Match.com / unauthorized transaction

Match.com

Warning to all: I purchased 6 months membership with match.com, I cancelled my policy one week before it expired, match.com then used my credit card details again and took 6months more from my credit card. Two months later I receive a letter from my bank about charges for purchases made, but I knew I had the money in the account, so I checked. Looking back to the 19th of january a payment was made to match..com I rang them up and asked them what happen, they said sorry and refunded the money 1months later, promising to pay the banking charges too. Only thing is I only received the money they unauthorized took not the banking charges, i'm having to get trading standards involve now.

This is dishonest and cowardly of them to not pay all the monies back, so be warned what who you let have your credit card details with over the internet.

April

Ho

Comments

• Ri
      Feb 10, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me . I paid for a 1 year membership over three payments of £39.60. On 15/01/11 they took a forth payment. I am getting the same run around. They steal your money put you into overdraft then take exactly 20 WORKING days to refund it. Complaints don't have a phone number or email address, and they don't respond to letters, I've sent 2 now.
    This is just out and out theft, they can't be this inefficient, it must be a scam. They do in in the States too. Just think how much interest they earn on our money in 20 days! It's a disgrace.