LG Canada / warranty service

1 Powell River, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I purchased an LG dishwasher with a 2 year warranty. After 1 year the dishwasher stopped working. I've been waiting for a part to fix the dishwasher for 6 months now. I have called LG several times regarding this issue. They have done NOTHING!!! I have registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
DO NOT BUY LG APPLIANCES they do not full fill their warranty agreements!!!

Comments

• He
      14th of Apr, 2007
    LG - Mobile hangs, LG KG110
    India

I bought lg kg110 mobile from neha communication.with airtel scheme. But after 7 days that mobile hanged. The reason of hang is unknown.

• Ka
      28th of Oct, 2007
    LG Electronics India Ltd - Defective TV
    India

Music system model no. DA - 3530A nto working, the system does not read CDs. Any CD when put in the tray, it shows "DVD ERROR".

• Ge
      22nd of Nov, 2007
    LG Electronics - No demonstration for the microwave purchased
    LG Electronics
    www.lgindia.com

I purchased a 26 ltrs Microwave oven from the vivek showroom end Oct'07. I was told that someone would visit my place to give a live demonstration of the product.

I had left clear instructions that since i am a working woman, it would be better if the demo is conducted anytime on saturday or on weekdays after 7 pm. Everybody whole heartedly agreed to this.

However, till date no one has come home for demonstration. I have again complained twice and each time i was given a fresh complaint number and one service guy called me and i again repeated my instructions and again no one has turned up.

I want to dump the product back on them and get a refund.

My latest complaint id is S7CB0901162.

Geeta

• Mi
      14th of Feb, 2008
    LG 7.2kg automatic washing machine - Very bad service
    LG (Geedee Electronics)
    South Africa

My washing machine had malfunctioned. It is still under guarantee. I contacted the service provider for LG electronics, namely Geedee Electronics. I was requested to fax my proof of payment through to them, which i did on the 5/2/2008. We arranged for the machine to be checked at my home on 8/2/2008. They came and collected my machine, and told my domestic they would bring it back by lunch time. When I arrived home that late afternoon, the machine was still not back. I tried to contact Geedee electronics, but could not get through to them telephonically. Nobody from this company contacted me to explain the problem with the machine after they had taken it away.
    On Monday, 11/2/2008, I contacted them to find out what was happening. I was told that they were busy working out a quote to repair the machine. I explained that it was still under guarantee and that I had faxed the documents through to them on the 5/2/2008. They had no knowledge of this fax after they had acknowledged receiving it on the 5/2/2008. I re-faxed the documents on the 11/2/2008. I was told that they would be ordering the part for the machine on 11/2/2008, and it would be there within 2 days. On 13/2/2008, I contacted them again, and I was told by a lady by the name of Melissa that she would go and check with the techinician and see how far he was with the machine, and call me back within a few minutes. After about 2 hrs, I phoned again. Melissa was on lunch, so the receptionist told me that she would go and check for me, and will call me back within a few minutes. After about an hour, I called them again, and spoke to Melissa. She promised to phone me back within a few minutes as well after she went to check with the technician. Once again I had to phone back, as she also did not call me back as promised. I was then told that the technician was out so she could not give me an answer. My husband then called them and left a message for the technician to call him back. By 16.45pm we still had no calls back, so I went up to their premises to investigate and try and find some answers. The techinician was there and he told me they were waiting for the part. I explained to him that I had been without a machine working since 5/2/2008, and needed it sorted out urgently. He told me that he would take the part required from another machine and put it into my machine so that I could have it back by 14/2/2008. I explained to him that I needed him to give me a time when he would deliver the machine as there would be nobody at home and I would need to leave work and go and open up for them. He promised to phone me as soon as possible on 14/2/2008 and make the necessary arrangements with me. He has not done so as yet.
    This is extremely poor service and LG need to look at changing their service provider in Port Elizabeth as they are giving LG a very poor name. I own several LG products, but after this experience, I do not think I will purchase another LG product.

• Wi
      26th of Oct, 2008

DO NOT BUY LG. I am glad to see I am not the only one with problems with LG Products. We purchased an LG 42LG30 TV & 36 days after we purchased we started having problems. They sent out a service Tech to repair. He made probably 9 trips out to replace parts & nothing worked. Finally after 4 months of being patient, I started to call LG directly requesting a new TV. I get thru to customer service & guy tells me that he approved new TV & in 7-10 working days we would receive new TV delivered to us. After waiting for 12 working days nothing showed up so I called again. Another Customer Service Rep tells me there is nothing showing on the system for new TV. Finally go to a manager & he tells me he has approved & I need to wait for 24-48 hrs & store we bought tv from would contact us. Wait for 5 more days & nothing. Call again & manager says another 24-48 hours & again nothing & now he doesnt return calls. Finally get an answer & after 5 months we finally get a new TV. Thank goodness that store gives you credit & we did not have to replace with an LG. This actually could have been a good thing since we had looked @ purchasing new LG Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher & Fridge & you can be sure we will be purchasing a different brand. I have never seen a company so unorganized in dealing with a warranty.

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2008

I purchased an LG washer model WM2007CW and dryer model # DLE 3777W on Oct 01 2006, my first service call was on Oct 25th 2006, they changed the rollers on Nov 13th 2006, they went thump thump on each revolution. The day after the repairman left the problem was back.
    The LG service Mgr called me to tell me to wait 3-4 month it was a design problem in the rollers and they would have a new material to fix it. On March 3 2007 the repairman replaced the rollers, again same problem. The third service call Sept 4th 2007 the service man showed up on april 17 2008 and said there was nothing he could do the company would get back to me .
    On Oct 6 2008, I sent by fax all service documents as requested to LG service dept, I was told they would rplace the dryer the request would be sent to the exchange dept.
    A week later I was told the dealer would contact me for the exchange within 7 days. Called them again on Oct 27th was told to call later that day. Called on Oct 28th to be told they would send me a Repairman from RMA. On on my way to the retailer to see what they can do.
    This is the last item I buy from LG they are unreliable when it comes to service. I've had to stay home for 5 day waiting for service personnel to show up for assessments then attempts at repair. Don't buy LG if you want life to be good

• Je
      15th of Nov, 2008

I wish i never bought the LG shine cellular phone.
    i had it for two weeks, and it got broken.
    so i sent it in. it has also been about four months,
    and still haven't heard a single word on it.

• Se
      16th of Nov, 2008

I am a service contractor for LG and find them to be one of the best companies to deal with. LG is noted for it's making it right.
    SUSPECT your servicer didnt know what he is doing. Probably a bump or break at the welded seam on the drum. New drum and 2 rollers would have fixed it.
    I LIKE LGE.
    My LG Servicer Manager is in BC and TOPS on the list of taking care of customer and servicers.

• De
      5th of Jul, 2018

@servicer You like LGE because LGE has no respect for customers and that gives you open passport to rip customers. I shipped my warranty cell phone model X Power 2 with glass screen damage to FutureTel, Markham, an authorised servicer like you and they shot back an estimate of $209 claiming product was out of warranty. The product was purchased less than a year back and was under warranty. This clearly indicates that LG is cheating customers and so are their ASCs.

• Bo
      11th of Aug, 2018

@servicer As a serviceman you should know how bad are LG appliances build. Design problems everywhere. Safety issues neglected. Company lies to the customers. Shame on LG.

• Ke
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I had bought the Lg Rumor phonee and after a few months it stop working. With my lifetime warenty i was toldd it took 3 weeks when u send it in and for it to come back. 3 weeks came and still no phone. i call my company virgin mobile and they say that they cant do nothing about it and i should call LG Cananda which i could never get through. I call back virgin they tell mee it may take up to 4 weeks. its been 5 weeks and i still have no idea where my phone is. there is no contact number for me to call, because none of them workk

• Pj
      17th of Dec, 2008
    LG Electronics - cell phone - Bad reliability & customer service

My son's LG Fusic cell phone has broken 3 times within one year. Reliability is
    terrible. Every time he has to send it in he loses all his contacts, etc. Huge
    inconvenience. The last time we got it back, it broke within a week. Customer
    service refused to fix it, claiming it was not under warranty due to main board
    damage. I don't know why that's the case, all I know is it's broken 3 times
    in the last year, and they refuse to stand behind their product. They are a
    terrible company to do business
    with.

• Cl
      11th of Jan, 2009
    LG - Faulty goods
    currys
    Preston, England, Lancashire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01772 724040

Having purchased a lg tv in the boxing day sales we have had nothing but problems with the tv, the sound on the tv keeps going off, I have contacted the store and took the tv in to the store to be told that i have to prove that there was a fault with the tv, So i took my family {all young children) along to the store to be told that i will have to leave my tv with them, Leaving me with no tv until they could find a fault, I refused this option and said i would wait to see if the fault occured while i was in store, Surprise surprise it didn`t happen after one hour waiting around with my young family the chap on the desk asked me what i wanted to do as the store was closing. I said i wasn`t leaving until this matter was sorted, He gave me two options, Option1 leave the tv for them to HAVE a look in the morning or option 2 bring the tv back in the morning and go through the same process again.None of these were an option in my eyes. So i said i would contact trading standards in the morning then they offered me a replacement tv for the evening, while they sorted my tv out (NOT).One day later i was told to return the old tv and pick my tv up as they could not find a fault (By watching it in store).Two days later i am still stuck with a faulty tv . I was willing to go in store and upgrade to a bigger tv at my own cost as the tv i had was sold out. the tv purchased was a lg32 7000 bought for £350 in the boxing day sales at deepdale in preston lancs.Gone are the days that customer is always right.

• Mm
      16th of Mar, 2009

I have purchased a Home Theather and it had broken down. Spoke to LG Canada and nobody was able to help me out. I have decided to write them a complaint just can not find an e mail address to send it to, dose anybody here knows an Canadian LG customer complaints E-mail address. Thank you

22nd of Apr, 2009
    LG Wholesale - Defective Scooter
    Lg Wholesale
    Illinois

I purchased a scooter as Christmas present for my daughter. When she tried to ride it on Christmas day a bad smell was coming from the fuse area and it melted the plastic. I call for about 10 days and they finally sent me some parts. Still could not get the scooter to work, finally in February I was sent a new scooter, guess what that one doesn't work either. We replaced the trottle that was sent to us, still not working. I have contacted them probably 20 times finally was told they do not do refunds. They wanted me to talk to people in service and parts, which I have done. Now keep in mind I am a widow and have no mechanical experience, so I have to rely on friends to help. I cannot ask for any more help on this. 4 months later and the Christmas present is not useable. How sad is that.

• Ri
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    LG/Side-by-side fridge - Defective model
    LG Electronics
    India

I purchased an LG Side-by-Side refrigerator on June 11, 2009 for Rs 102000 (approx US$ 2080). Till date the fridge has not made more than 4 cubes of ice per day. Company engineers have visted over 3/4 times to rectify the problem but have been unsuccessful. I have not received a call from the company even once to enquire about their malfunctioning/defective product that they sold me at full price. Nor is any discussion regarding a replacement entertained. So much for company values!!
    So at this moment I have a fridge that cools and freezes - qualities I would have found at 2o% of the price!! LG's customer relations leave little to the imagination and I'm sorry I became one.
    I will give them one more week before taking up the issue with the local Consumer Courts.

• Er
      18th of Aug, 2009

Toronto Canada, LG, 52 inch flat screen LCD

Product 562LG70 - UA.ACCsL

LG Service History:

Mid May, 2009 - screen turned black, Aab Electronics technician #1 determined needs repairs

Mid May, 2009 - Aab Electronics technicians pick up television and hold for 2 weeks.

Resolution Date: 06/11/2009 - main PCB replaced and returned to house

06/12/2009 - Picture is still not clear?
    06/20/2009 Visited House: Aab Electronics technician #1 confirmed that the picture was not clear

Resolution Date: 07/17/2009 - main PCB replaced by Aab Electronics #2

Visited House: Aab Electronics technician #2 confirmed that everything was alright
    Visited House: Another Aab Electronics technician #1 confirmed that the picture was not clear when playing an HD movie.

07/27/2009 Talked to Alex P. from LG support, promised a new television if electronics store cannot fix TV.

Resolution Date: 08/12/2009 - Aab Electronics technician #2 confirms that picture is not clear on HD and regular DVD.

08/14/2009 Aab Electronics, LG service representative admits they cannot fix the TV.

08/18/2009 Raising a complaint with LG, enough is enough, how much more incompetence does the average consumer have to take???

Status: sill pending, at a minimum I need a new TV, why is LG dropping the ball so many times. Service is unbelievable?

Eric (North York)

• Dr
      20th of Aug, 2009

We purchased an LG plasma TV 15 months ago and it just quit. One expects better! To add insult to injury, the store told us to phone LG who told us to wait; they would review our case; and they might supply parts. We live 100k from nearest centre and waited as instructed with no TV and now have to make a special trip with no compensation. No one returned our calls and service attitude was "tough s#@&" This is our first and last LG appliance. Life with them is not good>

• Lg
      22nd of Aug, 2009

We purchased an LG Stainless Steel dishwasher in March 2009. 3months after the purchase we notice blue spots on the Stainless door. In mid June I arrange a service call at which point the service advisor informs me that I must have spilled something acidic on the door. I have owned LG Stainless appliances for the past 5 years and have never had an issue so I'm not buying the " spilling something acidic " theory!! I follow up with LG a few days later and I am told that the door will be replaced.

It's now August 22nd - After approximately 8 phone calls ( 2 -3 hrs in total ) I am still getting the same answer from LG's service department - We have sent the repair authorization to the service center several times and will do so again! I request to be copied on the authorization email and apparently it's classified information that I can't have. Since LG is continually blaming the service center I ask to have a different repair center handle the repair - the LG serverice rep I have continually ignores that request!!! Finally I ask the LG service rep for the contact information of the individual who oversees the LG service department - After the LG rep continually side steps the request he finally says I can't provide you with the contact info you want... upper management does not speak to the general public! Yet again I am assured that Monday morning the issue will be addressed and taken care of...wait a minute... I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago by a different LG rep!!! I guess we will see what Monday brings!!!

I guess life is good when you can take money from people and then leave them high and dry when your product fails!!!

If anyone has any ideas on how to handle this issue I would greatly appreciate it!!!

27th of Aug, 2009
    LG - not giving service properly
    LG
    India

i have brought a 32 inchs LG television 16/8/09 back, And i was told that u will be given a demo from the company.no one turned up, so, i called the call center plenty of times but they are telling me when we be free we will send some one .. and they have offered DTH and DVD player, but till now no DTH is provided .. they have also deposited /Rs 100 for subsription and the behaviour of local dealer is very roude. dealer is V.S. Enterprises Bhagat Singh Road Muzaffarnagar

Sandeep Agarwal
    912/6 South Civil LINES MUZAFFARNAGAR
    UP -251002 ph. 9319409057, 0131-2620432

27th of Aug, 2009

Hi there, my nightmare with LG Canada is on my 32 inch plasma. I was off 1 week in my manufacturing warranty, they were kind enough to replace the part, told me I was to pay labor and when I called them again they advised that I DO NOT have to pay labor (yay). I waited 2 weeks, get a call from AAB electronic, my TV is fixed but I have to pay labor. Called LG, and what do u know ...they do not have any record in the system that they confirmed with me that labor is covered. I use to do AR Collections 15 years ago and one lesson I learnt is document everything..

After getting two of the stupidest people possible, I resorted to yelling my lungs out at them who finally transfered me to their supervisior. He has been researching this for two days now I ensured that every agent I spoke with to confirm that our calls were recorded and now LG is going back to those calls to see if their agent confirmed...

I thought LG as good, they are horrible and as an immigrant who worked his butt off, I speak excellent English. I think LG should hire people who have a good command of English as I do not understand what they say. I also believe they should get a professional agency to handle customer calls as they have no training.

• Li
      13th of Sep, 2009

I totally agree with you guys. I bought LG fridge several months ago, it is defective, it took them forever to send me the replacement unit. I am not going to buy anything from LG. It is the worst company I have ever dealt with.