Liberty Tax / screwed up... didnt file returns

Liberty tax didnt file my returns. I went in person to their office and submitted all documents in early march. They promptly encashed the fees and lied to me that they had filed my returns. When I called them the end of march, they told me they are yet to file it and will file in few days. Its now the end of april and they have not yet filed it

Comments

• Ji
      15th of May, 2009

Liberty Tax made several mistakes on our 2008 tax returns. We got a statement from the IRS a few months ago claiming we owed upwards of $10k (including penalties).

Turns out Liberty personnel made several blanant errors:
    - omitted a capitol gains statement (what kind of QC do they have in their business??)
    - stated we relocated to another state (?wtf?)

Either way, 3 months later, we still have not gotten corrected tax return from them. They do not call, we have to call- (excuses have been 'slow computer', 'no response from parent office' to name a few). They are only open 1 day a week now, post 4/15, so if there is an issue within their business it takes weekly implements to get resolved.

Unbelievable. Unless you have the most simplest tax return, stay the h*() away.

• Wi
      12th of Oct, 2009

That seems like a very odd situation you're describing. If they set up your return to be filed electronically the system would send it out automatically without any extra effort on their part. If they were still holding onto my return that much later I would get a refund from them (they have a satisfaction guarantee and have to refund you if you are not satisfied) and still have them file it. If I were you I would still go get a refund for the filing delay.

• Co
      27th of Oct, 2009

Their corporate office can be reached at 1-800-790-3863

• Na
      25th of Jan, 2010

I have all there Cort. Office Email adresses from John Hewit to the mail personal !

• Dl
      20th of Apr, 2010

Liberty tax is a bunch of bull**** they filed me in the wrong status they filed me as head of household when i should have been married filing joint Now i am being audited and there girl is the one who did it wrong and told me i was going in the right direction i will never use their serviceds again [censored] LIBERTY TAX AT AT MAIN ST ANDERSON SC AND THE 28 BYPASS OFFICE U ARE ALL THE MOST RETARTED PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET AND I WILL DIE TRYING TO GET IT TO THE POINT WHERE U WILL NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO DO IT AGAIN