LifeTime Fitness / failure to refund money in timely manner

LifeTime Fitness Center
After joining Lifetime, I was offered a free training session with a Personal Trainer. After completion of this session, I decided to undergo their CardioPoint Test which costs over $300.00 to include the Polar watch. At the encouragement of LifeTime I consulted my physician prior to undergoing this test. My Doctor did not want me to undergo the testing due to medical problems I was having.

I immediately notified Lifetime, only to be told they had a "no refund" policy on Personal Training...no where is this in written nor was I ever told this. I then was told to talk to the person in charge, he guaranteed me a refund in 3 weeks. 3 weeks passed and I again went in and complained. Only to be told that they wanted a Dr note, which I had with me 3 weeks prior. Then I was told it would be another 3 weeks, after threatening to cancel my membership I was told it would be 7 days.

7 days have now passed and now I am being told the paperwork was "just submitted" to Corporate so it would be 5 more days...I now have been told that if I cancel my membership that even though it is the 1st of the month, they will not refund this month's dues which were just taken from my acount to the sum of $230.00 more dollars.

I have belonged to several fitness centers in the past, though Lifetime looks nice from the outside. Once you join they do not hold up to what they promise, from use of the facilities to their constant failure to follow through on their promises. They have alot of hidden rules they do not tell you about (hours for the use of the pools for families, day care hours, refund rules) and the list goes on.

A  20th of Dec, 2009 by
If you swear at them they will cancel your membership immediately and refund any prepaid activity!
N  30th of Mar, 2010 by
Life Time Fitness sucks (referring to Warrenville location).

I used to be a member for 2+ years, then moved to another place and returned for a week, so decided to use an offer from their web site for a free week membership. My fault I was honest with them that I am not based there, and my fault I just told them that if I not gonna get the free week, I can just become a member and then cancel the membership. Was suggested to buy 2 weeks for 80$, and then a higher level manager increased it to 100$.

In the end they kicked me out - I pissed off a manager and his boss (I was polite, but demanding).
The service is extremely rude - they do not want customers who might end up not joining the gym.

The fitness center is nice, lots of equipment etc, but they almost killed their reputation for me...

So... DO NOT JOIN!! They want your money and they don't care about you as a customer...
A  27th of Sep, 2010 by
Did you finally get your money back?

Life Time Fitness Logo Life Time Fitness