Lowes - Perfect Flame Gas Grill / fire

1 Kingsley Ave. Orange Park, FL, United States Review updated:

We purchased a SLG 2006 B gas grill from Lowes in October of 2006. We have only used a total of two tanks of propane and with no warning after starting the grill for the first time this year April 2009 the grill catches on fire. From the looks of the fire it started from the burnes to the outside of the grill. We have see recalls for the other model but have not found a recall on this model. For the saftey of consumers this model should be included. If anyone knows of any recall please e-mail me at bwjmassage@aol.com.

We are out a grill with no rembursment of anything to purchase a new grill .

Thanks,

B Johns

Comments

• Mi
      6th of Jun, 2009

I strongly agree. This grill almost burned my house. This is a serious safety issue.

• Sh
      21st of Jul, 2009

We too purchased a Perfect Flame Grill SLG2006B from Lowes and have had the same experience. We've cleaned it to the point of looking almost new and it makes no difference. The burners and burner covers produce a "fire" and not a flame and this makes the unit useless. I agree that the unit needs to be recalled as it is a huge potential safety risk. would love to hear if anyone has seen a recall on this item as well. shemmelman@yahoo.com

• Ji
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I just got off the phone with Bar-B-Que tech. I suppose they changed their name to avoid "Perfect Flame Shame." As with the rest of you, my lifetime burners rusted out in one year of being covered and under the porch. Naturally, with my receipt, they were willing to send me the parts to rebuild the grill. Unfortunately, Lowes receipts fade out (thermal paper) and Lowes does not keep records longer than 6 mos. That all happened 3 months ago and today, they had the nerve to call and ask if I still wanted to purchase the "lifetime warranty" replacement parts.

Bottom line: The call ended with me promising that I would hurt BBQ Tech much worse than they hurt me. Fire one. Don't buy from these people unless you want a fall-apart product with customer service designed to avoid honoring their warranty. Yes lady, I cannot produce my receipt so obviously, I built this grill out of junkyard parts, all a part of my diabolical plot to cheat you out of a few crummy pot-metal burners.

• Gm
      22nd of Sep, 2009

We also purchased this grill from Lowe's. We did manage to get about 8 months of use, but not because there were no problems. It caught fire twice before I noticed the corroded burners. Like you, we have looked for recalls but there are none for this model. Lowe's and Perfect Flame should be ashamed for promoting such a dangerous product. There is no way we will ever buy another grill by this company and Lowe's is not looking very good either.