Lazyboy Furniture / lazyboy do not honor warranties!

I bought a Leather Lazyboy recliner chair for my husband that cost $1200 I bought a warranty on it also, now they tell me the warranty is no good, cause my husbands hair made it fade, come on, it was not abused, everyones hair hits the back on the chair, he uses nothing on his hair, except to shampoo it. Don't buy a Lazy Boy all they want is the money for the chair and the warranty money, they don't live up to their warranties.

• Herbert Currie's Response, Mar 26, 2018

Dear sir or Madam:

I order the sofa set for Christmas of 2015 in November 2015 from J.R. Rahey's Furniturein Sydney, N.S. and received the set in February 2016. At this time I had to send the power chair back because the wooden base frame was cracked.

I received the chair back at the end of the month after repairs. Then in May 2016 I notice a mark on the right arm of the fabric (see picture sofa1 & 2). Rahey's said "they would order new fabric for the arm" They call me about a month later and took the chair and replaced the fabric. I received the chair back in June. After a month or so I started noticing a spot showing at the seam (see sofa5 pic) and it look alot like the old spot. I believe they pull down the top of the arm and lifted up the arm fabric to hide the spot under the seam and didn't replace the arm fabric at all. This can be seen in sofa chair-1 picture showing that the right arm top is lower than the left arm.

Then in December, 2016 the left arm of the chair is starting to become the same way, not only a spot, but the fabric is separating along the inside of the arm. I believe that the fabric is rubbing on the wood framing edge and there is little to no padding to support the fabric. I believe this is a flaw or mistake during manufacturing see pic's 9 to 19 and Rahey’s repair this problem. I received the chair back in January 2017.

The fabric on the foot rest started to show problems in December 2017 and a picture taken in March, 2018 shows how big the damage became. Now on March 16, 2018 the piston that controls the foot rest broke. The clamp mounted to the shaft shatter is( picture 20).

I requested the service repairs and invoices from Rahey’s to show that I was buying a Best sofa set at the time and the salesman talk us in to buying the La z boy set because it was the better set with great quality, long lasting and great warranty for a few more dollars.

I hope you can help me get this chair repaired or replaced because I feel this is the chair from hell. I would appreciate a quick response to this matter.

Herbert Currie
    1732 Lingan Rd.
    River Ryan, N.S.

EMAIL FROM RAHEY’S SHOWING BELOW – EMAIL DATE 03/23/2018 – attached with invoices in email
    HI Herb, Here is the info. you requested with your chair .The day of
    delivery upon opening we had to take back
    To the shop and repair a loose board and remove a staple
    from the rocker base. You took delivery of this
    Set on 02/02/2016 . The next issue was SERV4781 on
    05/05/2016, we had to order and replace the r.s.facing
    Arm panel. The next issue was on 12/16/2016 SERV5111, we
    had to order in and replace both arm panels, which
    Was completed on 01/18/2017. Need anything else, please

B1s 1c6
    Ph# 1-902-562-2500

PS I could not attached the invoice PDF files form Raheys

Va

Comments

• Vi
      7th of Jul, 2009

I agree that Lazy Boy is just in it for the money. We bought my mother a material recliner for her 80th birthday and in no time it started pilling. No matter how much my mothers defuzzes it, they always come back. Lazy Boy does not cover the material. If you "warranty" quality and workmanship, how does that not include the material it is made of.

• Fr
      20th of Aug, 2018
    La-Z-Boy - Three seater repair
    Waukegan
    Illinois

The repairman has been here twice. First time wrong part, He took pictures and reordered. Second time same wrong part shipped. He took pictures again to reorder.
    This 100% poor customer support. We pay you make the mistakes not the repairman.
    You parts department needs quality control put in place. With this type service LAZ Boy will go under.

• He
      20th of Aug, 2018
    La-Z-Boy - La-Z-Boy power chair
    Canada

Dear sir or Madam:

I have a Broken Power chair only two years old.
    Can you please email me or call so I can sent you my explanation of the chair history, invoices, (pictures of the problems attached).
    Not enough space to explain

Thanks

• Gr
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    La-Z-Boy - $1599.00 vince relina
    la-z-boy.com

If you wish to waste a huge pile of $$$$ quickly spend it at LaZboy.
    Chair is useless after one Year!

21st of Oct, 2018
    La-Z-Boy - $140+ to get this piece of junk fixed
    Scottsdale
    Arizona

#La-Z-BoyJunk

Bought Aug 2017, mechanism breakdown Oct 2018.

Never again La-Z-Boy. Never!

Going to cost me over $140 to get it fixed. So much for warranty. Screw me over on the labor every year? No thank you.

After 17+years of multiple La-Z-Boy recliners, I am putting this Crandall out on the curb for Bulk Trash pickup in Nov. It is unusable.