Mathis Brothers Furniture / Stay away from them

I just recently bought a dining set and then an office set. The salesman was incredible! He had a tape measure and helped me and my husband decide on the perfect pieces. Most importantly, he listened to our needs and was patient. We were in the store for almost 3 hours picking the perfect items. The delivery date was set for a Saturday so that we would be available.

The movers were wonderful as well. They were very careful and respectful of our house when moving the furniture around. Quickly though, we realized that the credenza was defective. One of the drawers was badly cracked, rendering it useless, and the side had a large crack.

I immediately called the store and was told that a replacement would arrive on Wednesday. I explained that I work and that no one would be at my home until after 3pm. They told me that they could not pinpoint a delivery time and that it could be any time between 10am and 5pm. I was forced to have to take a day of leave in order to wait. The movers showed up at 4pm. The new credenza was worse than the first. Me and my husband returned to Mathis Brothers to personally hand select a new credenza to be delivered. The man working the Customer Service area, Jarred Phillips, was rude and refused to look or talk to me when I was speaking. He directed all conversation at my husband. Further more he had the warehouse guys pull down the wrong credenza to be inspected. We waited in the store for almost two hours. I finally went back to tell Jarred that we were leaving and to just have a Quality Control person inspect the desk before delivery and he told me that wasn't possible. By the way, the people lined up in there with complaints was growing by the minute. There were some very unhappy people. I inquired as to a delivery time and AGAIN was told anytime between 10am and 5pm. I explained that I couldn't take another day off of work and asked if they could arrange the delivery for after 3pm. He say no and then rolled his eyes. I was furious.

Again, I took another day off of work to wait for the desk. No furniture ever arrived and no courtesy call to let me know this either. I called the Tulsa store to complain and they said that the delivery had been rescheduled for Friday and that again, I would need to wait. I then decided to contact the OKC store. I talked to Lee, a man who evidently does not know how to talk to people. He did nothing but tell me to just wait till the next day. He refused to let me talk to a supervisor.

When...if they come tomorrow they can pick up all of the furniture and refund my money. I will never step foot in Mathis Brothers again.

• aireloom's Response, Oct 22, 2018

Did you receive my complaint? Sent today re: Indio Store.

• Varanasi's Response, Oct 25, 2018

In beginning he called several time, Once I purchased the furniture and complaints about delivery he said he will find out and let me know but he never returned my call. BAD.

Va

Comments

• Cg
      10th of Sep, 2010

It's stuff like this that makes me take my business elsewhere, too. If there is one thing I hate, it's a terrible business. Thanks for the review.

• Va
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Mathis Brothers Furniture - Bedroom Set

Delivery problem. Promise to deliver 10/21/18.
    broken headboard and night stand took back and bring new one on 10/23/18 but failed. I called to costumer service they said schedule on 10/30/18, I said NO, I need sooner. Then said OK on 10/25/18.
    I am wondering what is going on at Mathis Brothers.

• Ai
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Mathis Brothers Furniture - mattress
    Indio
    California

Have you received my complaint re: Aireloom mattress and sales personnel at the Indio store? Terrible customer support!
    Wrote long, detailed letter.