Macys Visa Card / bogus fee's added to bill

Do NOT, under any circumstances, open a Macy's charge card to get an additional "20% off" your total purchase. Here's what these SOB's are REALLY doing. The clerk is signing you up for a monthly "credit protection service" and gets a bonus for each person who signs up (without you knowing you have signed up!) Here's what you get, a $2.37 mnthly fee to your credit card bill. Don't bother calling the Macy's credit card people cuz they don't care (and are probably in on this scam). They tell you to call the Credit Protection people and have them credit your account. When I asked them how they think they can bill me for something I never signed up for they said the clerk at the store signed you up and when I signed for the credit card, I agreed to it. If I have problems with that I should call Macy's and speak with their manager. They canceled the service and credited back the fee to my card but here's the catch, everytime I use the card the fee appears again so I have to go thru the whole exercise all over! I told them to pound sand and canceled my card. I may never go into a Macy's again. Who do these fricken people think they are?? Hopefully my complaint to the Better Business Bureau will bring on a class action suit and anyone that ever shopped at Macy's will get a check for $2.37. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN A CHARGE ACCOUNT AT MACY'S...EVER!! Nordstrom has nicer stuff anyway and have gotten a lot cheaper in this bad economy. Hey Macy's people, "bite me - you all suck!!" :-)

N  9th of Jan, 2009 by

Macys Visa Card - took away line of credit

I want my line of credit back, I have never been late or missed payments and without any notice what so ever they decreased my limit. I am mortified and very angry. I pay my bills on time and even more than I am supposed to, why not go after the dead beats. i had almost 2000, oo on my credit card to use and I was shopping in the store with the concept that I will buy some xmas presents but not exceed at least 150.00, when I went to the counter to pay, I was declined, I said it was impossible, when I called for my balance it was 96, 00, I was embarassed and humilated, how dare they do this to me without any kind of written certification, when I called they said O WELL, , Is this anyway to run a business? I would like my line back and an ap ology as well,
N  9th of Jan, 2009 by
This is becoming a common practice in this economic crisis and credit crunch period; credit card companies are making every attempt to reel in the unsecured money they have floating around. The good borrowers such as yourself are being punished for the banks lending practices, it is unfair, but also completely legal till 2010 when new regulations become active.

I totally sympathize with the offense you are feeling and how righteous you are in being angry, however it is happening to people all over the country many with near perfect FICO scores so you are in a club of sorts. I wish I could give you an answer that would give you some recourse.

Also please check your statement to make sure they have no raised your APR as they have been doing this too.
A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
That's quite a scam alright. Kinda makes you wonder what else they are doing that consumers don't know about. I'll think twice before shopping at Macy's.
N  1st of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
yeah, that scammed
D  2nd of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I work at macys when people apply for the card it always ask if you want to sign up for the credit protection it clearly asks yes or no. Its your fault because you didnt read the catch pad, its not a scam if you press yes then you signed up for it. When I do a credit application I always inform my customers what the credit protection is and how it works. So dont blame macys for something you clearly didnt read yourself.

Macy's Logo Macy's