Luna Carpet / Complete disatisfaction

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Many Complaints -

- Luna advertises 1 Room Free but when quoting only quote complete $, won't share the savings or square footage cost.

- They had to reschedule original installation date.

- Installers did not vacuum after installation - leaving staples, tack strip pcs., etc. all over the new rug and surrounding area.

- Installers put some nasty gouges in our plaster walls.

- Installers left a 16' roll of padding and complete box of tack strips.

- 2 weeks after installation we found a few 1" long nails or screws between the padding and carpet and now await their return to fix this problem. We will NEVER BUY FROM LUNA AGAIN or recommend them.

Va

Comments

• Cj
      26th of Nov, 2008

Luna sucks. They scheduled my installation 3 separate times and cancelled all 3. It was guaranteed for a specific date. Each time they called (by computer) and then the scheduled morning called and cancelled. There is a scam going on here that needs to be exposed. I will never order from Luna-don't make the same mistake I did-lost my deposit!

• Ci
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I also lost my $200 deposit because the slime ball salesperson they sent to my home lied to me telling me he was a manager and giving me a "special" price that was ONLY AVAILABLE THAT DAY. Special enough that I called the next day to cancel, because I had a very bad gut feeling about the company, that they dropped the price immediately $900. I agreed to this price and kept my original installation date. I had a few questions previous to the installation date but the person that emailed me was on vacation (convenient) and no one would call me back. They called my house at 6:43 AM the scheduled day of my installation, woke me up, scared me to death thinking something had happened to someone in my family; I told them to saw off. Who does business this way? I will NEVER use this company again and I hope this helps save someone else the headache and hassle of dealing with this slimy company full of liars and incompetent people.

• Ra
      12th of Oct, 2010

I called Luna for a quote the other day. I scheduled an appt. Met the sales dude at the door, only to be told I had to sign right then and there, that its their policy to be the last person to give a quote while you shop, so they can beat the other guys. I said, why dont you offer the best rate available up front, and that I was not ready to commit. He proceeded to tell me how he works on commission, he cannot give me a written quote ( I thought the quote was very high) not their practice to do so. He then told me basically I wasted his time, that if I find Luna is the best price I have to start all over with a different salesman. I told him I wasnt ready, he said the website plainly states you should call luna last! I booted him out of my house.

• Bo
      10th of Nov, 2010

Within 4 months of installation we noticed a seam splitting. Installer came out, said it wasn't a seam but defective carpet, it was pulling away from backing. Inspector came out said it is in fact a seam, the carpet was not defective and severe moisture damage broke the seal of the tape to hold the seam together. We have had no moisture damage - he suggested our dogs had an accident and showed us what faulty carpet sounds like by pulling the carpet off the backing 2 feet from the problem area. #1 I would know if my dogs had an accident, #2 how can carpet be defective 2 feet from a part, but they deny it having an issue at the seam? The project manager called and said our warranty was moot as the only thing in the report was moisture damage which is not covered by warranty. Nothing about the other findings. Come to find out 4 friends of ours had same problems. Hope this post saves someone a bunch of trouble. THEY ARE GARBAGE!

• Bi
      12th of Nov, 2010
    Luna - Poor service
    Luna

Salesman was very pushy and lied to us, telling us we couldn't put down the type of flooring we wanted.

The initial carpet install date was cancelled hours before install, after we had packed up entire house. We had to unpack and repack.

Installed carpet has puckered very visible seams. Worst of all, one room is carpeted in two different dye lots or colors. Now we are packing again to have a different company put down the kind of flooring we wanted initially. Luna was a disaster from beginning to end. Shockingly they still they want to charge me over $5000 for this nightmare including floors that their own inspectors and the installers all agree are unacceptable. Apparently they think they should be given a third try. The floor looks unbelievably cheap.

• Pa
      8th of Jul, 2016

Poor installation, hate this carpet...never ever would recommed Luna to my worst enemy!!!