[Resolved] Malaysia Airlinesflight overbooking & alternative flight incorrect info

I was scheduled to fly from klia - perth with malaysian airlines for work. I arrived at the airport 2.5hrs early to learn my flight was overbooked - it took 1 hour to arrange alternate flights home and only because I consistently followed the gentleman helping me until I was sure I was securely en route home. Overbooking a flight is simply pure greed on the airlines part and inexcusable. I was told by mr khairi halfizi of malaysian airlines that my bags would be transferred straight to perth, and that he had logged the request to upgrade me to business class and grant me lounge access with qantas when I landed in melbourne - none of this was true. I asked repeatedly for some form of reassurance that what I was being told in kl was communicated to qantas, I was refused & told it was logged on the "teledex" system - qantas had no record. The boarding pass I was printed in kl had 3x small letters saying upg which I presume means upgrade but this had no bearing with the qantas staff in melbourne. Luckily I had the diligence to wait at the baggage claim just in case. My bag arrived and I had to collect and re-drop it was qantas. My australia day plans have been hugely impacted due to the greed of malaysian airlines - a holiday I cannot get back.

• Resolution statement

• Malaysia Airlines Customer Care's Response, Apr 10, 2017

Dear Ms Tenille Douglas,

We regret for your unpleasant experience flying with us.
    Kindly provide your email address for us to proceed with any further action.

Sincerely,