Lufthansa / DAMAGE OF BAGGAGE

1 India Review updated:

EXPERIENCE FLYING WITH LUFTHANSA

I must share the experience of flying with World Renowned Lufthansa German Airline and moreover your Delhi Staff.

Firstly the experience started on day of flying 09 August 2009 wherein I reached Airport 4 hours before and requested Counter Staff and Station Manager Mr. Pervaiz Khan at Delhi Airport to give us Seat in front since I was with my Wife and an Infant Daughter but all in Vain. Inturn they had given us the LAST Seat ( Delhi - Frankfurt Sector). This was the Most Uncomfotable expereince flying with world renowned Lufthansa German Airlines.

Secondly I was flying from San Francisco - Frankfurt - Delhi route with my wife and Daughter and while arriving at Delhi Airport, we observed that our Brand New Suitcase which was purchased from USA 4 days back badly torned due to mishandling by ground staff during loading / unloading.

When we contacted the officials at the Delhi Airport, firstly they refused to entertain and despite of number of requests and waiting for 2 hours they issued us Damage Report and at the same time, informed that this report had no meaning and nothing could be done for the Damaged torned Suitcase.

Myself, my wife and my Infant Daughter of 2 year had to wait for 2 hours at the airport for the Damage Report Certificate which is a really disappointing and against the ethics of Carrier.

I had sent email to your Delhi office with attached Photographs, Scan Copy of Damage Report and Boarding Pass for which apology response was received and when called to Mr. Malik he straight forwardly refused even to discuss the matter.

I once gain request you to look into the matter for torned Suitcase which was purchased brand new from US.

Hoping for resolution from your office.

Regards

RAHUL KHANNA

Comments

• Na
      13th of Oct, 2010

Had a similar case with Lufthansa staff in Telaviv.
    They were trying to convince me that my 2 years old daughter should carry her 8 KG luggage on board. And yes, they us waiting for 3 hours, until the Big Boss arrived, he was very busy eating Duty Free chocolates with Lufthansa workers while at work, which both explains why he was Big and very Busy.

Since both children started crying after 3 hours of waiting for the Big man, we had no other choice then pay overweight for her luggage to only discover that her luggage was broken when we arrived!

This is how Lufthansa replied to our complaint (after 2 months!):

" Subject: RE: Your comment has been registered under FB-ID 21074260.
    Sent: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:36:22 +0200

was deleted without being read on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:00:37 +0200"

How sweet...