Macysjob interview

I had a interview today for a position in macys.everthing was fine during the interview, then when I though that everything was fine, the person who interview me said, you know at this moment we don't have any position available for you and I asked her "Why"and she said that she doesn't know. It doesn't have any sense then I think, is beacause I am a immigrant or because my accent, then when I came to my home I opened the website macysjob they have a lot of positions and feel so angry, Number 1 she lied to me, she wasn't honest at all Whith me and I asked is because my English or my accent then I ask we still have the discrimination?

De
Jun 02, 2014

Comments

• Co
      Jun 02, 2014

Just because they have jobs available doesn't mean she lied.She didn't have a job available for YOU! She probably doesn't have a job that you're qualified for.

If you want a job working with the public, you need to improve your English skills. Maybe you should go to school.

• Do
      Jun 02, 2014

It may have nothing to do with your accent or country of origin; they may not have any opening for which you are qualified. If your English language skills are not excellent you will not be able to answer customers' questions, if you have no selling experience you won't perform to their needs. Improve your language skills, work any job you can find to gain experience, and try again in a year. Remember, everyone in this country, even the "native Americans, " are descended from immigrants.