Mango Airlines / FlyMango / baggage control

1 South Africa

I flew from George to Johannesburg yesterday, 1 January 2018. Upon arriving home, I discovered that my luggage had been opened, my perfume box opened, the perfume bottle removed and stolen, the empty torn box put back into my bag and the luggage zipped closed again.

Not only is theft a disgusting and unacceptable act for a human being to commit in general, it is also a dismissable offence!!! People lose there jobs for acts like this every day. And should certainly do so in an industry and profession where people are expected to handle and safeguard other peoples belongings. To think they can just rummage through these PERSONAL belongings to help themselves to whatever they please is despicable!!!

Secondly, theft is a criminal offence!! I certainly do not want to support a company which hires and employs criminals!!! Customers have no choice but to entrust the staff of the airline with their personal belongings. This trust is abused when we can't even fly for 1 and a half hours without worrying about our property being taken. This is appalling. I am shocked and infuriated by this. And will certainly not be using Mango again.

That being said. It may not have even been a Mango staff member who physically committed the theft. However, I can confidently say that of all the flights I've taken (which are many), this is the first time I have had this experience. And Mango, being the service provider I expected and PAID to safeguard my belongings, is the one I am holding accountable!!!

Thanks