Marriott International / impossible customer service
I am attending an event in Dearborn on Feb 1. Communication from the event host informed me of a block of rooms available for attendees at the Dearborn Inn. It is now two months away giving me plenty of time to reserve a room.
Why should it be impossible to simply reach a live person by phone and inquire about the block room rate and availability? No less than a dozen calls to the following numbers, have produced no results.
[protected] This is the actual property, where on multiple attempts over five days, and extended hold time on hold, I reached a live person. Unfortunately, they were unable to respond to my inquiry about the block reservation. Mostly, the line was answered with, "just a moment" and transferred to a never ending promotional recording and finally given an opportunity to select from several options. Waiting out the recording finally resulted in an option which put me back in the same loop.
I understand the desire to force customers to an online reservations system. If so, a suggestion might be to add an option to inquire about items, not found on a voice menu or to simply enter a message such as this text I am entering now.
More Marriott International Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott - marriott cancellation policy the worst! 
- Marriott International - treatment of employees 
- Marriott Residence Hotel - appointment for the post of front manager from uk 
- Marriott Hotel Canada - employment 
- Marriott Rewards - no credit for 3rd party bookings, surprise 
- Marriott International - associate treatment
- Marriott International - cancellation policy
- Marriott International - case #99123112
- Marriott International - attitude of sales manager at fairfield marriott in coimbatore
- Marriott International - barista at courtyard marriott bentonville arkansas