MagicJack / magic jack crook & unethical

1 Upland, CA, United States Review updated:

I used Magic jack (#1) on my desk top happily for a year, and period expired but I kept it connected, and used it once in a way. It showed a message it will expired shortly, please renew. I did not renew, few days later, suddenly it said upgrading and changed / screwed up my entire window xp pro. Changes to the system made by Magic Jack did not allow to use restore point. Computer started freezing, not working properly. After few restart it worked ok but all restore point were useless. I had another Magic Jack (#2) which is brand new, I connected and it did not work at all on that desk top computer, but it worked on laptop fine. Contacted tech but they could not make it work, their knowledge was limited it did not work at all on my desk top, and on lap top it worked fine, without any effort.
So I formatted my desk top and re-installed xp pro but still Magic Jack (#2) will not work, I contacted tech they could not make it work. It appears that MJ is copying xp serial key or some file (How Microsoft recognizes your system) and not allowing me to even use NEW MJ (#2) on that desk top computer. When service expires they should stop allowing use and not screw up OS. I am going to look for class action attorney to look into this. FCC is useless, they don't do any thing. If anybody has such experience please report here for attorney to look seriously.

Comments

• Dr
      16th of Apr, 2009

I am experiencing same problems with my Imac and I have not shut it down because it changed my password for the second time and I am affraid to shut down and not be able to get back on Can someone please help and I want to talk to your lawyer if they want to start a law suit I think it stole information HELP.

dragonfly_walk@yahoo.com