Mate1.com / being billed from this company for no reason.

4200 Saint-Laurent Blvd Suite 550, Montreal Quebec H2W 2R2, QC, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 888-688-4760

I signed up a few days ago for the $1.95 trial membership. I decided against the full service and I thought my membership would just expire. Instead they upgraded my membership without my authorization and I just found a $49.95 charge on my bank account. I don't want this service and I want my money back. If I missed something on the fine print that is fine, but I signed up for this just a few days ago and they upgraded my membership today it looks like. I just want my money back and to have nothing to do with the service. I haven't even logged in since the first day I tried it. I did find this on the Q & A part of the site that you don't have to log in for:

"◦How do I become a full member?
Any time you try to access a feature that is only accessible to full members, you will be provided an appropriate link to upgrade your membership. You can also click here to become a full member."

In other words it appears they upgraded my account without my authorization instead of letting it expire. I am calling them in the morning and I expect a $49.95 refund.

Comments

• Je
      Sep 17, 2009

I sighned up for trial period. didnt like it . next thing I now . with out my permison. you guys take money out of my account. who gives you that right. I just want my money back . thank you jerry

Jan 05, 2010

Yes, this site, Mate1 is a cheating site. They charged you more money such as USD 49 without any authorizations after the trial membership. Which the trial only cost USD 1.95 and they had already planed to rip off people for the second charge- USD 49 which is obviously fraud. People should reveal them and join together and file a lawsuit to this company and/or its relative websites.

May 31, 2016

hello i didnt sign up to you and yous took $89.71 out of my account i want a refund back please.

• Le
      Mar 16, 2017

I also have not used this and you keep taking the wmiu out of account stop it right now!!'

• Ar
      Apr 25, 2017

Thats the 3rd time thay charged me why 1st time i was pay 2$ and aoutomaticlly 2nd time that charged me 69$ and today i see that again 3rd time thay charged me 66$ why. Who can gave u permission. Refund me plz and befor a month ago i was used that after that i cant but why u charge me till now? Give the monye back

• Ri
      Nov 30, 2018

I just got billed for $49.00, haven't even upgraded.

• Bi
      Jan 29, 2019

Same as the above. $39.95 is being taken from my account without my authorization. Will contact them and my bank tomorrow.