Lens Crafters / faulty frames

United States, Illinois Review updated:
Lens Crafters
I bought my glasses less than a year ago, at the cost of over $500.00, and the frame broke. I went back to Lens Crafters and they informed me there was nothing they could do about it and I could buy a new pair of glasses. I will NEVER do business at Lens Crafters again and I am advising my company of the problem so they can see if they still want to send thier employees to them. They should be made to stand behind the product or get out of the business.

A  12th of Feb, 2009 by
I also purchased a pair of glasses through Lenscrafters. I purchased them in August and they were broken before Christmas, less than 4 months. I was also told that I could purchase another pair for 1/2 the cost of the frames, basically a whole new pair of glasses. I was also told they could not fix them there but that I could go to a different place. What a rip off and a scam. I can't afford to purchase two pairs of glasses a year. I will never go back to Lenscrafters. You shouldn't either.
N  9th of May, 2009 by
So, you are angry at Lenscrafters because you were irresponsible and broke your glasses and they won't give you free ones? Sorry, but try that complaint with your new car, clothing, or anything else. You break it you replace it. It's time people started taking responsibility and stop asking for handouts. You can't chalk this one up to "poor customer service."
A  12th of Jul, 2009 by
I purchased a very expensive pair of Ray Bans progressives and within a year, I had scratched them. I went back to Lenscrafters and I had to purchase another set of lenses since the glasses were over 30 days old. I spend over $800 for two pairs of Ray Bans.

Now less then 6 months from the replacement of the lenses, I have a hairline crack in the OD lense and I am pissed. Now, being an Optician and a Ophthalmic Technician with specialized training, I am confident that this is a manufacturing defect in their lense material that Lenscrafters is using.

I want a new lense now! Lets see how Lenscrafters really does take care of their customers.
D  26th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm sorry, but you're made aware of the Breakage Protection Plan when you purchase a pair of glasses from Lenscrafters. I know it's easy to forget these things, but don't say they're a rip-off when you agree to the terms and conditions by PURCHASING THEIR PRODUCT! Glasses aren't indestructable. In the 15 years I've been wearing glasses, I've NEVER had a pair of glasses that didn't last for well over a year. In fact, the only time I get new glasses is when I want a new style. Perhaps those of you who can't comprehend why a business won't replace (at no cost) what you've negligently owned ought to start paying attention when you purchase a medical device that costs so much. If you're willing to pay hundreds of dollars up front but are unwilling to pay for new ones at a fraction of the cost, then you should ask questions about proper care. Write down what you're told, even. It'll help you in the long run. Do you complain to The Gap months later when the sweater you've purchased starts to get those little balls on it because you don't wash them according to the label? It's the same thing!
N  18th of Aug, 2009 by
My husband and I also purchased a pair of glasses through Lenscrafters early last year. Both frames are now broken!! I was told that I could purchase another pair, and that the frames could not be fixed ? What ?? I've never heard of this before. We have purchaseed 5 pairs so far from them within the past 3 years. I was also told that they could not fix them there but that I could go to a different place. What a rip off !! We cannot afford to purchase two pairs of glasses again this year. We will never go back to Lenscrafters ever again. It's sad that they do NOT take care of their customers.

LensCrafters Logo LensCrafters