Match.com / fraud, bogus profiles

US Review updated:

I have been a member of Match for about 2 and 1/2 yrs. This week I wrote to them asking how someone can request contact with a subscriber without viewing their profile. Within about 15 minutes I had 8 new winks, total of 12 that day. More than I have gotten in a month. All were from out of state, all profiles were no longer available.One was from NY, while doing a random search I saw the same picture here in MI. Same picture, totally different profiles. I believe these to be bogus profiles, printed both. Someone sitting at Match.com patronizing me. I have requested a full refund for this 3 month membership, haven't heard back from them.

Comments

Sep 29, 2009

I am having the same thing happen. The bogus profiles are obvious because of the pix and because of the content and selected profile items such as Education, Occupation, Salary, etc. -- combinations of the three make no sense. The spelling is horrible for supposedly well-educated individuals.

Farce -- don't understand the reasoning behind it. I've been a member for several years as well and have met "real" individuals. Seems like the instances are increasing and don't recall it being an issue in the past.

Frustrating. Aggravating.

I wrote Match this morning about the issue and received standard, canned reply.

What's the deal?

Feb 18, 2010

I was receiving bogus profiles for months after I had taken my profile down.
    While my profile was up I received almost no matches from within my specified are 250 miles from my city. I had the exact same profile with same photos on Plenty of Fish.com
    and POF sent me nearly a thousand matches near my city during the same month as I was on Match.com, while Match sent me only a couple of profiles near my city--but spammed me with fake profiles from all over the USA including the UK. Match also autosubscribed me without authorization and billed my charge card.

• Na
      Feb 19, 2011

And I thought the only winks were from out of state. Totally worthless ripoff site as opposed to others where I know people who met eventual mates. They should be shut down