[Resolved] Makemytrip.com / extra charges
I recently purchased tickets for Emirates Airlines via makemytrip.com online for 1200 dollars. Unfortunately I was not able to go on my trip so I made sure to let the airlines and makemytrip.com know this. I was sick at the hospital with a doctors note and hospitalization documents. Makemytrip.com charged me 650 dollars to change my date from the 19th of December to the 23rd of December. I was not able to travel on the 23rd again due to my sickness, now that I desire to change my date they are charging me again; this time more than 650 dollars. I am unhappy that I was charged a penalty fee for changing the date of my trip even though I am entitled to a fee waver due to my sickness and hospitalization. If I provide a doctors notice I should not have to pay a fee to change the date of my flight. I am not concerned about the first payment, however, I cannot afford to pay for the second one. I believe it is unfair for me to pay the second payment and would appreciate it if it was waved considering the fact that I was hospitalized and do have official documentation and a doctors notice. I can fax my official documents for proof and review. Thank you for considering my complaint.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Dec 30, 2008
Regret any inconvenience caused to you. Please write to me with details on this case at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assure to help and resolve the case.
More Makemytrip.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Makemytrip - my worst experience with customer care pnr no. - yqc4fa 
- [Resolved] Makemytrip.com - refund not given on time 
- Make My Trip - ripped by make my trip
- [Resolved] Makemytrip.com - scam and cheating 
- Makemytrip.com - us customers beware of these scammers 
- Makemytrip - ticket booked ref: gsiveo (made to purchase baggage, when the allowance existed)
- [Resolved] Makemytrip - denying refund
- Makemytrip - online airline ticket booking
- Makemytrip - need insurance claim & full refund
- Makemytrip - refund pending for home stay cancellation