells me that I needed to have maintenance on my computer at a cost of $400, I said "no". After several minutes, he came back on and said that I needed to pay $100, I said "no", after few minutes (I was on the phone with him nearly 1 1/2 hrs) he said I needed to pay $80! I said "NO". He then tells me that he won't download the product . I told him to get the hell out of my computer and he signed out! I should have known not to renew this product as I had nothing but problems when I was downloading it the first time last year! Took 3 days of calling to finally get it downloaded. After I got off the phone with the tech, I saw the icon for McAfee and clicked on it and it downloaded the program! Which he could have done 10 minutes into my conversation with him! But Guruaid with undoubtedly McAfee's permission, wants to charge you a larger fee. Last year I did end up paying another $80 for their help which is ridiculous. I will not recommend McAfee to ANYONE! I do not want to speak to someone in Pakistan or India ! U.S. company and I want to speak to an American that speaks English!

Ca
Dec 29, 2016

Comments

•   Dec 29, 2016

Sigh. All you had to do was wait and the computer would have completed the download and installation process.

• Ra
      Jan 07, 2017

Mcafee customer service, Mcafee phone number, Mcafee customer support,
    contact Mcafee customer care, Mcafee antivirus support, Mcafee helpline number,
    Mcafee support us
    Mcafee customer service

Feb 06, 2017

Tried to download Mcaffees that I purchased from walmart & it wouldn't let me. I thought I was buying a CD but no it had just a key #. so I called the company & talk to a foreigner (sounded like middle easterner) & he said my computer needs to be cleaned by a professional before he can install it. That's complete bull ###. I then talk to his supervisor & he said that if that what the rep said then that how it is. Very unprofessional customer service. I told him that I need a virus program to go on line not for them to try to fix my 3 year old computer that didn't need fix. He got pissed & hung up. That's what we get when we transfer out laor over to muslim countries to heck with that. I want to only buy American.

•   Apr 07, 2017

@maxterusa Make sure your popup blocker is disabled.

• Do
      Apr 11, 2017

McAfee's own tech support don't charge any fee for just helping customer install their subscription, but if you contacted a tech support which is not of McAfee you will indeed be charged.