Leon's Furniture / buyer beware with leons!

1 Canada Review updated:

I will never again purchase from the Darmtouth store of Leons. I bought a washer/dryer and pedstals. The washer wasn't working properly from day one. I called the idiot sales rep who said that they don't take back washers, I had to go directly to Whirpool to have it repaired! IMAGINE, not even one day of having it working and I, the VALUED customer had to get repair service! It still isn't working properly and they wont take it back. I am lodging a complaint with consumer affairs on the issue. Doesn't seem fair to me that a new appliance cannot be returned and of course, Leons DOES NOT STATE THAT ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Trust me, they are so BUYER BEWARE.

The pedestals arrived a week late and the delivery chaps wouldn't install them. Said that the sales rep should have informed me of this during the purchase, which he did not. Imagine having to lift a 150lb washer to install pedstals? How does Leons expect a single mother to accomplish that?

BUYER BEWARE WITH LEONS! What a scam they are running.

Comments

• Di
      18th of Feb, 2010

my son bought a diningroom table and chairs set and a few other pieces of furniture.He got a great price, the best we could find. That's nearly two years ago. We are very happy with our purchages. We have nothing to complain about. It was great quality at a great price. We will only shop at Leons in the future

• Um
      19th of Jun, 2010

I bought only one brand to match all my appliances, the price match is no true, Leon's got them $90 more than the competition. The manager told me to bring him proof with serial number, price, model etc on a Trail Appliances paper, The price I didn't care, what upsets me is that they tried to rip me off. After purchasing new appliances set to deliver 3 days after, received the stove, washer and dryer. No fridge, they run out! the salesman call me telling me that they will give me the floor model or open box at the same price. I said NO! I paid for new appliances not used, damage or floor models! They had the courage to tell me to pick a different brand or model, I refused because they didn't have a MATCHING FRIDGE! They could care less, customer service sucks!!! the girls in the store beside rude they didn't care, they told me to decide what I want and she walked away... Tried to return the appliances, they said NO!!! 3 weeks later delivered my fridge in the mean time I had to buy a small fridge. No next time for this careless company name LEON'S the cheap turns expensive!!!

• Sq
      5th of Oct, 2010

My son just bought a defective bent frame 55inch 3D television. He was having his basement refinished and did not get to hanging it for a week and Leons have sent him to Japan Video a service rep for Samsung. They would not exchange because of the 3 day policy> This cannot be right, where is the fair trades act in all these complaints. Time for action people, boycott Leons for bad customer service to say the least>

• Wr
      7th of Feb, 2011

anyone know where to send a complaint other then the site or store. I have sent both and I am not getting nowhere

• Wh
      12th of Sep, 2011

whirlpoolwasher and dryer, bought 6 months ago, paid cash, is garbage! had washer looked at twice, still not working right, as usual LEONS tells me to call whirlpool, when something is not working right, U SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN IT! WELL IT IS GOING TO BE RETURNED, I'M DROPPING IT OF TO-DAY MY BOYS ARE COMING 4 IT, AND I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL I GET MY MONEY BACK, I HAD ENOUGH OF THERE CRAP.

• Po
      25th of Jan, 2012

Have dealt with Leons for about 20 years. Live in different area now and have nothing but problems with purchases over last 3 years. This company has gone downhill as far as quality. Perhaps their Purchasers should be taking a second look at who they buy from if items are always damaged or poorly made. I'm not interested in their products anymore. I want 'peace of mind' that they say in their policy. But if something is going to break or is already broken, then frustration is placed on the customer, where's the peace of mind? They used to stand behind their products, now they are only concerned about profits. After 20 years I will Not be buying from them again. Pride is passe. And Customer Service is an oxymoron. And sadly it's not just Leons.

• Po
      25th of Jan, 2012

Have dealt with Leons for many many years. Live in different area now and have nothing but problems with purchases over last 3 years. This company has gone downhill as far as quality. Perhaps their Purchasers should be taking a second look at who they buy from if items are always damaged or poorly made. I'm not interested in their products anymore. I want 'peace of mind' that they say in their policy. But if something is going to break or is already broken, then frustration is placed on the customer, where's the peace of mind? They used to stand behind their products, now they are only concerned about profits. After many years of happy purchases, getting quality I paid for, I will Not be buying from them again. Pride, quality and workmanship are passe. Customer Service is an oxymoron unless you are up for a drawn out battle to eventually get what you should have gotten in the first place. And sadly it's not just Leons. Some will fight some will not. They bank on the 'will nots'. And Prozac sales increase. Happy shopping. I hope Papa Leon isn't rolling over in his grave.

• Cy
      31st of Mar, 2012

Check your receipts as well, when buying stuff at leons. Do your own calculations coz, "for some reason" they're charging more tax! We bought a furniture, price was $398 with a 5% tax, it should cost us $417.90, buy their till says $427.85. A difference of $9.95, we told the sales man and he talked to one if the supervisor (i think) and she gave us a refund but she wasn't happy about it! She didn't even apologize, she didn't even looked at us. And yeah, they don't tell you the sale was final, we decided to return one of our puchases coz it didn't fit, the product was still in the box, not open! ( we bought 2 ) they didn't give us a refund, they just gave us a store credit! So, yeah, beware of them! Especially on charging tax!

• Je
      2nd of Oct, 2012

In regards to your washer and dryer complaint, Leon's approach was completely valid and within there policies and procedures. When you purchase an appliance or electronic from Leon's, the first year warranty is covered under the manufacturer (in this case Whirlpool). Any further warranties purchased comes into play AFTER that one year. We inform the customer when they call into make a complaint to our service staff that they call the toll free number of the manufacturer to set up an appointment for a Whirlpool technician to come out and inspect the model. From there, if there is nothing able to fix the malfunctioning product Whirlpool will set up an exchange of the same model through Leon's. Leon's doesn't disconnect and connect appliances under our policy due to liability issues, and we don't install the appliances as well. In regards to refunds, we do not sell on approval basis (that is in your signed document you should have received at the date of purchase) meaning that just because you do not like the "look" we will not return it. If the appliance malfunctions after the one year manufacturing warranty and you have not purchased an extended warranty we are unable to help you. If you have we will send out a technician and if nothing can be done we will do an exchange.

I work at Leon's Furniture and no I am not a "representative" coming to invite you back to Leon's. I understand your complaint but no the customer is not always right. Employees of any company must follow their policies and procedures put in place to not only protect them but the customer as well. I suggest the next time you sign a document you read it and not blame the company due to your ignorance.

• Ne
      9th of Dec, 2012
    Leon's - Floor Model TV
    Leons
    Fredericton
    New Brunswick
    Canada

I purchased a 55'' LG Smart tv from Leons as a part of a larger order. I picked the tv up and for some reason I had to wait (I found out the reason why after) anyways while I was waiting I wanted to show a friend the model of tv that I had bought and noticed the floor model television was not there, my friend laughed and said that was the one I was probably getting. I asked the salesperson if they were in fact giving me the floor model, she said, "no, someone else came in and got that earlier." I told her again that I did not want the floor model and she assured me again that I was getting a "brand new from the manufacturer tv." So I ended up getting it home and when I opened the box I noticed half of the packaging from the top of the box was gone, all the bags for the remote and other hardware were opened and not even taped up, half of it was at the bottom of the box in a mess, the surfaces for everything was smudged with finger prints and scratches. I called the saleswoman back, the same one who had assured me that it wasn't the floor model who promptly placed the blame on someone else and pretty much choked on her words for 5 minutes making excuses ... I'm fine with someone passing blame, BUT the fact that she worked in the store and had full knowledge of them giving me a floor model and then lying to my face, that's not very good, and even worse didn't even apologize once. So now here I am waiting again. They deliver the rest of the 3 thousand dollar order 3 days from now, but I'm on the verge of cancelling if I don't get some satisfaction out of this.

• Fr
      5th of Mar, 2013

Just bought a dishwasher (Frigidaire) from the Leon's store in Truro, along with two leather recliners, totally almost $2000. This particular brand of dishwasher has problems with the top spinner which fell off during the first load.The store's attitude leaves a lot to be desired, no apology or compensation etc. Instead we were referred to Fundy Appliances to get a new part ordered and repaired. The total time to get the dishwasher up and running was 19 days. I had to make four phone calls and two visits to get the job done. We just moved here from Manitoba and are not used to this type of service. We definately will NOT be buying the rest of our furniture from Leon's. I sure hope there are better stores to be found locally who have better ethics and customer service.

• Ta
      5th of Nov, 2013

Bought new Samsung double door fridge from Leons in Welland On which was delivered Sept 17/13. Have had problems with fridge staying cold since delivery. Factory reps from Samsung out twice since then, replaced parts, and problem persists, but the most irritating part is the way we are treated on the phone, not only by Samsung, but Leons themself, like we are stupid and don't matter, we do not seem to be important enough to be treated with a modicum of respect, after all, we are the customer. We have repeatedly been lied to by both Leons and Samsung, we also asked for a replacement and were refused.We are getting concerned with the eating the food from the fridge, as the thermostate we put in the fridge is frequently in the spoil zone, and have actually had over a hundred dollars of food spoiled. Leons your customer sevice sucks, Samsung so does yours. When we told Leons we were going to complain to the consumer affairs, they said "go ahead" BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Wi
      4th of Jun, 2014

I can see Samsung having poor customer service on their fridges, seems as though they have had tat exact same issue with them since they got into the appliance market - I know a Samsung fridge repairman who is way busier than he should be.

That being said, I just bought a washing machine from the welland store and it arrived today with a giant dent right above the main dial - as if something very heavy fell on top of it (my guess is that the load on the truck was not secure. They are delivering a replacement on friday, we will see how this plays out.

• Ri
      18th of Nov, 2014

We purchased a (supposted to be genuine leather) couch and reclining chair. Along with purchasing the premium leather kit for $210.
    Its now not even 4 years later and our 100% leather furniture is peeling off its backing. A100% leather would not do this. So now we have a couch and chair that aint worth a ###. Calling the store they sent a rep out to look at it and he said its not repairable as it is BONDED LEATHER. NOT REAL LEATHER that would last for years. After contacting leons there bull ### story ac complished nothing, telling me to contact the leather care people. Once again a song and dance with no satisfaction, lets pass the buck. Why purchase a complete care package with a 4 year warranty, when they dont cover jack ###. This company is nothing but a money grap and a load of crap.
    NEVER AGAIN WILL I DEAL WITH LEONS AND ITS AFFLIATED THIEFS.
    PISSED OFF AND FUSTRATED AS HELL.

• Gm
      27th of May, 2015

People who buy things from Leons expect the products they bought are indestructible. Remember all things sold are man made, maybe some of us made it. Also, if you have a complaint be courteous and polite to the people you're talking to, they are just doing their job and sometimes they are like us have some situations in our life. Yes, they are in busines but they are human beings to. State your complaint nicely and for sure they will do their most effort to help you. I have bought so many things from Leons for the last 5 years, sometimes I have problem and they are there to resolve it right away, because I always say 'please' and 'thank you'. These 3 words goes a long way... Try it and you will never be sorry.

28th of Sep, 2015

We purchased a Samsung double door with the Water and Ice dispenser fridge 2 years ago with the extended warranty. All the plastic pieces inside are cracking or breaking apart. This model has the extra deep door shelves, all cracking. The top narrow shelf that supports one bag of milk, cracked too! I've removed each door shelf as they begin to crack, we are down to two. The main plastic shelf in the fridge that supports eggs, yogurt, and cheese is also cracked. The glass shelves however are all fine. We have a 2nd fridge that is 8 years old where we keep all our heavy bottles (sauces, ketchup, mustard, pickles, dressings, Milk, fruits, etc), no cracks or problems with that fridge. We called Leons today to get replacements, they advised they do no cover plastic. They said things do not just crack and there must be something we are doing (Yes, stocking food on them!!!). They told us to check the fine print on our extended warranty certificate, which we never, ever, received. They told us they would mail it out to us. And told that they cannot help us and that Samsung would not be able to help us. So we have a $3000 fridge but cannot really store food in 50% of it... such poor customer service, terrible product, no customer satisfaction, will never shop there again and will deter all friends and family from shopping there. Thank goodness for facebook and social networking! Buyers Beware!

• Vd
    Furniture - LEON FURNITURE
    Mississauga
    Ontario
    Canada

Leon Furniture and Customer Service SUCK BIG TIME .
    LEON FURNITURE IS VERY POOR QUALITY !!! I spent over $7, 000 in a dinning set to have it received with numerous manufacturing defects. Not only that, when I sat on my expensive dinning chair, one leg broke in half, good thing by bones didn't.
    After chasing them with phone calls, the customer service called back to tell me they are getting quotes from overseas to replace the broken chair and it will take 4- 6 weeks to replace the dinning table (the table has many white spots), in the meantime I can eat on the floor.
    Leons are bunch of ###s, this is not the first time their product and customer service is below zero.
    Once they convince you to spend your money, they simply don't care about YOU.
    Message to LEoN's PRESIDENT: I hope you will go bankrupt very soon, you do not deserve to cash people's hard working dollars. We work hard for our money and want to enjoy the furniture we buy for our home, instead you SELL us a lot of aggravation and headaches. YOU ARE deceiving your clients to put money in your wallet !!! WILL NEVER EVE BUY OR RECOMMEND YOUR PRODUCT TO ANYONE I KNOW. AMIN

• Je
    Furniture - Bad Customer Serviced
    Leon's Furniture
    10081 Mclaughlin Rd N.
    Brampton
    Ontario
    Phone: 905-495-9598
    www.leons.ca

I Recently took delivery of a $11, 568.62 order and everything, and I mean EVERYTHING came damaged, even the appliances were dented up, furniture was dented, scratched, peeled. Everything looked old and used, some of the boxes looked opened and beaten up. The drivers trampled mud all inside my house and damaged my wood floor by dragging a huge stainless steele fridge across without anything under to prevent damage. When I called customer service, they sounded uninterested and told me that they will have to send a tech out to look and confirm the damage. Then they said after the tech confirms the damage they will give me 10% off to keep as is. I refused because I wanted my brand new furniture for my new home not damaged old furniture. They then aggressivley told me that then they will exchange it and that is the only thing else they can do. I was angry with how I talked to by a customer servicde rep named Sonia and so I asked to speak with the manager named Ashleigh and she said that she is on the phone and she will back, hours passed and no call back. I called back finally and apparently Ashleigh has a pefect schedule and leaves 5:00 on the dot. So the next day my husband went in and spoke with the manager and told her that he wants everything picked up and refunded, and she said that it was not an option and that we have to reselect or exchange and by her expression she could care less about our problem. I asked if I could look at it before they deliver and she said not we don't do that and that they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves. After having to take this problem to the General Manager they are willing to take it all back and refunding me and the Manager Ravi could not understand why the customer serviced manager created all this aggervasion when it was so simple to solve. The manager in the customer service is too young for this responsibility and can not take care of customer satisfaction, i have talked to many many people at work that have dealt with Leon's everywhere and 6 people agreed that the Brampton Leon's Customer Service is awful and the managers do not know what they are doing, I shopped there in the past when there were different managers and supervisors and did not have such problems, Leon's need to hire more capable customer service associates!!! Never Going to Be Shopping at BRampton Leon's AGAIN!!! I have told many many people not to go to that store. One person has ruined it for the entire store!!!

17th of Jun, 2016

I absolutly agree with you, I was once waiting at the customer service desk and there was no one there, but I could hear laughing in the back room and it sounded like there were talking about other employees. I then had to knock at the door that was beside the customer service as that is where the laughing and talking was coming from and there were three girls sitting around eating. They looked stunned and I asked if someone can help me in customer service they all looked at eachother and one girl with glasses told the girl named Mandy to help me and she got up and rolled her eyes and said she was coming around. I was enquiring about the status on my parts order and she told me that there was not parts order for me and I was shocked, I placed that order with the Manager Ashley 5 weeks ago and was just popping in to see if it was in because I was in the area. She said she will order and then I asked how long would it take, she said 4-6 weeks!!! I was livid, and asked to speak with Ashley, she then came around in anger and said she was Ashley and told me basically that I was lying and that she is the manager and she does not order parts and even if she did happen to then it would be on order. I can tell you one thing, I strongly agree, ever sincde management changed in there, the department is unreliable. I had to talk to the store manager and she personally went to the warehouse and took parts from a new piece and gaved them to me and she apologized to me time after time, I told her that the manager in Customer Service is terrible and that the old management in there was more capable and talked a lot more respectfully then she did. I HAVE SINCE THEN TOLD EVERYONE THAT THEY SHOULD NOT SHOP AT LEON'S AND MANY PEOPLE HAVE AGREED AND TOOK THEIR MONIES ELSEWHERE.

• Am
      31st of Oct, 2017

I, like the many other customers will never shop at Leon's again. We purchased upright freezer Frigidaire from Leon:s Danforth Toronto after 10 days stop working when i call Leon"s to returned
    they say i have to call the manufacture (Electrolux) for returned Leon:s say they can returned and till have a return authorization from the manufacturer in order to return it and they won't give us that until a technician takes a look at it. and they gave me phone number i have to find a technician my self after a week a technician came to my house he say a problem is A control -temperature after that i receive the part to my house and couldn't find a technician to put the part i purchased in Oct 3 2017 and now a freezer not working still