Light In The Box / product misrepresentation

MA, United States Review updated:

Do not purchase anything from Light in the Box. I ordered my daughter a size 2 mini dress. After paying a ridiculous amount for speedy delivery (speedy for them was 3 weeks) the dress arrived and it is a size 2 on the top and about a size 8 on the bottom. Instead of coming above her knee, it is down to her calf. Not to mention the quality is terrible and it looks nothing like the picture on the website. Everyone I showed it to could not believe it was the same dress in the online picture. I should have known better for shopping at an online site that does not allow returns. Of course the site indicates partial refunds but, they are telling me now they will not allow me to return it. I will complain to as many websites as I can warning people not to shop here. I don't even think Good Will would want this dress.

Mi

Comments

• Br
      Jan 30, 2010
    Light In The Box - service
    LIGHT IN THE BOX
    Georgia

Bought my daughter a mp-3 player on-line. Got it, has never worked. Instructions look they were written by a three year old. Computer can't even recognize the device. On the website, there is no number anywhere and no one will answer e-mails, but they took our money!!!

Oct 30, 2010
    Light In The Box - not what it seems
    light in the box
    SaintJeansurRichelieu
    Quebec
    Canada

do not buy dresses from light int the box. They are showing you a great picture but when the real dress is in your mailbox it's an other dress. Almost the same but very cheaper, you can see trough it. They don't care about customers at all. They took your money, and they wiil ship your stuff about 60days later. Their policy about returning is not 7 days, i'ts 5 days during week. So, if you did received your clothing on friday, you aonly have until tuesday to make a request to them. Because it will take one day for them, to respond to you. Don't make business with them. You will be deceive

•   Nov 08, 2010

Dear anniepapineau,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com we would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience while shopping with us.
    We are very concerned to have read your complaint. Should you have further questions concerning our return policies or if you still have an unresolved purchase, you are more than welcome to write me at [protected]@lightinthebox.com. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Once again, we are truly sorry the inconvenience.
    Thank you for your understanding.

Luisa

• Light In The Box - no customer service
    light in the box

Light in the Box has absolutely no customer service, they only give you a way to contact them by submitting a ticket and then they never respond to it. I have read many customer complaints about them since I have not gotten any help from them and what I notice is that instead of helping their customers they surf the web for complaints and then try to make them look good by answering the complaint and promising to help. If you are reading this before buying from them save yourself the aggarvation, cause once there is a problem with your order you will get no help from them.

• Un
      Mar 16, 2011

BUYER BEWARE !!! Do NOT do business with Light in the Box !!! Read and HEED all of these negative comments !!! They will NOT send the RMA form to return an item !!! WORST shopping experience EVER !!! They NEVER answer their complaint inquiries, THEN they have the NERVE to send a "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY" ! What a joke !
    SCAM company all the way !!!

Apr 16, 2011
    Light In The Box - false statements
    Light In The Box
    Hawthorne
    California
    lightinthebox.com

I purchassed a faucet from the Light In ZThe Box company over 1 month ago. Before buying the item I was on an online chat with a sales associate asking some questions. They told me that the item would fit my sink with no problem. When the item arrived the item did not fit, and I could not get a part to make it fit anywhere. I contacting the Light In The Box comapany which is extremely hard as they have no phones only sending emails. It takes a very long time to get a response and they are no help. Ihave had several associates tell me that they are going to get my refund but then I get other anseres as no. The item Ipurchassed was $135 dollars and on the DHL reciept they marked it down to $49 dollars. Which was a lie. They say they are refusing my refund and I want to press as much charges or maybe even a class action lawsuit against them!!!

•   Apr 18, 2011

Dear LINDBERGH27,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.

Please email me at [protected]@lightinthebox.com with your full order number and I will try my best to offer a suitable solution.

I look forward to your response.

Diana

• Al
      Apr 21, 2011
    Light In The Box - poor product & customer service do not buy
    United Kingdom

I ordered two made to measure evening dresses from this company on the back of all the great comments on the website. Both dresses arrived too late for the event and the postman asked for a cheque for another £70 for customs charges. The dresses were too tight even though i had provided exact measurements, one was very poorly made (puckered seams and cheap fabric) and the other had a broken zip and i got stuck in it and had to cut myself out. I put negative comments on the website and they were immediately removed, i repeated the comments again and again and they were instantly removed. The website is a scam please don't be tempted and disappointed - the site is a complete rip-off. I have attached photos too!

May 04, 2011
    Light In The Box - defective merchandise
    Light in the Box
    China
    lightinthebox.com

Beware of lightinthebox!!!
    If you dont want to get screwed by them!
    Learn from my mistake!!!
    I ordered several items from lightinthebox on jauary 26, 2017, mainly home improvements about 200 usd. Of course a the shipping took forever, when finally I received the merchandise in march, it was already too late and did not apply the 30 days warranty. They figured it out how to get rid off the crappy, defective products they sell! The shipping will take for ever and they only give you 30 days of warranty to even dispute about a defective merchandise and of course it will be denied. They will take payment immediately on line, to
    Ship or resolve anything, it is like "waiting for godot".
    They will give you the run around and you will never going to see anything resolved. They are in china and the buyers are in the otherside of the world. Eventually they will completely ignore your emails. What a fantastic customer service : they are wrong you are right but "you should be undarstanding" about the crap's not working.
    Now what I don't understand that if there is a bad, defective product wouldn't make sense to have it replaced? Afterall if a product does not work after a couple of weeks, then there is an issue with that particular product. It is defective!!!
    Not with light in the box. Apparently the don't have enough light in their heads to figure out that how powerful internet is and for the cheap crappy product they are selling eventually, they will not have any buyer left to cheat and screw.

May 04, 2011

Light in the Box is a deceipt.
    The shipment is purposely delayed because they know that the merchandise is defective so you do not have any "time frame" left to even complain about it. Not like they care. You are right, they delete all negative comments. I tried to complain several times and it was removed immediately. They are scam artist.

•   May 06, 2011

Dear Lia,

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. We very much appreciate your feedback.

Please email me at [protected]@lightinthebox.com with your full order number and we will work out a solution for you.

Diana

• La
      Jun 09, 2011
    Light In The Box - never buy from this website

Do not buys from this website. It's a China based company that sell poor quality products made in China. I bought these wedding shoes ( 2 pairs) and they both came stuffed in a small fedex box all wrinkled. The fabric was poor quality and stained. the shoes are so pointed you cannot fit into them. They make it impossible for you to return the shoes, make you take pictures of the problem and they ask for more pictures.
    never buys from this website!

• Gg
      Jun 09, 2011

Light in the Box / Should be No light in Your Box!
    Company is selling Chines Crap! The Faucet I bought lasted 5 weeks from install! LEDs worked when they felt like it & So called Ceramic control vale turned out to be Plastic! The retainer nut supposed to be brass was of so low quality it desintergrated & fell out so as not to be able to shut it off! Contacted LIB & there response is" sorry it happens to everybody some time", but No refunds or repairs!!! If ya got extra cash just send it to me & I sell ya a key to the Brookleyn Bridge!

• Ck
      Jun 23, 2011
    Light In The Box - problem with my dress and order
    Light in the Box
    Washington

I received the dress but I didn't realize the train was that long. I am travelling to Africa and I can't have the train that long due to the dirt and this is also the wrong size. The zipper also seems to have a problem with zipping. It seems to have a hard time going up. I was wondering if I could just return the dress for a full refund of my money. Please start my return process and send me an RMA code. I tried contacting customer service but no one could help me and they just told me to wait someone would contact me.

• Ck
      Jun 23, 2011

I ordered a dress in April. In May a month later, I contacted them and they said they did not receive my money and to my surprise they had withdrawn the money from my account. So then they processed the dress but whenever I'd go to track it, there was no information. So I waited. I received the dress today and it doesn't fit. The train is too long. The color is too light and the zipper has a hard time zipping. I contacted customer service to get an RMA code but they didn't help me. They just told me to wait until I'm contacted. I would like to send the dress back and just get my full refund of $177.26. I have to travel for a wedding in 2weeks and I know I won't get the exchange back in time. Please just refund my money.

• Ki
      Jul 14, 2011
    Light In The Box - returned dress not refunded
    Mrs. .Mary Ghirxi
    Malta

Way back in April I returned a dress i ordered (which fitted too big). I sent the package registered too, to make sure they received the item. However to this day (3 months after) I haven't received any acknowledgement whatsoever. A dress which shpuld have cost 100 Euros ended up costing me double. Due to having to pay, custom duties, parcel registration and parcel costs. I sent the dress to the following address:
    customer service
    Light in the Box 3f No. 5 building no. 885 ZHU Jiang RD. SUZ HOU, JS 215011 China

Dear Customers,

We want to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

We would also like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.

Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.

Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c5/a2746.html

Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.

Dear Customer,

Dec 05, 2011
    Light In The Box - cam scam scam
    New Hampshire

This company takes our payment in less than 2 minutes and then has the balls to tell me they are processing our order for more than 2 weeks, because they want to make sure it is supposedly being carefully packaged. " [protected]@#$% " . I am sorry for the language but this company down right lies and misleads people. I just cancelled my order on 12/04/2017 Got a response from light in the box saying it will take up to " "45" " DAYS to credit my VISA credit card. Last time I checked IM NOT A BANK, So why do they get to hold and use my hard earned money and I have to wait 45 DAYS FOR A REFUND!!!.
    STUPID ON ME!!! I should have did more research on this company.
    DON'T BE FOOLED BY COUSTOMER REVIEWS EITHER. IM TOLD THEIR WRITTEN BY EMPLOYEES OF LIGHT IN THE BOX. NOT ACCUAL CUSTOMERS.
    CONSUMER!!! BEWARE
    DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES WE DID!!!

•   Dec 09, 2011

Hi, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact our costumer service http://blog.lightinthebox.com/cs.html so they can resolve the problem. I will personally follow up with them and I hope we can reach a resolution shortly.
    Best Wishes,

Dec 09, 2011

Light in the box did refund our money in about 5 days. The problem. with. them is that they mislead you into thinking they have the products in stock Ans it will be shipped to you in the 2-5 days they say it will take for shipping, THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!
    They also need a phone # like companies like AMAZON, so you can call on you order and be able to talk to a real person. I will say after me being very persistent and calling their credit card processing company, I got my money back.

• Cl
      Mar 02, 2012
    Light In The Box - returns
    Georgia

Bought tablet took 22days for it to come, turned it on went dead, tried to charge it no charge. Very cheaply made also. Sent it back, 30 days later still no refund, do not buy from this company

•   Mar 08, 2012

Hi Claudia P. Kunin,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please email your order number to [protected]@lightinthebox.com for me to follow up on the refund you have requested. Thank you for your patience.

Best Wishes,
    Light In The Box

• Sl
      Mar 27, 2012
    Light In The Box - terribly made dress
    Sydney
    New South Wales
    Australia

I ordered a dress from this site for my sister's wedding and was extremely excited to receive it. However, when I did, it was about three different shades of peach (I ordered the dress in a pearl pink), it had someone elses hair sprawled through it, it had blue pen ink marks on the bottom, it had various random coloured threads stuck in between the lining of the dress and the top layer of material and it was extremely poorly constructed. I sent it back for a refund, being $240 out of pocket for the dress, only to receive a response back from the company offering to refund me $99! What is the point of such an offer I do not know but I find it disgusting! Now I am sick to my stomach and have nothing to wear to the wedding. I am trying to contact the company but am receiving no response. For a company that prides themselves on quality and customer service, I warn all other consumers, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE. The quality is very poor and they have no sense of customer service.

•   Mar 31, 2012

Hi Slsaad,

I'm sorry to hear you got the wrong color/shade for the dress you ordered and it came with some issues. That's right, it is our primary concern to give our customers the quality product and customer service. Please send me the order number to [protected]@lightinthebox.com for me to seek help for the necessary solution to the situation. Thank you for your patience.

Apr 01, 2012

Hi Lh126,

My apologies for the inconvenience. We are now working on your request for your order to be cancelled. The customer service will then contact you through am email for the necessary solution. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

L:ightInTheBox

• Np
      Apr 01, 2012

After two weeks of placing the order and have too prove that I have paid for them they delivered them 3 weeks later and when they finally arrive what a load of rubbish. Poor quality and the insert is a bit of paper and is even worse quality. We have had to order some Moe in invitations from a reputable company unlike this one I had the misfortune to deal with over the last 5 weeks. DO NOT US E THIS COMPANY. I was going to send them back for a refund but I thought better not as it took 5 weeks to get here with over 20 email to them I thought I would be asking for trouble. This is a very clever company and forgot to mention I then had to pay 9 pounds tax on the delivery. If you think u are going to save a bit of money compared to UK websites don't because the additional costs and hassle you have I would have sooner paid the extra and deal with a proper company
    PS they should a have another star, with extremely poor

Apr 03, 2012

That's all the customer service you will get is "My apologies for the inconvenience. We are now working..." This is the only response you get! This company is in China with no phone number and only emails to work with. The above response from"Angelie" is a standard form they use, they just change the name on it. You will never be satisfied if you order from this scam site. FRAUD!!!

•   Apr 04, 2012

Hi Npeabody,

My apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please send me the order number to [protected]@lightinthebox.com, for me to look into the status of your order and seek for the necessary solution to this. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Th
      Apr 14, 2012

Theresa Deo order #1204141102563843 I am extremely concerned about my order I thought it was a 5 day delivery I do need my dress soon I believe it says it won't ship till May How can I get this on time? Please respond asap [protected]@yahoo.com thank you so much

• Up
      Apr 21, 2012

Do NOT buy from Light in the Box! You will be very sorry. They have not learned about good customer service. You will not be able to make direct contact with anyone at the company. You must "Submit a ticket" and then wait for their canned response. You will get the run-around and no resolution.

Jun 07, 2012

I received a supposedly custom dress yesterday from Light in the Box that is 3 inches too small in the bust and waist. This was for my daughters wedding in 4 weeks. The dress is a mess, there is no way to make it fit. So disappointed, I can not recommend this company, and their Customer Service system is very unprofessional.

• Jm
      Jun 20, 2012
    Light In The Box - ripp off
    Belgium

I ordered some things @ light in the box. I did not receive my ordered goods, but there received my 256 € When you try to reach them (only by a internal complaint mail) there not give you any answers at all. I putt a formal complaint aginst them at the local police station, for fraude, ripp - off or at least the intention to do it.
    Do not buy anything from this chinese company. Other people told me that (when you are lucky) and you recieve your goods, that there are allways troubles at the customs, so you have to pay a fee to the customs to receive the goods at last...
    For the EU citizens : In dutch : koop geen goedren aan dit bedrijf, het betreft enkel misleiding, scam, fraude en oplichting, gewoon even googelen en je krijgt van alles te lezen
    In French : cette firme 'light in the box' n'est pas honnete.C'est un truc de scam.

•   Jun 24, 2012

Hi there,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. In the meantime, you can open a Customer Service ticket and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center, and our customer service team will help you there.

• Mr
      Jun 25, 2012
    Light In The Box - bad customer service

I ordered from Light in the box and forgot my password, or they do not let you go back in to check where your purchace is. I have been trying to talk to customer service for almost a week now. And they just keep saying we will e-mail you a new password in 24 hours. Then I will get an e-mail that will say if you don't get a password in 24 hours you can e-mail us again not to worry.

•   Jun 26, 2012

Hi there,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. We will follow up with you via email about your request. Since you already have a Customer Service ticket open, please follow the link http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center to check the progress of your request.

•   Jun 26, 2012

119 comments on this board by 'lightinthebox' and all apologies for continued piss poor service! Shop with them if you dare...