LSI usenet.net / Fraudulent Charges
I received a pre-emptive email from Capital One this morning, regarding possible fraudulent charges that were recently placed with my credit card account. I called Capital One to find out what was going on.
Turns out there was a $1 authorization charge pending on my account from LSI usenet.net. The service rep was suspicious and informed me that the charge was made early this morning and asked if I knew the company or if I had ever done business with them in the past. I told him that I did not know the company nor did I make any charges in the past few days. He gave me their phone number [protected]) and told me to call them and inquire. I called and got a generic voicemail asking me to enter the voice mailbox number. I hung up and started some research on the net. I found a few hits on Google that led me to believe that the company was fraudulent. One website even stated that the company does the initial $1 authorization charge to make sure the account is valid/active, then maxes out the user's card limit account on fraudulent charges. I immediately called Cap One back, cancelled the account and got new cards issued. Good job Capital One on keeping a good look-out for fraud!
Just giving everyone a head's up out there who get a charge like this and don't know what it is.
More LSI usenet.net Complaints & Reviews
- Usenet.nl - fraud 
- Usenet.nl - they keep trying to steal my money after I canceled membership 
- Usenet.nl - usenet - commiting fraud on a daily basis and they think its ok.. 
- Usenet.nl - steer clear 
- Usenet.nl - debt collection service 
- Usenet.nl - usenet service 
- Usenet.nl - account 
- Usenet.nl - usenet is a thief 
- Usenet.nl - free trial prior to subscription
- Usenet.nl - don't ever submit your account details to usenet