[Resolved] Makemytrip.com / extra charges

1 4420 Sarah street 91505Burbank, CA, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased tickets for Emirates Airlines via makemytrip.com online for 1200 dollars. Unfortunately I was not able to go on my trip so I made sure to let the airlines and makemytrip.com know this. I was sick at the hospital with a doctors note and hospitalization documents. Makemytrip.com charged me 650 dollars to change my date from the 19th of December to the 23rd of December. I was not able to travel on the 23rd again due to my sickness, now that I desire to change my date they are charging me again; this time more than 650 dollars. I am unhappy that I was charged a penalty fee for changing the date of my trip even though I am entitled to a fee waver due to my sickness and hospitalization. If I provide a doctors notice I should not have to pay a fee to change the date of my flight. I am not concerned about the first payment, however, I cannot afford to pay for the second one. I believe it is unfair for me to pay the second payment and would appreciate it if it was waved considering the fact that I was hospitalized and do have official documentation and a doctors notice. I can fax my official documents for proof and review. Thank you for considering my complaint.

• Resolution statement

• MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Dec 30, 2008

Dear Customer,

Regret any inconvenience caused to you. Please write to me with details on this case at geeta.eral@makemytrip.com

Assure to help and resolve the case.

Regards
    Geeta Eral

Comments

• Ni
      10th of Mar, 2010

Myself book my air ticket from Kolkata to Imphal on 21 Feb 2010 using debit card my booking IDs are FLT00009891196 and FLT00009891810. As per your company has to deduct Rs. 2, 740/- X 2 = Rs. 5, 480/- but the amount deducted from my account is Rs. 2, 740/- X 3 = Rs. 8, 220/-. Rs. 2, 740/- has been deducted extra from my SBI debit account no.10031481387. Your company has to return the said amount to me, therefore inform me about the matter at the earliest on my mobile no. 09886610415 and my email ID is Nimai_Singh@yahoo.Com. Xerox copy of my bank statement is attached herewith. Do needful at the earliest.