Maytag / maytag bravos 4.3 cu ft washer #mvwx655dw

1 Bandera, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased the above washer in June 2015. On 4/23/18 I heard a grinding noise on above washer and would not agitate. I called Appliance Care of Texas and they came out on 5/2 and replaced the gear-casing for a total of 535.76. On 6/1/18 the grinding noise was heard again and would not agitate so I called ACT. The returned on 6/8/19 and verified and said they had to order, so returned and replace the gear-casing on 6/19/18. On 6/22/18 the grinding noise was heard again and would not agitate. So I called once again and they sent out another serviceman on July 5. He verified it was indeed the gear casing again and had to order the part again and could not come back out until July 16. Aside from having to pay 535.76 to fix the washer, I have been without my washer on and off for almost 2 months trying to fix the same issue. I can supply appropriate service records if needed, but would like a total refund of the above amount so I can replace the washer.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Jul 17, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that you've had your Washer repaired already and are continuing to experience trouble. We definitely want to help! Can you please email us with a brief description of the problem, the model and serial number of your Washer as well as your name, address and phone number to Maytag_Digital@Maytag.com?

Ds
Jul 15, 2018

Comments

17th of Oct, 2018

Purchased the Maytag MVWX655DW top loader washing machine just under 2 years ago. Started having problems several weeks ago. Repairman came out today and said the computer is bad and would cost $475 to repair, paid $532 new!! He said it is not worth repairing can buy new one for about $100 more. He said it is because it is in a non climate controlled room. Beware if you are purchasing this machine!