LG Refrigerator / anyone who bought an lg refrigerator has run into this problem

1 Canada Review updated:

Last September, I thought I was buying the most expensive appliance in my lifetime and that I would love it. Sorry to say, that was not a reality. The freezer which is supposed to be frost-free has not been working as a frost-free. I had made calls to the dealer TOM'S APPLIANCE, Grand Ave., Chatham, Ontario and in March one of their employees came and took a look at the problem. He said he will tell the owner of the shop and the repairman, and then he left. One month later still heard nothing from them so I called the store and left a message with the owner's wife. She said she would speak with Mike who had come and seen the problem. Three or four days later, still had not heard from anyone. I stopped by the store and spoke with the owner's wife, personally, and she told me she had left Mike a note, which she showed me, and it had a note on it that they were going to do something about it the next day. Eventually, Paul, a serviceman, came and supposedly adjusted some hose and said that that might fix it. He chopped away at the ice in and around the bottom and helped me clean all the broken ice. Two months later I call them again to let them know that the problem is not solved. This is now July and I don't know what to do. I am wondering if I should ask them to replace the refrigerator as I obviously got a lemon, but I just can't make lemonade with it.

I am wondering if anyone who bought an LG Refrigerator has run into this problem. I know of someone who had bought another brand and had a similar problem with a brand new item. They did change the thermostat for them and it was fixed.

The dealer told me they had never heard of my problem before, so they don't know how to repair it. I can't even open the ice cube drawer because of the ice forming around it. It's frustrating on a hot day when I can't get an ice cube from my fridge freezer. An item I paid over $1,600.00 for.

• Jtmm1960's Response, May 09, 2017

12 days not 112 wont let me edit it sry

• utsuk dutta's Response, Sep 18, 2017

my LG ac is not cooling properly and desktop monitor is not responding .I need the service of an LG authorize personnel at home.

• Aspk han's Response, Mar 14, 2018

Sir my lg g3 cat6 doesn't support 4g network .pllease help me about it.it is "kitkat"version

• Gopal Chakravorty's Response, Apr 15, 2018

LG AC not working since 1 Year No cooling, the trust has been broken .

After the company free service this problem has arrise

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ra
      31st of Jan, 2019

The problem started since two month ago my refrigerator New LG inveter linear compressor stopped working so i called the customer service in Egypt, they said that they'll call me and send me some one to check for maintenance I mean, so that person came and said that he'll try to solve the problem and call us again but since then I've been calling but nothing happened they sent the same person again he said that the refrigerator must be changed as the spare parts of this refrigerator isn't available so we will change for you the refrigerator as it's still in the warranty period and since then no one called or came, at first when I bought this LG Brand is a well known one I thought that I'm buying a good one according to reputation for years so I thought of sending LG corporation in South Korea as this is my last hope before going back to them here in Egypt n returning it back and take my money or sharing on social media this incident as I've been for 2 month or more without placing food in a refrigerator n this isn't acceptable at all so plz if you can contact or help me by calling them and reply me back through my e_mail 01022640000 [protected]@hotmail.com)

19th of Nov, 2018
    LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd - I am having problem in washing motor.
    kharghar

model no- WP-9246
    it's not working since day before yesterday,
    but dryer is running properly.

• Ya
      11th of Nov, 2018
    LG Electronics - Refrigerator
    Loves Park
    Illinois

We purchased lg suite 9/6/18 we do have a crack in panel on bottom of fridge. Since it's a cosmetic/ appearance problem our expensive warranty won't cover it, we are very upset and want this complaint to be forwarded to corporate or I will go to attorney general for our warranty. And I will go to BBB as well .
    Thanks
    Tammy Yattone
    815-494-0674

• Hi
      6th of Nov, 2018
    LG - wrong commitment and delay in installation
    Noida
    lg.com

Hi have purchased the lg split ac,
    From 2 days the installer is changing the date of installation as per his convenience.
    He is filling that I have asked to install it after 2 days .
    I cant understand what ull do with ac packed in cartoon for 2 days .
    Its heartly disappointed that world renowned name has such worst service standards

• Ah
      5th of Nov, 2018
    LG - lg mobile v10

I give my mobile for service 10days back still now there is no response in that service center and also i give service for 3 times with in one year.

I need for replace my mobile

• Da
      1st of Nov, 2018
    LG - front load washing machine

Dear Sir
    I have logged complaint regarding washing machine door lock broken (complaint number RNP170520035058)date 19-05-17 at 10:00am, but no body come to attend the complaint, even no body contact me through any call/message & customer care executive's did not respond good.kindly help me to resolve the same
    Thanks
    Danesh Sharma

• Jt
      31st of Oct, 2018
    LG Appliances - lg dishwasher
    Ft Mill,SC.

Paid over 800 for an LG dishwasher, already broke, after 6 weeks, 2017 brand new, I've been without washer for 112 days, LG only autherises one repair company for entire state of SC. 4 tech's to come 7 mill people, very unhappy, I had a Whirlppol 300 dollar dishwasher, never broke in 7 yrs, figured I'd upgrade to LG, stupid move

• Jh
      28th of Oct, 2018
    LG - air conditioner
    hyderba
    India

we are not authorised service centre...we are private service centre...before taking any complaints our telecaller told everyone that we are private service centre... anonymous 8891 (Nabeel) is just blaming us coz he is one of our competitor...

• Ru
      27th of Oct, 2018
    LG - mobile
    India

hi i purchase the mobile of ur company before a month mobile is not working and there is no response for your service center so poor...

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    LG - dishwasher

I purchased this dishwasher on October 31st 2016. I never ran a loaded dishes through it before I had a repairman put a brand new motor in it period since the repairman has put an another motor in it and it's been to my home a total of 5 times to repair it and it still leaks. I want a replacement how can I do that?

22nd of Oct, 2018
    LG - lg v20
    Tucson
    Arizona

My name is Chris hill and i have a lg v20. This is my first lg phone and sorry to say my last. It is the worst phone i have ever had. Also lacking in features for its $700 price. Not vary user friendly and flat out cheaply made. I could go on and on so if you would like more feedback email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ju
    LG - lg phone

LG team can u make a update that brings back the old emojis bc these new emojis in the new software update suck and they are horrible

• Mo
    LG - split room air conditioner (model # sv246tq
    islamabad
    Pakistan

03-07-2017
    HAMAYUN KHAN
    input card problem in our product
    request for repair

• Ta
    LG Electronics - Washing machine maintenance too delay service
    Saudi Arabia

Dear Lg team,

Please I request today maintenance in Saudi Arabia to repair my washing machine model no.t6115cdpt0
    And they gave me request no.1810160016 but informed me technician will visit me after 1 week !!!
    Is it logic any home wait without washing machine or ac for week ?
    I need your help to solve this issue ASAP

• Su
    LG - about smartphone lg g3 855
    Nashik.maharashtra
    India

My mobile is misbehaving. And get hanged time to time. Then what could i do ?

So any solution for this?

• Pa
      21st of Oct, 2018
    LG Electronics - AC service.
    Mumbai
    India

I have bought LG split AC in the month of Feb 2018 till today no one has called for free service. It's very strange what a pathetic after sales service. I am Surley going to take this on social media and will advise not buy LG product.

My name is Pankaj Chachra and mobile o is 9313109342

• Ol
      15th of Oct, 2018
    LG Electronics - mobile/ my phone giving a screen problem
    saki oyo state
    Nigeria

I was just charging my LG g7 thinq and its just started developing. Screen problem please I nees assistance in this thanks am looking to hear from you

• Ro
      15th of Oct, 2018
    LG Electronics India - lg refrigerator
    India

Rnp 170731070789 . This is my complain number which was done 20 days ago. Since the parts are not available i am supposed to get a repalcement. The services are not prompt. So kindly do the needful as soon as possible.

14th of Oct, 2018
    LG Electronics - washing machine Inverter Direct Drive
    unknown

I HATE MY WASHING MACHINE. It is terrible. It cannot get through a cycle without numerous stops because the balance is off. I will NEVER buy another LG product.
    Jorin Rubin

• 57
      19th of Sep, 2018
    LG - head phoned
    Huntsville
    Alabama

I purchased headphones from T Mobil, made by lg that were very expensive.
    T Mobil gave me the number to lg.
    Lg refused to replace them.
    Do not purchase from lg
    They do not stand by their products