MarutiSuzuki.com / scam and cheating

1 India Review updated:

I booked maruti swiftdzire vxi at vipul motors pvt. ltd, faridabad on 31/03/2008 vide customer id no.[protected] dt.31/03/08. at the time of booking I was assured that delivery will be given to me within navratras (about 15-20 days). but delivery was not given to me within that period and I was told by the dealer that the maruti co. is not supplying dzire cars to him and he is not in position to give me the delivery. on the other hand the swift dzire was being sold by dealers in faridabad and delhi in blackmarketing (premium) of rs.15000/- to rs. 20000/-. I brought this act of the dealers in the knowledge of the company vide my email dated 15/04/08, 16/04/08, 17/04/08, 18/04/08, 26/04/08, 30/04/08 and so many telephonic complaints on anytime maruti no.[protected] and regional office number given by anytime maruti. I have requested several times to the company as well as to the dealer for early delivery of the car but they always gave the same excuse that the production is low and they are not getting the delivery from the company. at the time of booking I was told by the dealer that the price of swift dzire vxi is rs.499182/-. it is matter of great surprise that on 18/05/08, the dealer informed me on telephone that car booked by me is ready at the showroom but he company has enhanced the rates and I had to pay rs.517548/- instead of rs.499182/- (excess of rs.18366/-) you just see that I was not willing and have not paid premium (blackmoney) of rs.15000/-to - rs.20000/- to the dealers but the company has taken rs.18366/- excess money by holding the delivery for one month and twenty days and giving it to me just after enhancing the rates. this was the cheating by the company that first hold the delivery of car and delivered the car to me immediately after enhancement of rates. I am sorry to state that I have to wait for about two months and have paid rs.18366/- excess now company have taken premium of rs.18366 /- from me instead of dealers which were taking rs.15000/- to rs.20000/- for out of turn delivery. I will definitely point out here that at the time of delivery the behavior of the dealer was very rude and dry because I have already given complaint for blackmarketing of local dealers. but now I clearly understand that company and dealers are of the same category and their only moto is to earn money either this way or that way. the maruti suzuki had not bothered about the loyal and old customers of fifteen years who has always used cars of maruti only maruti and was a happy and very satisfied customer. but now sorry thinking of moving to court to get justice.

Rajeev kumar rakheja mob.[protected].

Comments

• Ks
      24th of Nov, 2008

It is very disturbing to know your story. It is even more disturbing to find that a company like maruti has not taken note of this serious matter. Most of their dealers are indulging in these 'cheap tactics' and I am sure the company is fully aware of this. But the bottom line for the company is that the dealers are certainly more important than the very customers who eventually buy their products and generate revenue for them. It is highly unfortunate in that in this country consumer protection is more of a farce and does not apply to the common man. I think you will have to drag them to the courts with both the company and its dealer as the prime culprits.