Letgo / customer service/user scam alert

1 United States

I collect antique cars, so I am always browsing for ones to rebuild and/or parts! While browsing I came across a user (Lamont Carney) who I had dealings with before who is a fraud and scam artist.

He presents himself as a car dealer when really he just buys junk from the auction and then tries to sell to unsuspecting consumers. In fact, one of his listings actually belongs to another owner because I actually looked at this vehicle a few weeks prior after seeing it listed on another site. When this particular user lists items, I can assure you that it is never in the condition as listed. As I said, I have crossed paths with this user before.

And to add insult to injury, when you pass on this user's items, he is pushy, rude, and beligerent!!! I presented all of this to Letgo, and after several days they finally responded that the user and his items from the pictures listed appear to be legit and that he is following all of the community guidelines! You have got to be kidding me! How can you sell a car that is not yours, and the owner backed up my statement with proof that the car is not that of the user?

Letgo is just an enabler for scams and fraud.

I did my part, and I just hope that other consumers beware of the shenanigans of this horrible app! It is all one big scam and they administrators are not interested in protecting you!

Sj