LCBO / customer service

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 by   User
Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Canada
I live in Kirkland Lake. I am a 36 year old mother. Your policy is to ID anyone who looks under 25 which I definitely don't. I understand the need for said policy and I appreciate the employee being careful. However, the fact that she also ID'd the 45 year old greying man in front of me tells me that she wasn't simply being careful. I don't look under 30 and I walked half an hour each way, in the middle of winter in northern Ontario, and there is absolutely no reason that I should require my ID on my person. This was simply a case of a miserable employee trying to show her authority which not only wasted my time but wasted my money as I had to get a neighbour to watch the kids as I trekked thru the snow only to be refused service under ridiculous circumstances.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Retail Stores

Comments

N  14th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
You may not look under 25, but you act under 25. That is probably why you were asked for ID. Calling him a 45 year old greying man is childish. Just because you don't look under 30 does not mean you are of age. Most women would be flattered to be asked for ID. I have a feeling he though you were underaged based on childish behavior? You have an issue being asked for ID then don't purchase alcohol. That is how simple it is. He was just doing his job. Would you like him to lose his job and or the store to be heavily fined for not doing their job. For someone who claims to be 36 you sure are dense. Are you sure that the real reason behind this complaint is because you had fake ID and they saw through you?
N  14th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Also it was not a power thing for the employee fool. He was just doing his job. I feel sorry for your kids. They are going to be pathetic losers in life, just lie you. Why not grow up and take responsibility for not bring your ID with you? How can someone as immature as you be old enough to drink? Also you ust be an alcoholic to be upset because you did not get your booze because YOU forgot your ID. Someone as ignorant as you does not need alcohol. It kills your brain cells and obviously you are not smart yourself anyways. Maybe all the alcohol already killed your brain cells. I bet you took your frustration out on the kids like all alcoholics.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree