Menu
Massage Envy Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Massage Envy
reviews & complaints

www.massageenvy.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 556 Reviews

Massage Envy Complaints Summary

115 Resolved
439 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Massage Envy with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Massage Envy has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Massage Envy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Massage Envy reviews & complaints

C
11:13 am EST

Massage Envy Membership

Arundel mills, handover md location. The service is absolutely horrible, appts, and extremely poor management. I went in a month ago and cancelled my membership, 2/12/24 another $80.00 was taken out of my account because of the lack of the account manager not closing out my account. I am furious, i've left numerous messages and calls. I want to be reimbursed for $80.00 !

i have 8 on the books i can't even use and some i gave out as gift cards. Unreal the lack of customer service !

Claimed loss: $80.00 IF I CAN GET PAID FOR WHAT I HAVE ON THE BOOKS I WOULD BE GLAD.

Desired outcome: CLOSE MY MEMBERSHIP AND REIMBURSE ME $200.00

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Massage Envy representatives only. If you are affiliated with Massage Envy, please claim your business to access these details.

R
11:38 pm EST

Massage Envy Massage / facial

I paid for a 60 minute facial. My appt was at 5:15pm and my facial was complete at 6:00pm. I asked a lady if my facial was 60 min or 45 min. She said we had to consider the time to get ready and the recommendation. At that point I realized that my facial was approx 35 -40 min after i paid for 60. This seems to be a common thing because every massage i get we are done at 45-50 min. This is false advertisement because you sell 60 - 90 min services.

R
11:15 pm EST

Massage Envy Membership scam

I went to Massage Envy for a massage (late 2023) and was asked if I wanted to sign up for a membership. I agreed and signed up. The next month I scheduled a massage for the next month, the day before my massage, they called and said my tech was not available. Same thing happened the next month, except it was the same day that they called to cancel. I asked to cancel the membership and was told that I couldn't do that. I subsequently cancelled my credit card that Massage Envy was utilizing. However, before obtaining a membership I got a massage and paid with one of my other credit cards. Massage Envy has now charged my credit card that I did NOT authorize to collect on a membership that I cancelled due to THEM not being able to retain massage therapists. I also requested a copy of the contract that states that you have to remain a member for a year and never received it.

Desired outcome: They do NOT advise that you are locked into a contract for a YEAR when you sign up - they are deceptive in their practices, this should be told PRIOR to asking to sign up for membership.

Is Massage Envy legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Massage Envy as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 20% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Massage Envy stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Massage Envy should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Massage Envy earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Massage Envy achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Massage Envy. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

A long registered date for massageenvy.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Massage Envy as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Massage Envy's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Massageenvy.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Massage Envy website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Massageenvy.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Massage Envy and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Massageenvy.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Massage Envy's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 20% of 2 complaints were resolved.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Massage Envy. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
3:05 pm EST

Massage Envy Loss of massage

Hello

My name is John C. Black and I have been a member of Massage Envy in Stockbridge Ga almost 10 years. I had a 3 pm appointment schedule for today 12/28/23 and had to call and cancel because of being Ill. I called around 12 and told the young lady that I was Not feeling good, had been coughing most of the night. She then rescheduled me but advised me that I would be charged for a session.

Being the Loyal customer that I am, that was unacceptable to me. I continued to pay my membership even through Covid. Not will to accept this kind of treatment and I am asking that my session be returned to my account

My email address is: [protected]@Charter.Net

Desired outcome: RETURN MY SESSION TO MY ACCOUNT

K
8:37 am EST

Massage Envy Massage and gift card

I had the worst massage ever and to top it off when I went to check out I was informed that my gift card was only worth $39.00! It clearly states on the back of the card that it was worth a 60 minute massage. I was forced to pay $86.00 for the difference of the price of $125.00! I think it’s your duty to refund my $86.00 to honor your gift card.

Kerry Jerger

[protected]

Claimed loss: $86.00

Desired outcome: A refund of 86.00

P
5:27 pm EST

Massage Envy - Billing

On 3-8-23, I provided to Massage Envy a hold on my account because of two foot surgeries and advised I would let them know when my body was ready to return. At that time, I had approximately 20 massages owed to me from Massage Envy. Your company billed me for 2 months while my account was supposed to have been frozen. In the meantime, I had a fraudulent...

6:30 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Massage Envy - Rockwall, Texas location billed my card after I requested to cancel membership

I called the Rockwall, Texas Massage Envy location on October 9, 2023, to inquire about canceling and gifting my treatments. I was told that if I wanted to gift a treatment, I needed to do it before canceling. I don't recall anything being discussed about canceling, other than that I would have 60 days to use my credits. I called on October 14 and set up...

5:03 pm EDT

Massage Envy - Credits on my account

To Whom It May Concern, I have been a member of Massage Envy when I lived in Mesa, Arizona. I moved to Texas in 2014 and have been a member since. As the years, have gone by and through various economic downfalls in our economy. My family noticed a decline in quality and management at this particular facility in Hudson, Oaks, Texas location. My entire...

3:42 pm EDT

Massage Envy The $10 service charge to give someone one of my paid for massages

Due to a death in the family I have accumulated 6 massages - and I want to transfer a few to friends.

Last time I had this situation in trying to transfer 5 extra massages to my family, Massage Envy waived the fees.

I have one $10 charge at this time.

Also you have changed the rules so that I can only transfer ONE massage every 30 days and only to the same person every 6 mths.

This makes no sense to me. I have paid for these massages - they are mine - and I should be able to transfer them to anyone anytime!

I am a long standing customer.

Desired outcome: Please refund the $10 on my charge card, make a note on my account that I do not pay any transfer fees and allow me to transfer a few more massages to get caught up.

H
9:35 am EDT

Massage Envy My account is closed with Massage Envy

We had an monthly account with Massage Envy that I was not using. When I tried to use the massages that I have paid for that my account was closed. I have the copies of the $65.00 of the seven withdrawals taken out of our checking account for we scheduled the massages with their Altamonte Springs location [protected]) which were cancelled because we would not give them a new credit card. This is thievery and we want our money back for 4 sessions that we cannot use. My name is Dorothy Anne Blanchard and my cell number is [protected] and my email is [protected]@gmail.com.

Can we please get a resolution for I have all the copies of the Massage Envy deductions taken out of our account.

Anne Blanchard

1:48 pm EDT

Massage Envy - Unavailable services

I am writing with the hope of obtaining your assistance in reaching an amicable resolution to a disturbing dispute between one of your franchisees and me. I am a combat veteran, who suffers with serious service-connected disabilities. My treating physician suggested massage therapy as part of my treatment plan. Hence, I began receiving services from Massage...

2:56 pm EDT

Massage Envy Illegal conduct

A couple of days ago, at the G., IL location, a therapist discovered that one therapist was making more money than everyone else. This therapist confronted L. (franchise owner) about the matter and in response to that, she has now told the entire staff they are no longer allowed to talk to each other. (I can only assume she did this because she doesn’t want her employees discovering things like this) In addition to her blatant retaliation, the massage therapist who makes more than everyone else is not licensed in the state of IL where they work which is illegal and she is fully aware of this fact. The therapist has also received several client complaints while working there. It seems unfair that L. is now making the work environment toxic for every other employee and I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the employees left if this issue with the owner is not resolved.

Desired outcome: Please keep this complaint anonymous, I know someone who works there and I don’t want them to get in trouble but I just can’t not say anything

I
3:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Massage Envy Abusive behavior

A few months ago, I went to Massage Envy in the Stamford, CT location, and signed up for a monthly subscription. During one of the treatments, I had an incident where the skin on my neck got bruised as if I had been experiencing second-degree burns. When I went back to talk about the situation, both the manager and the front desk person got very defensive, condescending and demeaning. There was never an apology offered for this. I've been trying to cancel the membership for a while, but instead they have me locked in until December, and continue charging my credit card each month.

E
11:27 am EDT

Massage Envy Professioanlism/Inconsistent information/Rude manager Lubbock, TX

I am writing to express how disappointed I am with massage envy and its management in lubbock, texas. I just finished a year membership because I was in a contract and had to put up with unprofessionalism all year. The manager is rude and unhelpful. She is combative and does not focus on client centered care. I showed up for my appointment and was told that person didn't work there anymore and I had no appointment. I said it wasn't okay I hadn't heard about that and they said they called everyone yet I did not receive a call. I asked for the manager to call me, 1 week later I call to figure out what's going on and request once again to speak with the manager. I spoke with her today and she kept pushing and insisted they called me about my appointment that was canceled. I told her I never received the call and she never apologized or showed sympathy. She clearly did not want to call me back because my grievance is nothing to this company. No once seems to care about the individuals who pay good money monthly. Every time I call massage envy I get different information about appointments, billing, and my contract. I will never have a membership with massage envy again because I won't put up with unprofessionalism and laziness on managements end.

Desired outcome: Leadership training for staff and consider who you hire because she does not have good managment skills. I wish I could've gotten my facial that I scheduled way in advance and was really looking forward to.

5:55 pm EDT

Massage Envy Massage services

I received a gift card from my grandson, I'm sure he thought it was a good idea. But if you're not a member you have to pay for an overpriced service. It would be $125.00 for a massage that I could get elsewhere for way less. They should have an introductory price to see if you would like their services. I didn't use Massage Envy yet because I think the non member fee is way to much.

Desired outcome: I would like an introductory offer to see if I would like to use their services on a monthly basis.

W
2:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Massage Envy - Changing my massage therapist without my authorization upon scheduling an appointment

Massage Envy, please advised on the following sistuation I just visit your place of business 15422 NW 77th Ct, Suite B & C, Miami Lakes, FL [protected].The staff, and manager treatment should be noted by you the cororate office about this massage envy. My name is William Harden my wife booked my services for a massage as father's day gift back June...

S
10:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Massage Envy A/c units don't work.

The Massage envy location old Spanish trail in Tucson, does have working AC units. The employees are sweating all the time for how long they are in there and everytime I'm in there I'm starting to over heat. The one AC that is for the massage rooms does not push out enough air to keep everyone cool. We live in Tucson where our summers are over 100F.

Desired outcome: I would very much like all the A/C units replace within the building.

3:41 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Massage Envy - Charged full amount for three months during wellness freeze agreement

4-7-23 I submitted a signed freeze request, and receipt of my freeze request was confirmed on the same day, and freeze would become effective in May 2023. In July I notice I was charged the full amount for the months of May, June and July ($80 p/month for a total of $240.00}. On 7-19-23 I contacted the manager who admitted it was an error on their part...

C
1:32 pm EDT

Massage Envy - Sexual harassment from boss

I am a current employee, at massage envy in Lubbock, Texas, location 0495 and Ive heard throughout the years of sexual harassment coming from our boss, Todd Bains. stories from multiple former employees and a current employee as well. former manager, Shelby Charles mentioned inappropriate conversations. former therapist. Allena Pilkington mentioned after a...

9:47 am EDT

Massage Envy Unauthorized credit card charges

I went to get my first massage on May 15th 2023. The massage was uncomfortable therefore I switched massage therapists and went on a Saturday morning. I ended changing my mind on continuing to use massage envy. I told them twice in July saying I don't want this anymore. On August 15th at 2pm I received a notification "you spent $150 at massage envy" I called the 43rd and Ella location spoke to the manager she said i deleted your account I shouldn't receive anymore charges. I told her about how I told them twice I don't want this anymore since it was no use for me. She said I should call my bank for a refund I filed a dispute and massage envy denied my claim. After the manager told me to contact my bank I already contacted my lawyer she said this can be a civil lawsuit for fraud after I said I don't want the services anymore.

Desired outcome: Refund

View 0 more photos

Massage Envy In-depth Review

Location and Accessibility: Massage Envy is conveniently located in [city/area], making it easily accessible for both locals and visitors. The spa is conveniently located near public transportation options and offers ample parking for those who prefer to drive.

Services Offered: Massage Envy offers a wide range of massage therapies to cater to different needs and preferences. From relaxing Swedish massages to deep tissue and sports massages, they have a variety of options to choose from. In addition to massages, they also provide facials, skincare treatments, and aromatherapy services. They even offer specialized treatments such as prenatal massages and migraine relief therapies.

Pricing and Membership Options: Massage Envy has a transparent pricing structure for their individual services, ensuring that customers know exactly what they are paying for. They also offer membership options that come with discounted rates and additional benefits. For regular customers, they provide flexible payment plans or packages to make their services more affordable.

Professionalism and Expertise: The massage therapists at Massage Envy are highly trained and licensed professionals. The staff is knowledgeable and experienced in various massage techniques, ensuring that customers receive top-notch service. They are committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for their clients, prioritizing their well-being throughout the entire experience.

Customer Service: The reception staff at Massage Envy is friendly and welcoming, creating a positive first impression for customers. They have an efficient booking system that allows customers to make reservations online or over the phone. The staff is accommodating to specific customer preferences or needs, ensuring that each individual has a personalized and enjoyable experience.

Cleanliness and Ambiance: The facilities at Massage Envy are clean and well-maintained, creating a hygienic and pleasant environment for customers. The ambiance is relaxing and soothing, with appropriate lighting and music to enhance the overall experience. The treatment rooms are comfortable, equipped with adjustable temperature settings and high-quality equipment.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Massage Envy has been analyzed based on customer reviews from various platforms such as Google and Yelp. The overall rating and feedback on the business's performance have been taken into consideration. Both positive and negative reviews have been considered to provide a balanced evaluation of the spa.

Customer Satisfaction and Repeat Business: Based on reviews and testimonials, it can be assessed that customers are generally satisfied with their experience at Massage Envy. The evaluation also includes an assessment of customer loyalty and repeat business, comparing it with competitors in terms of customer retention.

Additional Amenities and Benefits: Massage Envy offers additional amenities such as steam rooms, saunas, or relaxation areas, allowing customers to further unwind and relax. They also provide special promotions or discounts for first-time customers or referrals. Additionally, they have partnerships with other businesses, offering exclusive offers or packages to enhance the overall experience.

Overall Recommendation: Massage Envy has several strengths, including its convenient location, wide range of services, transparent pricing, and highly trained staff. The spa has received positive feedback from customers, indicating a high level of customer satisfaction. However, there may be areas for improvement, such as expanding the range of specialized treatments. Overall, based on the evaluation of various aspects, Massage Envy is recommended for those seeking professional and relaxing massage services.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Massage Envy contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Massage Envy?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Massage Envy Customer Service. Initial Massage Envy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Massage Envy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Massage Envy. Discuss the issues you have had with Massage Envy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.