Leon's Furniture / dishwasher damage

1 Vulcan, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

My husband and I purchased a new Fridgedaire Diswasher from Leon's in Lethbridge Alberta on April 4, 2009, and as we live out in the country we had to pick it up ourselves as no delivery out this way. We brought it home opened the box and noticed that the door panel was damaged. I immediately called Leon's to tell them this was damaged and they replyed well we can get you a new one, but you have to come back (a drive of 50 minutes) to get the new one, but in the meantime please go ahead and use the old one. My husband proceeded to install the dishwasher to us finding out that it needed to be hardwired due to our house being over 100 years old, after 6 hours of fighting to install the dishwasher we finally got it installed. I called Leon's back and asked them if they could just order the front panel (which comes off as you can change it out) as the process of installing this again was a pain. The very young sales person said Oh I think we can. After many calls to the sales person and his manager, and after a few weeks they finally told me they ordered a panel (finally).

Well... last month I get a call from a young lady who apparently thinks this is funny, tells me oh we recieved your panel but its damaged again, can I get you a new dishwasher. My frustration was getting higher and higher and for the 20 something time I explained the process of installing this ^%$#$@#^% dishwasher and all I want is a panel (how hard could this be? and it saves them money). Her reply was "um, so you want me to keep tryign to get a panel in?" Um, yes I do I replied to her.

I have tried contacting them... but to get them to answer the phone is impossible and you can not tell me they are busy - as everytime I go to Lethbridge there are absolutly no vehicles parked at the store. This is very frustrating and my temper is rising each time I have to talk to one of these dimwhits about this panel. Now I have nothing againset young people getting their start and learning. But please give me a Manager or supervisor that is over the age of 40 that would understand customer service.

In my opinion they lost a customer and anyone that asks me about them or wants to buy furniture/appliances. This could not really be this hard can it - maybe their shipping department needs to stop being ^%$#$# and handle the furniture and appliances with the care we customers pay for.

Lisa

Ld

Comments

• Be
      18th of Jan, 2015

Lisa, I am having almost the same experience. I purchased a dishwasher almost 2 months ago from the Trenton Ontario store. It arrived with a damaged door. We did not accept it. Three weeks later, a dishwasher arrived which looked okay, other than having water inside it. It also took my husband at least 6 hours to install it. We ran it through the one hour cycle only to discover it s incapable of draining. There is no water in the drainage lines so we think the pump could be damaged. We did not install it the day it arrived so did not complain within the allowed 3 day window. We did call as soon as we knew it was damaged, a Saturday, but were told there is no staff on hand to receive complaints until Monday. We are hoping Leon's will take this machine back but are worried they will just tell us to deal with Whirlpool. The Whirlpool warranty is for one year as of the date of purchase, not the date of possession, which also worries us since almost 2 months of this have come and gone.