LensCrafters / prescription sunglasses (defective lenses)

Cherryvale Mall
Summer 2008 I purchased regular prescription glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses at the LensCrafters in the Cherryvale Mall in Rockford. Within weeks of purchase, I noticed what appeared to be stress fractures in the lenses of the sunglasses. I hadn't even cleaned the glasses yet. They had been sitting in their hard shell container in my car. My belief is that the lenses were subjected to stress when put into the frames. I took them back to the store and was told that I had scratched the lenses and they would not replace the lenses. That moment they lost my business, my children's business and anyone else I can talk sense into. My local Optometrist appreciates LensCrafter's poor customer service.

D  16th of Jul, 2009 by
Depending on the lens material, you're not supposed to leave most eyeglasses in the car because excessive heat will cause most lenses to expand/contract which will cause stress cracks.
N  26th of Jul, 2009 by
True, Calla, but sometimes stress fractures can show up after the fact. Also, I question whether Rastus was told about leaving them in his car since he was so upfront about that information. If I were that LC location, I would have made a one-time replacement for him. There's no sense in losing his business for life. Give him the pickle!
N  12th of Dec, 2009 by
I agree with both of you. It probably was from leaving them in the car, but I would replace them one time only if they did not know this!

LensCrafters Logo LensCrafters