LSI usenet.net / Fraudulent Charges

United States Review updated:
Phone: 530-725-0703

I received a pre-emptive email from Capital One this morning, regarding possible fraudulent charges that were recently placed with my credit card account. I called Capital One to find out what was going on.

Turns out there was a $1 authorization charge pending on my account from LSI usenet.net. The service rep was suspicious and informed me that the charge was made early this morning and asked if I knew the company or if I had ever done business with them in the past. I told him that I did not know the company nor did I make any charges in the past few days. He gave me their phone number [protected]) and told me to call them and inquire. I called and got a generic voicemail asking me to enter the voice mailbox number. I hung up and started some research on the net. I found a few hits on Google that led me to believe that the company was fraudulent. One website even stated that the company does the initial $1 authorization charge to make sure the account is valid/active, then maxes out the user's card limit account on fraudulent charges. I immediately called Cap One back, cancelled the account and got new cards issued. Good job Capital One on keeping a good look-out for fraud!

Just giving everyone a head's up out there who get a charge like this and don't know what it is.

Comments

• Ed
      12th of Jul, 2012

I am french (living in France) and it happens the same thing to me. I hope my nank will do something.

• Ed
      12th of Jul, 2012
    LSI*USENET.NET - Fraude
    LSI*USENET.NET
    France

They took around 12.50 euros off my count at least the last two month (as you can see on the JPEG)