Macy's / credit fraud

1 FL, United States Review updated:

The credit office of Macy's called me from India because I was behind on my bill. I made a payment, but it took twice as long as normal business over the phone does because I could not decipher what the agent was saying to me. After that, no one in the Macy's credit office in India or Ohio could find my payment even though I had the confirmation number. The electronic check was cashed by Macy's, though. Struggled with this situation for a couple of months while still making payments. But that other payment had disappeared. I finally found out from the credit office at Bloomingdale's that the payment went to that account. And Macy's put in a negative comment on my credit. I have now asked for Macy's to explain what happened to the payment and to rescind the credit agency negative strike against me.

Comments

12th of Aug, 2008

Just had to let folks out there know about the Macys in Henrietta New York. BEWARE. There is a woman there (still) after I called and complained to the store manager about her return habit. Twice now I have returned items that I purchased online, with a receipt mind you and TWICE she has asked for my social security number. Now I ask you why would she ask for that information? The store manager said it was company policy that she would ask for that. In plain language I said bull **** no one in their right mind would give that info for a simple return. I am a long time Kaufmanns customer and now Macy's and the manager gave me no satisfaction in this matter. I now shop at BonTon. This woman still works for Macy's. Look out folks.

Marlena

• Ti
      9th of Sep, 2008

that just happened to me too!!! i made the payment electronically for 4 months and they still didn't get it!!! i finally just pay over the phone and cancelled my account. I will refuse to go to any macy's store because they take your money out of your pocket!!!