[Resolved] Magazine Rewards Plus / $50.00 walmart gift card!

United States Review updated:

On 6/18/2017, I called the 800 number([protected])to discuss the offer I received in my Sunday newspaper, a free $50.00 Walmart Gift Card
On 6/18/2017, I called [protected], to discuss the Walmart Gift Card offer. When a lady answered, she explained that the gift card offer was presented in conjunction with a magazine offer: "you are entitled to receive up to 3 issues of your favorite magazines, absolutely Risk-FREE."
My "scam" antennae began to immediately perk up!
The lady, I think she said her name was Rosemary, then proceeded to rattle off about 50 various magazine titles from which I was to choose three. I asked her to pause while I checked to see if i could find the list online at magazine rewards+website. She began to get impatient. There was no list on line of the magazines offered, so I asked her to go slowly through her list, and I chose 3 titles.
She then explained that there was a number to call to stop the offer before they proceeded to extend the charges for a full year's subscription to each of the three magazines I had chosen. That number was [protected].
Intuitively, I asked what would happen if no one answered at that number.
she responded "I'm sure that someone would answer"
When I queried "What makes you sure. Have you tried calling that number?
or are you trying to tell me that sight unseen this was a trustworthy company and..." at this point she hung up on me.
My strong advice is"Stay away from this type of scam offer."
Why isn't there any oversight to protect us consumers from so many pervasive scams? Who is responsible for overseeing these potential scammers?
When I find the answers to this question, I will add it on to this report. Or, maybe someone who is reading this can answer the question. That would greatly please me.

450.00for

• Resolution statement

• Magazine Rewards Plus Customer Care's Response, Jul 05, 2017

If you contact customer service they will walk you though the steps (step -- it's only one) to claim your gift card. There is a form to fill out which the reps can send to you by email or USPS mail. Customer Service can also work with you to change any of the magazine subscriptions if you like. Thank you.

Ma
Jun 18, 2017

Comments

• Ju
      24th of Dec, 2017

Ordering any product from infomercials is extremely risky because of who these companies hire to take their calls. Any number that is called from the tv to order a product or get information is being answered by another company. Credit card information is sold and personal information is sold to a data bank company and as you know, promises are not kept. Every "additional offer, " which is "Free Rewards Plus, " "Magazines, " etc, the company taking the calls for all infomercials benefits financially with these scams. Anyone who have elderly people in their families need to warn them about buying products on infomercials or even calling numbers from the tv, in order to protect them because that is who these companies prey on.