Lazy Boy / poor quality

1 Fort Myers, FL, United States Review updated:

Purchased a recliner for just under 1000.00. There is very little padding on this expensive chair. You can feel the wood hit you in the arm the back cushion collapses when you sit in it, the seat cushion compressed so much that it kept sliding under the back. The back of the chair wobbles as though it is going to fall off. When we pointed this out to the repair person they said they were all like that. They replaced the seat cushion but that is all they did. I went to this company and paid alot of money because I thought we were buying quality. What you see on the showroom floor is not what you get. This chair was purchased so my 80 year old aunt would have a comfortable chair when she visits for 3 months each year. Now I am shopping for a 2 or 3 hundred dollar chair to replace it and I'll just buy a new one every few years.

Ba

Comments

• Re
      15th of Aug, 2008

This company has more than 80 years in business. When you are purchasing a chair for someone else is always hard! what fits you it might not fit that someone well.

No other company out there is going to offer you parts for life or show you how that chair is build. LaZBoy does. I got three recliners from them and I am very happy with them but I also made a mistake I purchased one for for husband that was too small for him and for his weight most of their recliners can tolerate up to 300 pounds but he was more than that it was my fault. So in the end I end up buying a big man chair he has it for over five yearss!!!

If this chair can put up to mu husbands weight everyday & he is 355 pounds I'm sure is built to last longer than the ones out there!!!

Give them another try but this time if you are getting it for some else remenber to bring that someone along so you make the right choice also
    if you think what they have in floor is diff. than what you get that is not the case is the same thing find out if you can pick it up at their warehouse or what if you receive it and you are not happy with it or in the end can you get the one from the floor? I still think better to find out the "what if" first.
    I'm sure they eventually will work something with you...they did with me...right away the same day I called them when I got that chair and I was able to get another one instead but this time I told my husband to come with me he's the one that is going to be on that chair not me...

one of my recliners is about 15 years old still works fine!!!

I am a very happy lazboy customer will continue if they continue to build them the same way!!!

20th of Mar, 2009

I bought a lazy by sectional that has one recliner. As soon as I purchased it, the recliner worked very hard & didn't seem to work right. They sent a repair man. Even when he was done, I said it still worked hard & didn't seem to work right. He also said that is how they all are. We only used the recliner 4 or 5 times & already it does not work at all. I have called Lazy Boy & I am waiting for them to call me back to fix what should have been fixed the first time. I also bought Lazy Boy for the quality & I am disappointed in my purchase. Hopefully, they can fix it this time, but I feel that the first repair man knew that it was not functioning properly & just didn't know how to fix it or just didn't care. This is not what I expect from Lazy Boy.