LifeTime Fitness / trail membership
My wife went into the Lifetime Fitness in Houston to inquire about club dues.
She stated that she did not want to join because we were a member of another club and just wanted rates. The salesman showed her the club and got her all fired up about joining and my wife was becoming convinced.
My wife told the salesman that she wanted to join but would wait until she had canceled her membership with the other club. The salesman then LIED to my wife and told her that if she signed up that day, she would not be charged anything for one month (the amount of notice we needed to give the other health club) and she would be given access to the club immediately.
She was ensured that nothing was going to be charged to her account until after the 30 day trial membership. Too good to be true... absolutely.
They had charged her credit card immediately. When we discovered this we very upset because the salesman misled my wife.
We went back the next day and canceled our membership and demanded a refund. The manager assured us that their salespeople do not purposely mislead people and that the refund would be posted to her account in a handful (which traditionally represents a small amount) of days.
Well, it has been over a month and we called the corporate office. They have a record of our cancellation but know nothing of our refund. We called and left a message at our local Lifetime Fitness but can't get a hold of anyone who can grant us a refund.
DO NOT JOIN THIS CLUB before finding out everything you can about the conditions of membership. And expect the cancellation process, whenever that may be, to be lengthy and costly.
More LifeTime Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LifeTime Fitness - stay away from lifetime fitness! 
- LifeTime Fitness - 30 day bogus cancellation policy 
- LifeTime Fitness - lack of supervision! 
- LifeTime Fitness - gay activity in locker not being dealt with 
- LifeTime Fitness - love working there, but upset too 
- Life Time Fitness - worst interview of my life 
- Life Time Fitness - promoting the brand
- LifeTime Fitness - racism 
- Life Time Fitness - bad customer service 
- LifeTime Fitness - corporate climate/toxic environment