Having problems with Usenet.nl?

Usenet.nl reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2010. The latest review Subscription was posted on Nov 24, 2021. The latest complaint but I never signed up for anything... was resolved on Jun 09, 2013. Usenet.nl has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 90 reviews. Usenet.nl has resolved 6 complaints.

Usenet.nl Customer Service Contacts

1877 257 3360 (United States)
+44 203 670 5870 (International (UK)
Via XXV Marzo, 4
Thu10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Usenet.nl Customer Service. Initial Usenet.nl complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Usenet.nl above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Usenet.nl. Discuss the issues you have had with Usenet.nl and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Usenet.nl Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Usenet.nl — can't use it but they still charged me..

My husband try it but he don't know how it works sooo after that they want me to pay the membership fee...

Usenet.nlunethical behaviour

I joined usenet for a free trail of 14 days on 22nd Jan 2017. They charged a dollar for the free trail which I declined. When I used it couple of times my computer was hacked by virus and I had to reach Norton to clear it. I was not very happy with the services and wanted to cancel the account. I did so before the end of the trail period. I completed the online form and the end they asked me to call a Europe number. Which I didn't as it was something I have never heard a company would do. In the mean time the company locked the account on Feb 6th saying I didn't pay. After a month I got a mail to pay 12EUR for the month service. Which I ignored as they locked my account. Then I received a physical mail asking to pay the due. I reached the customer service and explained the situation. They transferred the case to a collection agent and they keep sending emails and physical mails. They are now demanding me to pay 55EUR. I wanted to end this drama and agreed to pay 12EUR. They wouldn't agree to that and also now telling me that the account is not cancelled and there are recurring charges, which I have to deal separately with Usenet. This is adding a lot of pressure on me personally and going on for month.

Usenet.nl — misleading subscription plans

As you can see from the screenshots of the email correspondences, I made myself clear that I do not wish to...

Usenet.nl — auto renewal to extort $

Please visit this web site and see for yourself. These people need to be stopped and we need help. Help u...

Usenet.nl — this company is a fraud service

I do not remember how i registered with them. Probably a 15 days free test, and after that, they have charged...

San Marino

Usenet.nl — don't ever submit your account details to usenet

Danger zone! Fraud website. Fully misleading. Asks to register from phone with all account details submitted...

Usenet.nlpayment for providing unrequited software was fraudulently charged against my credit card

Lured by Usenet.nl deceiving information provided on their website, I ordered for software that was supposed to help me in downloading graphic software like Photoshop and Corel draw for free. They asked me to put up my Credit Card details on their website. Information was given on the website that I would use the software for 14 days (Trial Period) and in case I did not like it, I would be able to cancel my order and they would not charge for it.
    When I saw that I was provided with a bogus and undesired software that did not server my purpose at all, I decided to uninstall the software from the drive and informed Standard Chartered Bank to stop payment for the said software. I did so because I was seriously offended with the exhibition of such fraudulent activity of Usenet.nl. I did not inform Usenet.nl directly, because I thought that the Credit Card issuing bank would surly contact Usenet.nl, giving them information about the cancellation of the order which was made from my end. But now, Standard Chartered Bank says that payment had already been transferred to Usenet.nl. this is illegal and contempt of the law of offer displayed on Usenet.nl website at the time I placed my order.
    I want Usenet.nl to immediately return the amount ($99) back to Standard chartered Bank against transaction No [protected] dared 19-10-16.

Shaswata Mukherjee

Hunterx27 Mar 05, 2017

When did you inform your bank? Did you wait until the 14 days were over before you informed them? Also that form of cancellation never works with them. You have to call and get a cancellation confirmation from usenet.nl in order to actually terminate their service.

Usenet.nl — scam

I signed up for a free trial after 14 days and after a year they sent me a email stating I own them...

Usenet.nl S.R.L. — fraudulent website

​ Be careful to use Usenet.nl. It is scam. Why? I will tell you my experience about this fraudulent website...

Usenet.nl — didn't receive any username or password, and now they're charging me and I can't end my subscription!

Well, I registered to the site today, without recieving any username or password, I gave out my VISA, and...

Usenet.nl — stealing money

I'm trying to reach usenet.nl from a week just to end up my subscription!! Its very clear that they want to...

Usenet.nl — free trial prior to subscription

I was looking for the book 'Rodney F. Moag, Malayalam, A University course and Reference Grammar', that is at...

Usenet.nlfraud of subscription, lack of response from customer team

09/12/2016
      customer id 7457551
      invoice number 9620857

I have only registered for this service's trial because I wanted to download some violin pieces. After I found out that the amount of content on the site is useless then I have decided to cancel the service. During the trial, I have called the customer service hotline multiple times and no one picked up. I desperately went to PayPal and cancelled the payment.

After a while, there is a letter sent to me about me not paying the usenet.nl for using their service. I have only applied for the trial but I didn't sign any contract. There is a letter from TESCHINKASSO chasing me for my so called owed fund. They are planning to charge me for 134.50 EUR and demanded that I should repay it before 18.12.2016. I have never used the service again after initial login and you can verify with the company on this.
      Please just cancel my membership or contract or whatever you call it. I didn't use your service and I am just a normal student.
      The company are committing fraud as the content they hold is nothing similar to what advertised to get me to even try it. They are saying that I have signed a contract during the trial period. But the reality is I have never signed anything and trial period is free! it is not a part of a contract! If usenet are telling me that I am in a contract when I start the trial, that is not the truth and against the UK law.

3 Responses
          Hunterx27 Dec 15, 2016

Don't sweat the letter, William. I guarantee they will keep pushing back the date and raising fees, but they will never take you to court. There has never been a reported court case with these people, but I want to remind you that it is still a risk to ignore them. Good luck.

• Si
          Simon in NY Dec 09, 2016

We are in same situation. My wife logged in, downloaded nothing and cancelled. They claimed email that cancellation was sent to was invalid and claimed money. Now we have a demand from Teschinkasso.

This company is ultimately owned by PEMIRA FUNDS, through Lowell GFKL - both companies that claim high ethical standards. I can only suggest we appeal to thes companies and ask why one of their subsidiaries supports this unfair taking of money from students who can't afford it.

Ethics is important in business. Usenet.nl clearly don't have them but Pemira Funds should

Hunterx27 Dec 15, 2016

@Simon in NY What was the email?

Usenet.nlusenet. nl website

I couldnt cancel my service with them after the trial ended because their site was not working and they were told about the problem repeatedly but nothing was done until they felt the need to charge me I'm guessing. Now they are expecting me to pay them an amount I cannot pay and now they are harassing me. and I never use the services at all. They're now telling me I've now canceled but I still have to pay them and the fact still remains that I can't

4 Responses
            Hunterx27 Dec 09, 2016

They won't stop harassing you, but they also will never take you to court. My suggestion would be to save up, and pay when you can. They did the same thing to me. They are terribly incompetent people.

• Si
            Simon in NY Dec 09, 2016

@Hunterx27 Why should you pay to these people. If people do that they will never stop. They are currently using a company called Teschinkasso to collect the debt. This is owned by Lowell GFKL, which is owned by Pemira Funds. Both claim highly ethical business. Make a noise ... and if it ever do come to court it might be a good thing and raise awareness. Otherwise they will keep scamming students who can't afford to pay.

Hunterx27 Dec 10, 2016

@Simon in NY Personally, I did not want to take the risk and not pay. I consulted a lawyer and he suggested that I do. I am fighting through the ftc to get my money back. Now, I just help people and give them advice who are going through the same thing.

Hunterx27 Dec 11, 2016

@Simon in NY Also, paying is the only way to get them to stop. And any lawyer will tell you that going to international court is 100 times more expensive ghan paying a $100 debt. It sucks and it's unfair, but all we can do is file complaints with the ftc.

Usenet.nlmusic service fraud

I cancelled my subscription with this company and all seemed ok until a couple of moths later when I got an email stating I owe 1 years subscription. I thought this was just a mistake and contacted them. They were unable to speak English and advised to call another time. This I did again and again where eventually I spoke to someone who said I had not cancelled my subscription. I said I had and anyway I was was cut off from the service on the day my last subscription ended so what am I paying for. They said I had not cancelled my subscription and just kept repeating this to which I kept repeating I had and the service was cut off. I am now receiving emails from a company in Germany who just keeps escalating the bill. I have written to the many times and they ignore my explanation and keep writing putting what they say I owe each time. Usenet is dreadful and does anything to extort money from customers. I had now resorted to stating take it legal through the courts or leave me alone. Something needs to be done about this. What do I do?

Hunterx27 Oct 18, 2016

Unfortunately, if you did not receive a cancellation confirmation email, they will say that you did not cancel. And they make it extremely hard for you to do so. I spoke to lawyer about this same issue. They had signed me up for two accounts. Anyway, my lawyer told me that it is highly unlikely that they will pursue this for anything less than $1500. But, you can ignore it at your own risk. I have severe anxiety, so I decided to pay it, but there has never been a reported court case with these guys.

Usenet.nl — unauthorized credit card charge

On 26/ 09/ 2016 I Signed up for a free 14 day trial on Usenet.nl. I cancelled it soon after as I realised I...

Usenet.nl — music service

They claimed I signed up for a trial. I did not!! They then stole $100 and claimed I ordered the service... I...

Usenet.nltextbook selling online

They offered 14 days free subscription to the service but when I tried to cancel my account their webpage never allowed me to cancel the subscription.
            I had to talk to my bank and cancel my credit card in order to avoid them stealing my money.
            Even though they assured the first 14 days were free they debited usd 1, 00 from my account before I cancelled my credit card.
            They book they promised did not exist in their database.
            Furthermore to this, they asked to install UsenetNLSetup.exe sofware which I discovered later it is mentioned as malware.

5 Responses
              • Sk
                SkyRocketing Oct 28, 2016

This is a scam that has been ongoing for years. Unfortunately I too was caught out by it. There is now a facebook group called Stop the Usenet.nl scam for anybody who wants to sort this out.

Hunterx27 Oct 03, 2016

The 1, 00 charge was just a hold on your account. Most buisnesses do this to verify the card, but it should be refunded at the end of the trial. But, they will continue to charge you. Cancel your account as soon as you can. It is not enough to just cancel your card. Don't give up on trying to contact them.

• Fr
                FranciscoGuerra Oct 02, 2016

I never got an answer from them. They did not refound any money to me so far. I think they do not want to refund the money.

Hunterx27 Oct 02, 2016

I've recently had a terrible experience with them. I need to warn you, you have to cancel your account with them and get a cancellation confirmation back. If you don't they will rack up bills and eventually send your bill to debt collectors, who will then threaten legal action. Keep trying to cancel. Call if you have to. Harrass the crap out of them, but cancel asap.

• El
                Ellani Alfonso Roldan Oct 02, 2016

Can they refund the money?

Usenet.nl — fraud

I write from Poland (so, my english may be poor, sorry). My full name Is Jakub Barankiewicz. I registrate on...

Usenext and Usenet NL — usenet providers charging for future services.

I have had similar problems with Usenet providers Usenext and Usenet NL, trying to charge a year...

London