Macy's / denied check

119 Louisiana DriveNorfolk, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757-831-5049
My check was denied for no reason because the money was in my bank account. I can be contacted at the above or at gillisdeidra@yahoo.com

Comments

La
  10th of Dec, 2008
Sounds like GE MONEY not Macy's that did this.

They do it to pad the bills with late fees and interest.

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision
Ni
  26th of Jan, 2009
Probably the check verification company, not Macy's. Company like Certergy, SCAN, Telecheck, etc..if you've ever bounced a check with any company that uses one of those check verification companies you wont be able to pay with a check. ... just a thought..it's happened to me in the past.
Jr
  15th of Aug, 2009
I feel your pain. Have you gone back there? The same thing happened to me yesterday. My bank verified that I had more than enough funds to cover my check and Telecheck (which they use here at the Orlando, Florida location of Macy's that I went to) verified that I have check writing privileges with no negative hits on me. I left without the products that I was wanting to purchase and returned to work. Called their administrative/management office in their location (called 4 times) with no return call. I am in business for myself and would NEVER let a customer out of the door without getting to the bottom of such a problem. Personally they lost my business and I ended up purchasing the products and then some with another company (these were Origins products).
My
  10th of Feb, 2011
I can tell you that as an associate, this happens frequently but it can be associate error, but infrequently is it. We are supposed to verify someone's identity and sometimes we miss letters in the driver's license number. That can cause the problem.

Macy's Logo Macy's