[Resolved] LensCrafters / horrible customer service and they don't stand behind their warranty

1 Goldsboro, NC, United States

I bought a pair of Oakley glasses from Lenscrafters on July 17th 2010. I only needed a backup pair of glasses, since I wear contacts most of the time, but certain frames give me headaches because I have TMJ, so I ended up choosing a frame by Oakley that fit similar to my non-prescription Oakley sunglasses (because they are the most perfect fitting frames!) In the store, I wore the frames around (with the non-prescription lenses in them) and they fit great! I usually have the problem of glasses falling off my face because they are too wide at the temples or just because I have oily skin, but these actually fit! I told one of the employees that those were the ones I wanted, paid, and was told that I would be contacted when the glasses were finished.
**This is where all the problems started**
I went back to the store a couple days later to pick up my glasses, and I made sure to try them on before I left, good thing, because they were stretched out! It took about 20 minutes worth of heating and bending and heating and bending to get them back to near- normal. They said it may take a few adjustments to get them right, which I didn't like, but I went with it.
Now, it's September, and I have been back several times to adjust the frames and they still are not right! When they are adjusted, and fit correctly, I try to wear them, but they come out of adjustment within an hour! I can't take it anymore, so I took the glasses and the receipt back to the store and asked what they could do for me under their 90 day guarantee. **SHOCKER** They said there was nothing they could do except keep adjusting them! I was so angry at that moment, I told the manager that I just want them to take the glasses back and give me a refund! Obviously, they didn't want to lose any money, so they offered free adjustments and cleanings whenever I needed them (umm, I thought that was offered to EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.) When I refused, and told them that I would be satisfied when they give me my money back, the manager said that he would not do that because it had been over 30 days since I bought my glasses! I reminded him of the "90 day UNCODITIONAL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" that the company so boldly advertises, and without hesitation, he said "Oh, you don't get that, you bought your glasses the day before that started."
WHAT???!!! I could not believe it! I was so mad that I left the store before I said some very unprofessional things! That evening, I sent an email to Lenscfrafters Customer Service telling them how dissatisfied I was (AM!) The next day I received a call saying that they were contacting the store manager concerning the situation, and that I would receive another call in a few days. The day after that, the local store manager called and said that he absolutely would not refund my money, that he would only adjust my current frames. Then he said "Or I can exchange those frames for a less expensive pair of 'regular' frames- but I won't refund the difference." I told that guy "NO WAY" that I was not being scammed out of any more of my money, and that I would contact the regional manager, or higher, and attempt to solve my problem that way. He tried to intimidate me by telling me that all problems come down to the store manager, and that I would only be dealing with him, not anyone with more authority.
My thoughts right now are as simple as this: We'll see about that.

• Resolution statement

• LensCrafters Customer Care's Response, Sep 21, 2010

Hi I"m Holly with LensCrafters. I am sorry to hear you are having such a negative experience with our store. If you could please email/call with your name I will be happy to contact our Regional director for the Goldsboro, NC location to see if there is anything we can do for you. You may email me at iCare@LensCrafters.com or call our call center at 877-486-6486. Any one will be able to assist you if you decide to call. I hope we can help get this resolved for you.