my frnd is owning a swift diesel vehicle which has clocked abt 19, 000 kms. with the 20k servicing already done, just few months back after the servicing( not immediately after servicing), the vehicle reported with a very abnormal engine noise
((ie. a sort of valve play noise [[kat-kat]] & specially when the vehicle is picking up..i.e..in the 1st gear, after which the noise disappears & the vehicle just runs fine just like a normal one)))
The following are the diagnoses done on the vehicle (even after which the pblm. Persisted) :
1) When the vehicle was 1st brought to the service station the 1st thing they checked was the condition of the diesel fuel. The entire fuel was drained and refilled with new diesel with a new filter as well. However the problem still persisted.
2) The next thing they did was replaced the oil with new one and also added an additive. no change.
3) Than they removed & checked the turbo charger. But that was also fine...with no flaw in it.
4) The next was cleaning of the EGR. even than the pblm persisted
5) The compression of the cylinders was checked & found ok
6) The connecting bearings were checked for wear and damage, but were ok.
7) The fuel pressure reading was checked & compared with another swift, was found ok.
8) The injectors were than repl. on another vehicle & were found 2 b ok.
9) ECM put on another veh. & checked.
10) Than on consulting with some top maruti engg. they decided to open the tappet cover to check the HLAs (hydraulic lash adjuster) & they did observe that 2 of the HLAS were punctured..which they repl. with new ones (it was informed that the new HLAs does not require priming as they are self primed & will fill up on driving abt 50 to 70 kms...)
Still the pblm persisted. So they removed the tappet cover again & checked the HLAs. Those replaced b4 were halfl filled & were ok, , with the opposite HLAs being punctured. They were however half filled & were found ok. Even though they replaced the entire HLA set. (this time by priming them, which was successful [only priming] )...no change with the noise..
11) Than after few days the fuel pump (in fuel tank along with the gauge) was put for another swift vehicle...which was also found to b ok.
12) lastly the engine has been removed & sent on the lathe for checking the bores & other wear out. Awating the same in anticipation.
If anybody hav come across such pblm or has got anyone who can help in diagnosing this pblm…plz share