Massage Envy / resale of biofreeze - not for resale packet

Massage Envy
Wanted to get 5 of the clearly marked NOT FOR RESALE samples of Biofreeze from the Massage Envy on Buffalo Speedway in Houston, TX. Was told they would be $1.00 each. When "Clinic Administrator" was asked why they were charging for something marked 'not for resale' he told me they were sent as samples and if I wanted to, I should buy a bigger size. I told him he had not answered my question...and he still didn't. He kept saying they were samples and even though they were marked "not for resale' they would cost me a dollar. I asked if Biofreeze was aware that they were reselling items they received for free and he told me 'yes'. I told him that I had a hard time believing this so that I would write the company and the BBB - he told me to go ahead and do both. Okay. No problem. He also made the statement that he could not understand why I was making such a big deal over $1.00 per packet with everything else going on in the world.

The same 'Clinic Administrator' at the Buffalo Speedway Massage Envy in Houston, TX also told me he was 'as high as I could get' when I asked him for his supervisor's name and contact information. When I reminded him that he answered to someone, he scrawled out a phone number - refusing to provide a name or a physical location to which I could mail a letter. When told he needed to make it legible, he finally did so after two directives. At this point, I asked for a name to go with the number and he said he could not give out that information. At some point in all of this, the very tall (say over 6'1) 'Clinic Administrator' towered over me to the point where his shirt was touching my arm and 'demanded' that I leave his office or he would call the police.

At no time did Mr. "Clinic Administrator' offer to GIVE me the samples - 5 of them - which COST MASSAGE ENVY NOTHING by his own admission. He kept trying to get me to buy the larger size.

I was in the process of renewing my 12 month membership...with cash...well, he lost that one. I renewed for 6 months - and will cancel at the EARLIEST possible time. Let me see...what would have been nearly $600 in total revenue for MASSAGE ENVY is now less than $300...all behind a product they received for FREE but wanted to resell. IS THAT GOOD MANAGEMENT???????

Now, off to write the BBB and Biofreeze...just as promised.

N  11th of Jul, 2009 by
BBB is not going to do anything. Why do people keep writing to them...lol
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by
Stop by and I'd be happy to provide you 5 FREE packets of Biofreeze samples. http://tanglewoodfootspecialists.com/serv/biof.htm

Massage Envy Logo Massage Envy