Having problems with Marlo Furniture?

Marlo Furniture Customer Service Contacts

+1 301 782 3800 (Customer Service)
+1 703 941 0800 (Store in Alexandria, VA)
+1 301 419 3400 (Store in Laurel, MD)
+1 301 738 9000 (Store in Rockville, MD)
+1 540 785 2635 (Liquidation Center)
3300 Marlo Lane

Liquidation Center
4040 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Warehouse & Distribution Center
7900 Cedarville Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Marlo Furniture Customer Service. Initial Marlo Furniture complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Marlo Furniture above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Marlo Furniture. Discuss the issues you have had with Marlo Furniture and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Marlo Furniturelies

In the past year I have furnished my apartment from MARLO in 2 separate trips. First trip was okay, good sales prices. Purchased a couch and chair. Got the bed for free, purchased mattress and box springs. No problems.

At the President's Day sale, I purchased a tv chest, coffee table, dresser and 7 piece dining room set. I took a tape measure to ensure the pieces would fit. I spent about 2 hours with the salesman, and asked a lot of questions. Twice I asked if all furniture would be assembled. He said yes. I asked if they would move the tv electronic equipment to the new chest. He said yes. I paid cash.

When the furniture was delivered, I was told they could not move electronics and could not put together the dining room set, although they assembled the coffee table.

I called MARLO the next day and complained. The customer service rep could not accurately get my customer code, I had to repeat it 4 times. I kept asking to speak to a manager. The rep put me on hold twice, and finally said "Ma'am, I don't know what to say to you." I just about yelled to put the manager on the phone.

The manager came on, and I explained everything again. I indicated that for whatever reason the sale was misrepresented, and I wanted to know how they were going to take care of it. The manager apologized and said they would send me a $50 gift certificate. Poor, but okay. To date, I have not received the gift certificate.

Poor, poor, poor customer service! Do not buy from MARLO!

Marlo Alexandria VArefusal of refund or delivery of furniture

Marlo Sucks don't buy from them.

After ordering furniture from Marlo they showed us 2 hours late against a 4 hour window (6 hours) the first delivery date. They tried to assemble the tables and were missing parts so they had to reschedule, After waiting another 3 hours the second delivery they still could not assemble tables because they were missing parts. I purchased about $3000 of furniture so I requested a refund. Marlo has refused to refund the payment for the tables they can't assemble. So I went thru my bank and still 8 months later Marlo has still refused to deliver or refund my money. I will now pay an attorney to get my $800.00 back. He will charge $1000 plus court costs. They have a bunch of complete idoits working at marlo. You get the receptionist with what I BELIEVE IS A THIRD GRADE EDUCATION telling you she is a supervisor and Marlo managers don't care about paying $2000 instead of issuing a refund. is everyone a complete idoit that works there or what?

Shawn

Marlo Furniturebeyond frustrated

I purchased my furniture from Marlo in Alexandria, VA on Black Friday to take advantage of the advertised free delivery. It was scheduled for delivery that next Saturday. I recieved several automated calls to confirm my delivery time. When they showed up, 45 mins late on my delivery date, they refused to put any effort into trying to get my sofa into my apartment. They simply kept telling me it was too big and asking me to sign a waiver in order to make it fit. My door was not too narrow, they were unwilling to stand it up or even to lift it beyond trying to go straight through the door. In trying to deal with this, the delivery men discovered that I was missing my dining room table. When I spoke to the dispatcher, they told me the table was backordered until mid January, which in my repeated confirmation calls no one told me. So, I refused the order because I had coffee tables and no sofa and dining room chairs and no dining room table. The next day I spoke with my salesman and picked out a shorter sofa just to ensure delivery the next time. I was assured that this time would be better and that this sofa was in stock. Well, ofcourse it was not; backordered until the 18th of December.I spoke to a customer service representative who assured me that the other items on my ticket would be held until the sofa came in. On the 17th of December I called and was told that my sofa and chair had come in and they could deliver on the 19th. On the 18th I received a call that the coffee table( the same ones that have previously been delivered and that I was told would be held) were now out of stock until the end of the month. When I spoke to a customer service representative I was told there was nothing that could be done and she refused to transfer me to anyone or anywhere else. When I call the store I am directed back to the same customer call center that can not do anything to solve my problem. My delivery is pending still due to snow in the area so they MIGHT or might not deliver tomorrow. I am beyond frustrated and just want my furniture. It has been almost a month now!

Marlo Furniture — horrible service

Order a kitchen table set. Only delievered three chairs and a table, i was missing the other chair. Finally a...

Marlo Furniturehorrible customer service

I am dumb again to purchase a leather sofa from Marlo this Thanksgiving weekend! Ten years ago, I purchased a bedding set from Marlo Furniture in Falls Church, their Chester drawer arrived slightly damaged! I emailed + calls without any responses from them. I did not have time to pursue further and gave up on it!

This year, I gave them a second chance! I thought about that horrible customer service but was lured by their low price anyway. I bought a big leather sofa that their delivery men can not bring into my family room. They do not remove doors! I wanted to return the sofa but Marlo will charge a 20% re-stocking fee for an unwrapped merchandise! They are nasty!

Do not waste your time dealing with them! You have to look at it as a cash and carry issue as if you are to buy your furniture at a flea market. Once the transaction is done, things are over!

Marlo Furniturefrustrating experience

We placed the order on Aug 08 for the total amount of about 2500$. Order included 1 piece that was not in stock (table). Marlo expected to get it on Aug 22. It did not happen. When calling I have been said that the table will come at the beginning of Sept. It did not happen again. Another call was made and another date was there: Sept 14. On Sept 14 table could be there but data were not entered. Finally on Sept 15 it was delivered to warehouse and delivery was scheduled during my call for Sat 19. On Sept 18 I called to customer care to request about the exact delivery time for Sept 19 and found out that delivery for Sept 19 is not scheduled in the system...

Beyond this, there were multiple inquiries (from our side, of course…) about the separate pieces in the delivery list which were in stock, and multiple miss-leading statements and false starts (not from our side, of course). The bottom line is: 6 weeks after the purchase, despite numerous promises, nothing is delivered. Moreover, the deliver is not even scheduled according to Marlo system. We lost out time We learned lesson:

no more Marlo shopping!

Marlo Furniture — did not clean up

Here is all the complaints i have for Marlo Furniture: -the salesman assured me that everything was in stock...

Marlo Furniturepoor customer service

Purchased 3 pieces of furniture in December 2017 including a recliner. In early January 2017 the recliner became stuck in the reclined position. Marlo sent a man out the next week who said a piece needed to be ordered. He ordered the piece right in front of me and said it would be delivered in 6 weeks to my home and he would come out and install it. After 7 weeks I called the store and was told the man did not get the recliner's serial number. No one called to tell me they needed the number. I gave them the number and was told it would be another 6 weeks. After 7 weeks I again called and no one can figure out where the part is. Customer service repeatedly says they will research it and call me back but no one EVER calls back. When I ask for a manager I am told there are no managers on duty. It has been 4 months since the chair broke.

• Valerie Apr 25, 2008

My wife and I bought a new bedroom set from marlo in Rockville and the salesman divine told us that everything was in stock. when it came time for delivery half of the bedroom was not delivered. we called divine to let him know and he did not seem to care. after three phone calls to him we went to the store. he was no help to us he was different to us when we were spending our money. we talked to the store manger who was very helpful and gave us a gift cirtifiicket for our troubles. at least someone was helpful. don’t by from people who lie thanks divine.

Marlos' Furniturerude employees

I purchased my Dinning room set (a table and four chairs)) from Marlo’s Furniture Laurel store on November 2005. It was a terrible experience for me from the start . It all started with the delivery, when we noticed that one of the four chairs were missing ( even though there were four boxes, one was empty ). We called them right away and informed that one of our chairs were missing. We were instructed to call your Forrestville location and report this, which we did. We went through the whole what ifs scenarios before we got it resolved. My husband finally got the go ahead to pick this at your Forresville location, which he did. Only to find out after we arrived home and open the box, the back of the chair had a cut in the back (looks like a razor cut to me). I've tried without any success to get this matter resolved, and again I got the what if scenarios.( Stating that, how they know that I am telling the truth. Which I found to be very embarrassing, as if I'm a thief and a liar). It go to the point where I didn't’t want to call them anymore because I knew they were just going to transfer me around to deal with their unprofessional employees. Finally, I had the chance to speak to Iris the store manager, who said that she will go ahead and order me a back for the damaged chair which should be delivered in about a week form the time I spoke with her ( March 8th, 2008 ) . Almost three weeks later, and still no chair back, so I kept calling and calling to speak to Iris, and every time when I call with speak to her, she is either on the phone or in a meeting, and I am told to leave her a message. Which I do, but she never return my calls. I called again…….again………. . Still no response. Every time I called I have to deal with rude employees ( Kathleen, Joy and Kenitra). I had to chance to speak with Kathleen this morning ( March 13, 2009 ), and at this point I am very frustrated, and angry, and we started yelling at each other. Telling me it is Iris's problem and not hers before she slams the phone in my ear before. I am very appalled that a store of this magnitude, offers such terrible service. I will suggest that your customer service staff needs proper training ( I would say you whole department from managers to delivery staff). They don’t care about me and are not afraid to lose me because I already paid everything( in cash ) and I am just their ONE customer. I am tired, but I still want to fight. I don’t want this happen to anybody else anymore.

Marlo Furniture — gas rebate

Beware when they send you a reward for buying something. I purchased $1500 worth of furniture and was to...

Marlo Furnitureno customer service

I purchased almost 10, 000 dollars worth of furniture in August 2007 for a new home. living room sofa's were 1000.00 dollars a piece. within 2months the sofa was coming apart from it seams don't even sit on the sofa's often .it took me almost 4 months to have some one come out to look at sofa. when came out said yes it is the material of the sofa so they replaced it. like 3 weeks later now both sofas are coming apart at the seams, still don't sit on sofa's often because material starts to spread.

I have been contacting Marlo's customer service department since September 2008 and I am still getting a run around that i have to call the warranty department. I call them they say call Marlo, I call Marlo ask to speak to a manager there is never one available. they are so rude and disrespectful. they put you on hold and hang up on you. they tell you one thing somebody else tells you something else from the same corporate office if that is there corporate office. then they should have been out of business along time ago the way they treat you .

it's easy for them to take your money and then they make you buy the warranty and it doesn't cover anything. furniture is not good quality at all. material is terrible. I don't even want my money back I just want some better quality furniture and to be treated better as a customer. I will tell everyone never to buy furniture from Marlo. Where do you go from here to get help. I worked hard for my money to buy furniture and I can't even enjoy it.

Marlo Furniture — terrible service

I ordered a sofa sleeper in September, the first delivery was made and the dust covers were ripped. They...

Marlow Furnitureawful company

In an interesting turn of events, I contacted Marlow Furniture this morning to find out about a delivery scheduled for tomorrow November 5th promised to myself and my fiancee and what I found out was truly astonishing which for me immediately caused me to request cancellation of my order and a refund. I called because I hadn't heard anything from Marlow Customer service stating what time the delivery would be arriving.

As I do with anything I call to confirm so that someone is available at my home to meet the delivery personnel. In doing so I was informed by Customer Service that this item was not ordered when purchased and was not in stock in the warehouse and was not sure when it would be available and they were hoping my product would be available sometime next week. I found this unacceptable and the Customer Service agent sympathized with me and said there was nothing she could do. I asked her how would I go about requesting a refund and she responded I would have to call the same number I called to speak to them to speak to a sales representative at the location I made the purchase from.

I hung up, called them and the next person I spoke with informed me that the item had been purchased but would not be in the warehouse until November 10th 5 days after we were promised delivery and then once it was confirmed in the warehouse the sales representative was to contact me to schedule delivery which was totally different from what we were told in the store on the day we paid for the product. I asked the person on the line how do I go about obtaining a refund and she said I would have to speak with a manager and the manager would have to void the ticket. Needless to say the manager was not available and was not able to be brought to the phone because of the location in the store not being close. She took a message, gave me a customer code and said they will leave the message to void the purchase for my refund.

This saga is far from over I will be calling them back after I finish this report and will continue once our conversation is over to let the public know what happens next. STAY TUNED...

Marlo Furnitureterrible everything

1.The main problem - they lie a lot! Sale person told us the sofa is made in US - lie from China. We found this out when they could not deliver in time - they explained that container from China was hold at the border.

2. The promise to deliver entire order but delivered only part of it and we are still waiting for the sofa. We were told that the sofa was braking while they are assembling it. We are concerned that it might be defective one when they deliver it.

3. Customer support tell you lies without any fear. They never connect you to a manager. Last time when customer service rep told us- 'if you want to sue us - sue me' - that was sarcastic...

If you want to save your money, time and nerves DO NOT BUY FROM MARLO' - we are sorry we did not see this web site before going to MARLO.

Marlo Furnitureawful customer service

I purchased a living and dining room set from Marlo furniture in Forestville, MD, I must admit the sales reps that I dealt with were professional, but everything after that goes down hill. First my delivery dates kept kept getting pushed further and further away, and when I would call and inquire about it, each time the piece that they were waiting to "come in" from the warehouse would change.

My Living room set came first, and this is were everything gets crazy, They deliver everything and at first glance, it all looks fine (aside from the fact that set of cocktail/end tables I ordered were not assembled by them even though I was told in the store they would be) but then I noticed that my sofa has a tear in the arm rest. I called customer service immediately, by this time the delivery guys had been gone about 15 minutes, I spoke with a lady who apologized for the inconvenience and then said she would contact the delivery guys so they could come right back pick up the damaged sofa and I would have my new sofa by the end of the week.

Nonetheless they never came, so I once again called customer service to let the know, this time it's man I speak to who tells me there's no such thing even noted in my account, so I once again explain everything to him and he tells me the delivery guys will call to set up the pick up in 24 hours. The next day comes and no call, I call them again to let them know no delivery has been set up and this lady begins to tell me that their system doesn't work that way and a technician would contact me in 48hours and come out and "survey" to see if it was repairable, the furniture that wasn't even in my house a good 20 minutes after I noticed the tear.

I promptly told this lady that I did not purchased refurbished furniture I purchased new furniture she then told me it was nothing she could do about it so I asked to speak to her manager, her reply was the manager was busy, I told her that I would hold until the manager was free she then told me the manager may be busy for a while and it wold be too long to hold. So I hung up with her and the next day I went to to store in Forestville.

There I spoke with the manager with whom I had to explain the whole situation all over again, which she told me she doesn't know why the first customer service person told me they would exchange the already damaged when delivered furniture for undamaged furniture thats not there policy. I told her this is unfortunate but I purchased new furniture, she then told me she would have to see if this could be overridden by someone higher than her because she (as the manager) didn't have the authority. So she comes back and tell me that she's gotten the sofa overridden and it would be here at the end of the week.

Then once I got home, My husband was putting together the cocktail and end tables (that the previous delivery guys didn't put together) and he noticed that on one of the end tables the holes that are pre-drilled into the table so the legs can be screwed to them are too small for the screws that are sent in the box.

Once again I have to justify myself with customer service. I spoke to them told the the ordeal and they made me feel as if I spoke a foreign language, I guess they figured there was no way that something could be wrong with there merchandise, so once again they feed me lies and tell me that it would be delivered the next day which coincidentally happen to be the day they would deliver my replacement sofa. The next day came and went my sofa came and no new end table, so again I'm back on the phone with Marlo customer service and yet anew story is told, now I must wait 48-72 hours for a technician to call and schedule a time to come out and survey my table. And now I still wait for the mystery technician to call.

Marlo is by far the worst furniture company ever! All they care about is getting your money, I have told everyone I know about my ordeal with them.

Marlo Furniture — still waiting!!!

Do not buy from this place. I repeat... Do not buy from this place. I am currently in the military and wa...

Marlo — delivery and customer service

I am writing this complaint letter not to seek any type of pecuniary benefit, but merely to express my...

Marlo Furnitureavoid them

We purchased a living room set from marlo and scheduled delivery for 30 days after the purchase. I went for almost 2 months without a living room set. They did deliver the sofas but the coffee table and the chair was a miss match. When I called the main office I was told that the items I had purchase where no longer available and that I would have to take what they delivered or to come back to the store and pick something else. Then when I went to the store they told me that I would have to apply for a new credit card because they were no longer working with the same creditor that we were approved with before.

• Valerie Apr 16, 2008

Marlo does not care about its customers and never reply to feedbacks from its customers. Here is the story and the letter I sent them:

On April 1, 2008, my father-in-law and my wife ordered and paid for a rocker recliner (SKU: [protected] $401.74) from Sales Consultant, Eddie Elahi, at the Laurel Marlo Furniture Showroom. Upon check-out, they were told to call back on 4/11/08 to confirm its pickup date of 4/15/08. Surprisingly, a day later, Wednesday (4/2/08), I received a call from Mr. Elahi telling me that they actually had the rocker recliner in stock now and I could pick it up next day on 4/3/08 anytime between 10AM and 6 PM. On 4/4/08 Friday afternoon around 1 PM, I took 2 hours off from work and drove 22 miles from my house in Silver Spring to the Marlo Warehouse in Forestville and was only told by the lady behind the pickup desk that it was not ready for pickup! She told me the computer showed the pickup date was supposed to be 4/15/08. I told her that the sales rep. called and specifically told me two days ago that it was in stock and was ready for pickup. She advised me to call Mr. Elahi, so I immediately called him at [protected] (ext. 3421) and left a voice mail inquiring about the pickup date. So I drove home empty handed and got stuck on 495 for an hour due to an overturned truck and trailer.

After arriving home, I called the Laurel Warehouse inquiring about the pickup date for the rocker recliner that I already paid for and received the same reply that it was not ready for pickup and was advised to contact Mr. Elahi. I then left two more voice mails on both Mr. Elahi’s phone at Marlo and his cell. A week passed and Mr. Elahi never returned any of my phone calls to explain why he called and told me the rocker recliner was ready for pickup but in fact it was not. I do not understand why Mr. Elahi gave me the false pick-up information (April’s fool day?) that wasted 2 hours of my time/gas and why he never returned my phone calls to at least apologize.

A week had passed, on April 11, 2008 (Friday), I received a message from Marlo on my answering machine when I got home from work saying that the rocker recliner was ready for pickup and asked me to call to set up a pickup time. Next morning, April 12, 2008(Saturday), I called and was told that I could pick it up anytime before 6PM. So I drove another 22 miles with my wife and daughter to Forestsville. After checking in with the lady at the pickup desk, I waited 50 minutes (2:10PM – 3PM) before they finally brought out the rocker recliner. During these 50 minutes, I had seen numerous people who arrived after me had their furniture loaded. There was absolutely no communication between the lady that checked me in and the movers. In other words, there was no “first come first served” order at all. There was no number ticket or anything else. The movers simply bring out furniture in any order they pleased. They were also rude and unprofessional. In this respect, Marlo has a lot to learn from Sears and CircuitCity pickup centers.

You may ask why I did not cancel my order after the first false pickup notification ordeal. I would have in a heartbeat if it was not because my father-in-law personally went and picked out the rocker recliner at the Laurel store. My father-in-law had been living with us for years and my wife and I learned that he was diagnosed with liver-cancer two weeks ago and that he only had 4 months to live. Two weeks ago he asked for a more comfortable recliner, so my wife brought him, who is 80 years old with difficult walking, to Marlo to pick out a recliner that he liked. He does not go out that much anymore, this time he went and picked the recliner. This may very well be the last big item that we purchased for him. Now you understand why I did not want to cancel the order.

I do not expect any reply from Marlo since the last feedback that I filled out a week ago on Marlo's website’s Order Concerns webpage went unanswered. This proved that Marlo Furniture had no concern for its customers. All they want is your money, period. Order from them only if you don't mind spending hours of your time dealing with them.

Marlo Furnitureterrible company!

On April 1, 2008, my father-in-law and my wife ordered and paid for a rocker recliner (SKU: [protected] $401.74) from Sales Consultant, Eddie Elahi, at the Laurel Marlo Furniture Showroom. Upon check-out, they were told to call back on 4/11/08 to confirm its pickup date of 4/15/08 in Forestville.

Surprisingly, a day later, Wednesday (4/2/08), I received a call from Mr. Elahi telling me that they actually had the rocker recliner in stock now and I could pick it up next day on 4/3/08 anytime between 10AM and 6 PM. Taking 2 hours off work, on 4/4/08 Friday afternoon, I drove 22 miles from my house in Silver Spring to the Marlo Warehouse in Forestville.

Surprisingly, when I got there I was told by the lady behind the pickup desk that it was not ready for pickup! She told me the computer showed the pickup date was supposed to be 4/15/08. I told her that the sales rep. called and specifically told me that it was in stock and was ready to be picked up. She advised me to call Mr. Elahi, so I immediately called him at [protected] (ext. 3421) and left a voice mail inquiring about the pickup date. So I drove home empty handed and got stuck on 495 for an hour due to an overturned truck and trailer.

After arriving home, I called the Laurel Warehouse inquiring about the pickup date for the rocker recliner that I already paid for and received the same reply that it was not ready for pickup and was advised to contact Mr. Elahi. I then left two more voice mails on both Mr. Elahis phone at Marlo and his cell. A week passed and Mr. Elahi never returned any of my phone calls to explain why he misinformed me that the rocker recliner was ready for pickup. I still do not understand why Mr. Elahi gave me the false pick-up information (Aprils fool day?) that wasted 2 hours of my time/gas and why he never returned any of my phone calls to explain or apologize for the foul up.

A week had passed, on April 11, 2008 (Friday), I received a message from Marlo on my answering machine when I got home from work saying that the rocker recliner was ready for pickup and asked me to call to set up a pickup time. Next morning, April 12, 2008 (Saturday), I called and was told that I could pick it up anytime before 6PM. So I drove, again, 22 miles with my wife and daughter to Forestsville. After checking in with the lady at the pickup desk, I waited 50 minutes (2:10PM 3PM) before they finally brought out the rocker recliner. During these 50 minutes, I had seen numerous people who arrived after me had their furniture loaded. There was absolutely no coordination between the lady that checked me in and the movers. In other words, there was no first come first served order at all. There was no number ticket or anything else. The movers simply brought out furniture in any order they pleased. They were also rude and unprofessional. In this respect, Marlo has a lot to learn from either Sears and CircuitCity in their pickup processes.

You may ask why I did not cancel my order after the first false pickup notification ordeal. I would have in a heartbeat if it was not because my father-in-law went in person and picked out the rocker recliner at the Laurel store. My father-in-law had been living with us for years and my wife and I learned that he was diagnosed with liver-cancer two weeks ago and that he only had 4 months to live. Two weeks ago he asked for a more comfortable recliner, so my wife drove him, who is 80 years old with difficult walking, to Marlo to pick out a recliner that he liked. He does not go out that much anymore, this time he went and picked the recliner. This may very well be the last big item that we purchased for him. Now you understand why I did not want to cancel the order.

Obviously, Marlo does not care about its customers since I filled out a feedback via their websites's Order Concerns webpage a week ago and it went unanswered. All I wanted was an explanation and possibly an apology from them, maybe that was too much to ask. I have to conclude that Marlo Furniture has the worst customer service I've ever experienced from the past 30 years dealing with hundreds of local and online retailers. With a service like this, I would be very surprised if they are still around 3 years from now.

Marlo Furniture / Home Theatre Seating — poor quality product!

I purchased my Home Theatre Seating in 2007 and Mr. Divine from the Rockville, MD Marlo Furniture Center wa...