LocalNet / Abusive Business Practices

DO NOT ever do business with LocalNet.

Their practices are highly deceptive and abusive. I have never dealt with people more insulting. They need to be put out of business. We cancelled a year ago, yet tonight I recieved a phone call claiming that they had been sending me post cards notifying me that of my alleged debt (I never card a card). They also called me a debtor and said that they would refer me to a collections agency. Keep in mind that I never actually used their service and that after having signed up for less than a day, we cancelled because I learned (too late) that the business is highly suspect. There behavior is unethical and abusive. I hope that no one has to endure their condescending, hateful customer service calls.

This business should be out of business.

Gr

Comments

• Dm
      27th of Apr, 2009

how do we go about making formal complaints to regulators about local net?

• Uk
      5th of May, 2009

I cancelled my service August of 08, I just received a bill for $28.90 for Feb 9 2009 thru april 7 2009. And if the bill is not paid for by may 3rd, they are taking me to court in New York, I live in Wyoming. I called at questioned the bill, told them I was not paying and wanted it resolved. She hung up on me. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and plan on fighting this bill any way possible.

28th of Jun, 2009

BEWARE OF LOCALNET’S BILLING PRACTICES!

On January 7, 2009, I sent an e-mail to Localnet's customer care email address asking that my account be canceled. This request was made well before the account renewal date in February. On March 18th, I received a call from a Localnet customer service representative asking me if I forgot to make my yearly payment to Localnet. I informed the customer service representative that I sent an e-mail in January to cancel the accounts. She asked that I please send another e-mail to customercare@localnet.com to restate that my account be canceled. I told her I would do so if it would resolve the issue, and informed her that I did not expect to pay any late or termination fees since my first request was made months before. After our phone call, I sent the requested e-mail to the requested Localnet address. Later that day, I received yet another phone call from a Localnet customer service representative asking me if I forgot to make my yearly payment to Localnet. I explained to that customer service representative that I spoke to another customer service representative earlier about this matter, and that the issue had been resolved. She put me on hold, and then came back and apologized for the confusion. The matter was concluded, or at least I assumed so until in April when I received a threatening DEMAND LETTER from Localnet in the amount of $16.00. I called the Localnet billing department and explained the series of events. The rude ### in the billing department (named Chris) said that "they are not playing a game about this" and I had two choices - pay them the amount due immediately or they would send the bill to a collection agency.

Not wanting to have these idiots damage my credit rating, I paid the amount due the next day. It seems that I am not alone in finding Localnet's billing practices to be inaccurate, fraudulent, and misleading. Hopefully, someone will file a class action lawsuit against Localnet -- I'd join it in a heartbeat. My next step is to contact the New York Better Business Bureau.

• Ju
      13th of Jul, 2011

Today I recived a letter stating (I feel its a threat just to get money) that I owe $31 and if I dont pay they would see me in court in New York. A service I have not used and cancel last year and still being charged for something I would never go back too. I even had to change my account because they wouldn't stop taken money out my bank account. Im 21 so that hurts cause I dont keep a lot of cash in it which mean I started to owe the Bank account. Anyways, don't go to localnet; go with AoL or whoever not loclnet.

• Bi
      20th of Sep, 2012

I agree with you i requested Dsl service from them and they never provided me with Dsl services they are a rip off company and Yes i do agree with you they are complete [censored]s..You know if you paid through your banking debit card that they can send the charges back to Localnet.com ..I will get a refund cause i'm not dealing with these jerks