Leaders Merchant Services / Rip Off

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Leaders Merchant Services gets you to sign up with a one year contract with no fees and a decent rate. Then after one year they bang you out with a list of fees from dormant fees to access fees. When I complained their excuse is they made a notation on one of my statements saysing that there may be some fees applied to recoup an increase from Visa. In addition they wont refund me for charging me for a service that I did not even sign up for. They are a true rip off. Stay away from them.

Comments

• Sb
      4th of Aug, 2009

LEADERS would like to apologize to this merchant for the experience he had with our company. We at LEADERS pride ourselves in providing our merchants with excellent customer service and to hear a complaint such as this is truly disheartening.

LEADERS has reviewed this merchant’s two accounts. In accordance with the merchant’s signed contracts, Schedule of Fees, page 2 of 4, all fees are clearly stated. In addition to this, all rate increases are clearly stated on the merchant processing statements 30 days in advance, if a rate increase occurs at all. All charges incurred by the merchant were for the processing services and PCI-DSS services rendered through the merchant’s two separately signed contracts with LEADERS.

LEADERS regrets that the merchant feels our services were unsatisfactory and we apologize to the merchant for the misunderstandings he had with our company, LEADERS would like to wish the merchant well in all future endeavors.

• Sm
      9th of Sep, 2009

I agree with every word! sales lady is the sweetest in the world, saying no hidden charges and no extra fees beyond 3% $0.75 per trx. You start with no setup fee and a promise of flat fee, with commitment for 1yr. 3 months later $99 fee, and 7.30 'dormancy fee' - their rude rep can only say - its in the contract. hidden, well hidden in tiny letters in sections you would not expect anything about fees. what to get out? ha - you'll have to pay $350 for that 'service' and it turns out the contract is 3yrs long! they are rude on the phone and the web is full of complaints about them. I wish I had checked BEFORE signing up. now I need to watch my account on a daily basis for unauthorized charges. I might cancel and cut my losses with these crooks.
    ah, and its just pathetic to see their standard response on this site. "would like to apologize etc etc."
    STAY AWAY! WARNING! THIEVES!

• Sp
      8th of Oct, 2009

I'm so fed up with with the pathetic "Leaders Merchant Services". They have cost our company $4000 in the month of June. When you first sign up they treat you like royalty. When you get charged up the butt and you ask them nicely they are very pushy and rude on the phone. When I called to ask a simple question about our funds being released, a lady said she will have to transfer us to voicemail...and before I could say anything she quickly did it and I never got called back.

If you value your company, and you are small business trying to grow your business in this recession, stay away from Leaders Merchant Services as they will destroy your company. With all of these complaints all over the internet, you would think they would practice some customer service...company is a joke.

• Sr
      12th of Oct, 2009

The merchant’s account was closed due to an excessive number of cardholder disputes. LEADERS did not cause the cardholder disputes and has worked with the merchant for several months to try and correct or alleviate the issue. Processed funds were held on the merchant’s account to secure against future losses, as LEADERS hold the liability of any loss associated with the merchant’s account. LEADERS has been more than cooperative with the merchant in explaining the loss and providing a detail of the amount due. The merchant is more than welcome to contact our Merchant Support and Risk Department for an additional accounting detail of any funds due. To reiterate, the amount due was caused by the merchant’s clients disputing items and not by any action taken by LEADERS.

• Co
      16th of Dec, 2009

DONT SIGN WITH THEM, THE WORST COMPANY IVE EVER DEALT WITH
    they will screw you royaly, they will make them selves at home with youre bank account .
    They care only about stealing money, You would be a FOOL if you trust them
    ALL Aluminum Solutions
    west palm beach, florida

• Lo
      4th of Jan, 2010

Run from these people do not give them your bank account number if you do close the bank account do not let them in !!!

Leaders Merchant Account are the biggest crooks I have ever dealt with They start you at a low rate and then hit you with all kinds of fees dormancy, maintenance, monthly, annually and you have to notify them and Wells Fargo in writing 60 days prior to end of contract that you will not be renewing and then guess what a year later we get a annual fee $99 withdrawn from our account which they say since or contract terminated in Jan that was all they needed for a whole year of fees They said there is no prorating of rates whether its a day or a full year

• Ha
      26th of Jul, 2010

hateleadermerchant
    Leaders is a LIE!! A SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!!!
    Terrible terrible company. I am finally getting out of my 2 year contract. I shouldve gotten out sooner. They charged me unexplainable fee's too.
    With all those fee's it probably wouldve been better to leave the first year.
    Service is unbelievably terrible.
    Never go with them EVER!!! They steal your money away. Worst people to work with.
    All very non-educated. All they know are about the additional fees they keep popping out at you for NO REASON!!!
    STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
    I will do everything I can in my power to have no-one, NO ONE go with them!