LG Washer and Dryer / outright deception

1 Grapevine, TX, United States Review updated:

I bought a LG washer and dryer set the day after Thanksgiving. They were supposed to deliver December 28, 2009. Two days before I get a call from the delivery personnel stating that the store in Grapevine did not send them the dryer and he only had the washer.

I called up Best Buy to speak with their manager about the situation. They said they would look into it. Later that day I drop by to speak with the manager personally. He said they were sold out. The best they could do was give me another dryer. I told him that was unacceptable. The other dryer did not match. The point of buying a matching set was to get a MATCHING set.

The manager revealed that they had oversold the LG units and they had known this for sometime. They had known this and not told me. If they had I could have looked for another deal during the Christmas holiday.

Best Buy purposely withheld this information to force my hand. When I told the manager that, he told me I was lucky that Best Buy was selling the LG units at such a good price and that they were doing me a favor doing so.

Fuming I left. I came back on weekday to speak with another manager. And he admitted that they had oversold. And the best they could do was give me a mismatch dryer or I could swap out to another set. When I pointed out that the swap set was way inferior they finally admitted to that effect.

I told them what I thought of their customer service and outright dishonest methods and took my money back. I was not going to let them take advantage of me.

Boycott Best Buy! They knowingly oversale and will not tell you. Trying to force your hand.

Comments

• Lu
      10th of Feb, 2010

I've had a similar experience with BB. I refuse to buy anything from them. I "use" them on occasion when I want to look and sample (like mp3 player recently) then purposely leave and buy elsewhere even if it cost me a few more bucks. "Best" is taking advantage of their unique market postion of being the only big-box electronics store in many cities now that Circuit City and Tweeter have gone down the crapper.

• Ri
      14th of Mar, 2010

WOW!!! A similar situation with my husband and I. I have had bad experiences with BEST BUY in the past and swore I would never buy big ticket items from them again... But alas, we bought a house that did not have a washer/dryer November 20th. We had company coming for Christmas/New Years... sort of needed a W/D. Well, Home Depot was HONEST with us and told us they were out of stock and wouldn't be deliverable until Jan 14th. So we decided to just check at Best Buy to see if they had some in stock and could get to us sooner. They said yes (but wouldn't honor the discounts Home Depot agreed to honor - competitor pricing, coupons...) and that they could deliver by DEC 14TH!!! So of course we bought and financed through them. Well, ha, wouldn't you know, we got the first billing statement before we even received the merchandise! We did get the washer finally, which the delivery personnel couldn't hook up because they never saw our type of step up before (no wash basin, simply dedicated plumbing) and then when they delivered the dryer several weeks later they didn't install that either. They were supposed to install and make sure everything was all set for us. My husband ended up doing that part. So, now, not only have I sworn off of BESTBUY once again, my husband now also will never buy a big ticket item from them again. They are horrible!!! FYI - my other bad experience with them was computer related... so its not just appliances!