MagicJack / fraud and cheating

I first placed my order by phone, as it was all automated it didn't take my address, it told me one but it was wrong. Not knowing what to do I went online to try an contact them to straighten it out. When I finally got in touch with them, they proceeded to tell me that my email address was registered to someone other then myself, they gave me her name an address, it was a woman who lived in pittsburg pa. as I had this email address for four yrs. I knew then I was being duped.

Every time I tried to correct the issue they continued to tell me it wasn't me, however I always got there email response at my address. Long story short I wound up paying for this other womans which I had ordered 2 jacks an 2years service which was around 70.00 $. When I never got my order they took it again this time it was for 1 jack an 1 yr. o I was charged again for this order of which I finally received. However I am still out my 70.00$ as they would not believe I wasn't the other lady even though my bank account info they took proved otherwise.

Or

Comments

23rd of May, 2009

Did you also ever know that magicjack tried to charge me over $90.00 for a free 30 day trial? And what they don't tell foljs is that when your credit card company/bank denies a transaction (thanks to my bank - wellsfargo), magicjack takes $1.00? Yes, they tried over charging me $90 instead of $39.95...they never knew I had authorized my bank not to allow any charges from them apart from $39.95 + 6.99 shipping and handling - and that should be after 30 free trial days. But these dupes (without any phone numbers or addresses for such a "reputable" company) wanted to charge the card even though it was a trial---and my bank disapproved!

They managed to run away with $6 but I am done with them. I think the inventor of this magicjack should sit up and sort out some of these complaints, else, soon, he would be done and out because nobody would patronize his product. As of now, about 80% of consumes believe that magicjack is FRAUD - and I SECOND!

Consumers, BEWARE! We don't even know the ID's of the people we chat with and you can wait for hours before you get some to chat with you - they simply SUCK! For now, I am sticking to my phone company until I get a credible one---maybe, I must try vonage or...!