Marlo Furnitureavoid them

Review updated:

We purchased a living room set from marlo and scheduled delivery for 30 days after the purchase. I went for almost 2 months without a living room set. They did deliver the sofas but the coffee table and the chair was a miss match. When I called the main office I was told that the items I had purchase where no longer available and that I would have to take what they delivered or to come back to the store and pick something else. Then when I went to the store they told me that I would have to apply for a new credit card because they were no longer working with the same creditor that we were approved with before.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  •   Apr 16, 2008

    Marlo does not care about its customers and never reply to feedbacks from its customers. Here is the story and the letter I sent them:

    On April 1, 2008, my father-in-law and my wife ordered and paid for a rocker recliner (SKU: [protected] $401.74) from Sales Consultant, Eddie Elahi, at the Laurel Marlo Furniture Showroom. Upon check-out, they were told to call back on 4/11/08 to confirm its pickup date of 4/15/08. Surprisingly, a day later, Wednesday (4/2/08), I received a call from Mr. Elahi telling me that they actually had the rocker recliner in stock now and I could pick it up next day on 4/3/08 anytime between 10AM and 6 PM. On 4/4/08 Friday afternoon around 1 PM, I took 2 hours off from work and drove 22 miles from my house in Silver Spring to the Marlo Warehouse in Forestville and was only told by the lady behind the pickup desk that it was not ready for pickup! She told me the computer showed the pickup date was supposed to be 4/15/08. I told her that the sales rep. called and specifically told me two days ago that it was in stock and was ready for pickup. She advised me to call Mr. Elahi, so I immediately called him at [protected] (ext. 3421) and left a voice mail inquiring about the pickup date. So I drove home empty handed and got stuck on 495 for an hour due to an overturned truck and trailer.

    After arriving home, I called the Laurel Warehouse inquiring about the pickup date for the rocker recliner that I already paid for and received the same reply that it was not ready for pickup and was advised to contact Mr. Elahi. I then left two more voice mails on both Mr. Elahi’s phone at Marlo and his cell. A week passed and Mr. Elahi never returned any of my phone calls to explain why he called and told me the rocker recliner was ready for pickup but in fact it was not. I do not understand why Mr. Elahi gave me the false pick-up information (April’s fool day?) that wasted 2 hours of my time/gas and why he never returned my phone calls to at least apologize.

    A week had passed, on April 11, 2008 (Friday), I received a message from Marlo on my answering machine when I got home from work saying that the rocker recliner was ready for pickup and asked me to call to set up a pickup time. Next morning, April 12, 2008(Saturday), I called and was told that I could pick it up anytime before 6PM. So I drove another 22 miles with my wife and daughter to Forestsville. After checking in with the lady at the pickup desk, I waited 50 minutes (2:10PM – 3PM) before they finally brought out the rocker recliner. During these 50 minutes, I had seen numerous people who arrived after me had their furniture loaded. There was absolutely no communication between the lady that checked me in and the movers. In other words, there was no “first come first served” order at all. There was no number ticket or anything else. The movers simply bring out furniture in any order they pleased. They were also rude and unprofessional. In this respect, Marlo has a lot to learn from Sears and CircuitCity pickup centers.

    You may ask why I did not cancel my order after the first false pickup notification ordeal. I would have in a heartbeat if it was not because my father-in-law personally went and picked out the rocker recliner at the Laurel store. My father-in-law had been living with us for years and my wife and I learned that he was diagnosed with liver-cancer two weeks ago and that he only had 4 months to live. Two weeks ago he asked for a more comfortable recliner, so my wife brought him, who is 80 years old with difficult walking, to Marlo to pick out a recliner that he liked. He does not go out that much anymore, this time he went and picked the recliner. This may very well be the last big item that we purchased for him. Now you understand why I did not want to cancel the order.

    I do not expect any reply from Marlo since the last feedback that I filled out a week ago on Marlo's website’s Order Concerns webpage went unanswered. This proved that Marlo Furniture had no concern for its customers. All they want is your money, period. Order from them only if you don't mind spending hours of your time dealing with them.

    0 Votes

Post your comment