MagicJack / they robbed us

We tried Magic Jack for the free 30 day trial (free... lol). Even when it was working, there was at least a 30-60 second delay on outgoing calls, as well as incoming... you answer the phone and hear nothing (on the callers end it is still ringing, even though you have picked up). Then it just stopped working altogether. Don't even get me started on customer service, what customer service? When we did get a live chat tech, we went back and forth for hours, with 0 resolve. We finally returned the device, with in our 30 days, so not to be charged the $50. We got delivery confirmation to prove when they received the magic jack back, and we know they received it. Well, they still charged our bank account for $50. They got their product back and our $50, that is where the scam comes in! I called my bank, and they advised us to file a dispute once the charge clears (its still a pending transaction right now). Hopefully we will get our money back that way. Magic Jack robbed us!!

Va

Comments

• Ki
      4th of Jul, 2008

I would not recommend MagicJack to anyone. I was Charged $47 when i ordered but charged $66 on my credit card. After chatting with Magic rep (i am pretty sure that first rep is a automated system - then you get send to next level after 15 min of useless chatting), they said they would refunded my second year subscription that i didn't order. But reading other threads, I am doubtful that i will actually be getting my refund. In my opinion, this company lacks integrity and is not a reliable company - especially to provide a necessary service.

• Me
      5th of Jul, 2008

I tried installing 2 magicjacks into 2 computers, used 2 different phones
    for about 10 hours and to no avail.

But I have Norton by Symantec and UNINSTALLED it...

And Wallah... IT WORKED!

I think that it is incompatible with any NORTON software.

Just try it, uninstall norton, hook up y9our magicjack and see what happens.

Let me know if it works fo you guys.

mediocrex@yahoo.com

• Ro
      20th of Nov, 2008

When I bought the magicJack I was excited, but then as I began to use the MagicJack it became very unpredictable as to how it was going to operate when it booted up, sometimes it would come on right away, then sometimes I would look at " starting please wait" for 20 minutes or so, I might also add than my computer was completely inoperable during the time of waiting and waiting for a dial tone.

Sometimes after it came on I would make a call and hear the phone ringing thru my speakers, then sometimes I would get thru to who I was calling and they couldn't hear me, sometimes I would dial a number and nothing would happen, sometimes I would try to use the voice mail and hit the * key when I heard a voice and the voice kept talking, I hit the * key many times and nothing. This MagicJack is obviously a scam and has stressed me out terribly.

I can't believe I cancelled my phone service for this piece of crap, there is absolutely no consistency when you turn it on, as to what it's going to do, I have no way of getting my money back, I think I'm stuck with this little devil, anybody have any idea's.

When I emailed Greg at greg.wood@magicjack.com he accused me of being very sarcastic and told me that my complaints about the MagiJack were of an unusual nature, I have since emailed him many times and he has yet to answer.

• Ri
      3rd of Aug, 2009

MY MAGIC IS NOT WORKING NO MORE . TRY TO PUT MY E-MAIL AND PASSWORD WONT ACCEPT IT .PLS ANY ONE CAN HELP FOR THIS MATTER .MY CELPHONE # 1(925)978-7169