Lastman's Bad Boy / RESPONSE FROM LASTMAN'S BAD BOY

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

COMPLAINT BOARD RESPONSE FROM LASTMAN'S BAD BOY

Thank you for your comments over the last year or so regarding your shopping experience at Lastman’s Bad Boy.

We appreciate our customer patronage and look to respond to some of your comments. As you may be aware, our London and Kitchener stores have just recently celebrated their one-year anniversaries.

During the time of the new store openings in 2007, it was to say the least a very busy time for our company and was also a true learning experience opening two new locations just a few months apart.

Originally, we were a corporation of five stores and had them running smoothly for many years, however, when London and Kitchener opened, we experienced overwhelming success and a huge volume of business which is where we ran into some of our customer issues. We as a company have grown immensely and have learned how to cope with our newfound patronage from you – our customers. At no time do we or did we ever want anyone to leave Lastman’s Bad Boy with an unfortunate dealing. We have learned a lot and continue to improve our standard of business every single day.

In response to the majority of the concerns posted on the board, we note that a large number are very old dealings with us (in a span of well over a year), which coincide with the London and Kitchener openings. To those, we apologize and hope that you will give us a second chance at earning your business.

We appreciate all Lastman’s Bad Boy customers and strive to make you happy in dealing with us. We expect that your future shopping experience with us will be a great one. In future, should you have any concerns or matters to be discussed, please feel free to contact me directly at (416) 667-7551x 242 or our owner, Mr. Blayne Lastman at (416) 667-7551x258.

Comments

• La
      24th of Nov, 2008

COMPLAINT BOARD RESPONSE FROM LASTMAN'S BAD BOY

Tony Balasingham
    Lastman's Bad Boy
    President

• Ba
      19th of Jan, 2017

@Lastman's Bad Boy I will NEVER spend another dime at Lastman's Bad Boy. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

• Be
      15th of Mar, 2018

@Lastman's Bad Boy Hi Tony,

My self Bela Kiklawala, bought few items from BadBoy but quality of furniture is very bad.
    Couple of times got replacement of furniture still not satisfied with quality.
    When I spoke with Rimpy Sharma and she gave me few options, with those I am not happy.
    I asked her that would like to talk with her manager. She told me his manage Tony will give me a call within a week.
    It's been 3 weeks, still waiting for a call from his manager.
    Now I am done with follow up process and the replacement. Looking forward to alk with you.

Thanks
    Bela
    647 294 2619

• Lu
      6th of Aug, 2018

@Lastman's Bad Boy Dear Mr. Balasingham, Nothing changed. Still your company practicing false advertisement and tricking customers to make purchases and be frustrated and struggle afterwards to get what they paid for.
    1. There was no indication that its 's out of stock or on back order. (Still posted on the website to be ordered)
    2. No indication that the sales are final and no refund
    3. No indication that the delivery of the product will be at least six weeks and counting
    4. Why you charge the credit card the full amount immediately upon placing an order and not delivering for weeks.

I should have read the reviews before ordering a fridge on-line. ( order #100012689). I never experienced more frustrating purchase in my life than this one. I need nothing other than what I ordered or the full refund of what I paid. Is that to much to ask for?

• Wi
      27th of Aug, 2018

@Lastman's Bad Boy Your London store seems to still think its okay to sell garbage products and then refuse to do anything about it. Both managers there today were completely unhelpful. Over $600 for 4 bar stools that are garbage. Disgusting work and store ethics.

• Av
      17th of Dec, 2008

I purchased furniture after this letter was written (in November 2008). The service has not changed for the better in the Kitchener store.

Their problems are not correctable as it isn't one thing that is wrong with the service and products... it's everything.

Furniture was scratched, dented, chipped.
    Delivery people not careful with furniture... dropped... oops... only a little dented... But it would take weeks/months to get a new one...
    Delivery people do not know where they are going. Arrive late. (What the point of having a tracking system for deliveries when they don't actually come in the scheduled time is beyond me.)
    Customer service line is an answering machine... and they never call back.
    General lack of understanding of their own corporate structure or policies, so you get directed to various areas of the organization when you call, only to find out that the place that you called initially was the right spot.
    Sales staff blatantly lie to make a sale. My question was "how easy is it to put the furniture together?" Peter replied that it was just a matter of putting on the handles... Guess he forgot to mention that the furniture came with separate feet so that it had to be put on it's side and drilling the bureau mirror on... Said his store wasn't "IKEA"... And he is right... the furniture was much cheaper quality and took much longer to put together than IKEA merchandise...

• Ug
      29th of Dec, 2009

Note: The problems with Bad Boy are continuing, not only in the past! I have just started dealing with Bad Boy and I have been lied to and continuously deceived by their ability to perform any kind of customer service. I spent hours upon hours on the phone with them throughout the day today being given the run-around on a problem that they refuse to fix. After spending over 3 thousand dollars in their store and being guaranteed arrival by new years I have now been told it will be two weeks late. When calling to question this I was put on hold for about 20 min before I hung up, called back and then was told that the general manager that I was on hold with 2 seconds before had left work for the day. Customer service isn't in the Bad Boys vocabulary and I wouldn't trust them with a single other purchase no matter how small or big. I have been incredibly disappointed and even though it seemed a good deal money wise I would never subject myself to such terrible service again. One entire day wasted and what seems like one hundred long distance phone calls later... I'm left telling them to take their sofa and TV and shove it up their... well you know

• Ks
      1st of Dec, 2011

Similarly to many people on this forum, I had a negative experience at Bad Boy in Whitby and even though I was persistent, I could not get the situation resolved. I found this post and called the number listed above for owner Blayne Lastman on a Friday night and left a message. Monday morning, I received a personal phone and the situation was quickly rectified. It truly is hard to find good employees and managers who will run "your" business the way you would want them to, particularly in a growing business with multiple locations. While it may not come through in every transaction, Blayne does want to offer a great customer experience and ensure people are satisfied. I suggest cutting through the crap at the store and head office level and call Blayne or the Customer Service rep at (416) 667-7551x 242 if you have an issue.

9th of Feb, 2012

Purchased 3 piece letather sofa set April, 2011> First of all delivery problems which seem to be an onging issue from reading previous complaints. Furniture finally arrived and when you lean on the arms to get up it rips through the mesh underneath (as there is no support in the arms). Contacted bad boys and they sent a technician, may offer a reselect. They agreed to pick it up, repair it and give us loaner furniture. That was last October 2011. It is now Feb 2012, still have loaner furniture, furniture has been repaired 4 times and still not fixed. I am going to contact Goldhawk to have this investigated, anyone on board with compaints? Email me at jangoodings@aol.com. This has taken 24 phone calls (all recorded) so far. Also filing a small claims court action. The furniture is KWALITY IMPORTS ITEM IS BARCELONA 2460. Have been to badboys since and ripped the furniture in the show room on another set in front of the salesperson.

• Su
      2nd of Mar, 2014

You need to fire your general manager at Kennedy. His name is Paul Taylor. He is extremely rude to customers AND his own employees. I saw him interrupting/yelling at a front desk worker while she was trying to deal with a customer. He could not wait until the customer left to act like an indecent human being? The service I got from him was horrible, he tried to push me into buying furniture that I really didn't even like... My cousin has a bad experience with him as well. He had a ton of service issues and when he went to speak to Paul, he completely blew him off and walked away saying "I can't do anything, that's too bad." What kind of General Manager is that? Then the other manager (I think his name was Joe) helped my cousin and gave him such great service. So why isn't Joe a general manager yet someone as rude and inconsiderate as Paul making the big bucks at your store? It's disgusting.

• Gl
      12th of Jun, 2014
    Lastmans Bad Boy - Price match request / broken screen
    Whitby
    Ontario
    Canada

My boyfriend and I were looking for reviews on a TV we just bought at Bad Boy Furniture in the Whitby Mall and discovered that we paid an extra $137.50 compared to Best Buys price. I thought "Nooo Body beats Bad Boy?"
    When I asked what was the best price I could get on the TV they were firm on the ticket price and the sales lady out right stated that we wouldn't get it cheaper anywhere else. Not only that but in a final sales attempt she said had just checked the computer and it was priced incorrectly and was actually $100 MORE and she would sell it to us for the ticketed price leading us to believe we were getting an even better deal and ultimately making our final decision to buy the TV.
    To confirm this I tried to find it on their web site but it was no where to be found. I was re directed to shop.ca where I found the TV on their supplied by Bad Boy for $100 LESS than the price we paid in store. on top of that the delivery was FREE.

It will be 1 week on Sunday since we requested a price match and the issue still has not been resolved. However we received our delivery today and the screen was CRACKED! I wonder how long its going to take this issue to be resolved...

• La
      16th of Sep, 2014

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for your experience and inconveniences. Please provide us with your sales bill number and contact information to social@nooobody.com so that we can look into this matter for you and resolve the situation. Thankyou for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Lastman's Bad Boy

• Do
      26th of Sep, 2014

Hi we bought a leather love seat and sofa and bed room we have the the extended warranty we had the love set repaired twice now and told the that the couch the springs you can feel them and. The middle on the couch is coming apart and l was told the will only fix one that is over 1200.00 they don't do both we were told when we got the set that the warranty would cover everything for 5 years we are not happy bad boys do not stand up to shay they say and l will make sure l let every one no on false book if this does not get fixed or replaced thank you donna parker 905 975 7503

• Pe
      7th of Feb, 2015

We left a phone message to Tony, the President, about our concern for a refund as the couch we purchased did not fit for the purpose. Couch was returned to the store on the same day by their delivery people without any damage and still in perfect condition. The Manager at the store does not want to refund us. We will post any updates here about this issue.
    Ultimately, we want a simple refund for a product that we did not even use and returned at the store in perfect condition for them to sell again.

• Ha
      1st of Mar, 2015

Went to Badboy in Brampton and found out the most disrespectful staff I've encountered. While doing competitive pricing, I was told that I would not be served and wanted me to leave the right store right away. When asked why, the manager said I would not be served as I am trying to match competitors price. ( which clearly states on Badboys website that competitive price will be honoured ) I was treated as if I have stolen something. They could've said to me that they cannot match the price but looked like they didn't want me to price match, and asked me to leave right away. Extremely disappointed as family members would always go to Badboys for purchases but will never ever go there again or let anyone I know go there. Their phrase "NOOOOOBODY is better" is misleading. It's NOOOOOOBODY is better in ripping customers off. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE. Most of the other competitors will gladly honor competitive pricing. (By the way once I left BADBOYS, I went to the competitor and I got a better deal than I was expecting)

• Si
      6th of Jun, 2016

Hello
    I am asking you to please assist and help my dad . He is 85 years old and a pensioner.
    A couple of days ago he thought his fridge was not working .Instead of him calling my husband to look at the situation he went to your Bad Boy location at Kennedy .They sold him a fridge .When he went home and started cleaning his fridge it was actually working .
    The new fridge has not been delivered .It is not set to be delivered till Saturday !!!It could of easily been cancelled!
    He went to ask them if he can cancel.And the sales rep said, "NO" he has to take a store credit .Well at his age trust me his house has too many items, and he is on a pension and budgetting .SO where he can save he does.But now he will be having two fridges in his condo ...and no choice butto store the new fridge .He has no rom trust me for this !!!
    He does not need to buy furniture as he already has new furniture.I undertsand your employees live off of COmmision but seriously even my company we have buyers remorse for 12 days and we go under the federal labour board.
    My dad has been buying from you since the 70's !!! My mother has the dining set he bought her form the 70's when you had a store at Eglingotn and Eccleston/sloane area just before the DVP

• Kr
      27th of Oct, 2016

Very hopeless company in Delivery, complaints & quality of the furniture even after taking five year warranty charges they never give reply

• Ci
      11th of Feb, 2018

This is Finch location
    I came to buy washer and dryer and I found bed set and tvs I like. Representative said I was qualified 13000.00 and guess what? She tried to max my limit and pushed me all the way. Things she promised to give me for free she ended up charged me, and all the unessessarry fees like shipping and golden warranty all added up to thousands dollars. Crazy!!! I came to make a complain saying I wasn't be aware of all these charges and the manager Sagar said mam u signed and u agreed to the price. The bill didn't have the price of each item. Just a total and I thought it was just an estimate. Anyway.. That is not the only problem, washer came wrong item and I have to paid 25% restocking fee when it wasn't my fault. Had a few calls and they said they can only reduced to 15% restocking fee. Geeze nvm no choice but I agreed. Then 55" tv came and it was a curve tv when I told them 10x I wanted flat tv. Don't want to deal with headache I kept it anyway. Then I was waited for 75" tv when they told me around next week and never arrive. I called they told me next week. Nothing happen I called again and they said next week. My house warm party is passed and still no tv. I got maddddd called them again said I want to cancel they said manager will call me tomorrow and nothing happen. I had to went there and want to speak to manager they said he wasn't there. I asked for general manager Jeevan, they said he was on vacation and gave me an email to contact him but never see his reply. Maybe it never get to him. Now manager called me said tv wl be arrive next week and will schedule for delivery. What's the point when I already got the tv from somewhere else and same price and deliver within a week. Took bad boy 4 weeks or so. So they told me its final sale even I don't accept the tv they still chearge on my Bill. Omg seriously?? It was them at fault for kept on gave me empty promises. So why making me take responsibility? I spent 11 thousands and this is the service I got???? I violated and forceful. Can someone please deal with me in a professional manner??

• Ci
      11th of Feb, 2018

This is Finch location
    I came to buy washer and dryer and I found bed set and tvs I like. Representative said I was qualified 13000.00 and guess what? She tried to max my limit and pushed me all the way. Things she promised to give me for free she ended up charged me, and all the unessessarry fees like shipping and golden warranty all added up to thousands dollars. Crazy!!! I came to make a complain saying I wasn't be aware of all these charges and the manager Sagar said mam u signed and u agreed to the price. The bill didn't have the price of each item. Just a total and I thought it was just an estimate. Anyway.. That is not the only problem, washer came wrong item and I have to paid 25% restocking fee when it wasn't my fault. Had a few calls and they said they can only reduced to 15% restocking fee. Geeze nvm no choice but I agreed. Then 55" tv came and it was a curve tv when I told them 10x I wanted flat tv. Don't want to deal with headache I kept it anyway. Then I was waited for 75" tv when they told me around next week and never arrive. I called they told me next week. Nothing happen I called again and they said next week. My house warm party is passed and still no tv. I got maddddd called them again said I want to cancel they said manager will call me tomorrow and nothing happen. I had to went there and want to speak to manager they said he wasn't there. I asked for general manager Jeevan, they said he was on vacation and gave me an email to contact him but never see his reply. Maybe it never get to him. Now manager called me said tv wl be arrive next week and will schedule for delivery. What's the point when I already got the tv from somewhere else and same price and deliver within a week. Took bad boy 4 weeks or so. So they told me its final sale even I don't accept the tv they still chearge on my Bill. Omg seriously?? It was them at fault for kept on gave me empty promises. So why making me take responsibility? I spent 11 thousands and this is the service I got???? I feel violated and forceful. Can someone please deal with me in a professional manner??

• Mo
      6th of Apr, 2018

Hi, My name is Mohit. We had such a terrible experience with Bad Boys, we are never going to recommend this to anyone to get the furniture. They are truly unprofessional and least interested in catering the customer's issues. We are trying to get ours issues resolved since 4 months now but to no avail.
    There are 2 issues going on –
    1. We bought a house and our old landlady sold us the dining table and sofa set and told us its still in warranty and I paid for it. She told us we can use the warranty if we come across any issues and recently we had one of the legs of dining table chair completely broken and our sofa mechanism is not working. We reached out to them in Dec 2017 and they told its still in warranty but we don’t have this piece anymore so we will have to figure out some other way. The person we dealt with was George at Burlington office. Until March we went there each week and they said we will get back tomorrow and so but no one ever got back. Then we told them we will have to file official complaint so a lady Rimpi Sharma called us from Service Dept and after looking at everything she said we don’t have anyone to pick up and don’t worry we will solve this for you and all kind of promises in March 2018. I dropped the chair at the outlet and again after enquiring for more than a month about its status today April 6th, 2018 she says that we cannot fix it because we realized it not on your name, we don’t care if that lady sold you the furniture but on our warranty card its her name so unless she only raises issue we won't look into that and if you want your chair you will have to pick yourself.
    We have been for 50 times to their outlet since December 2017 and today she replies back with this. What kind of game are they playing?? If this was the case why didn’t they told us in December 2017 itself and they have not provided any proof which says that.
    2. We purchased some new furniture in last November 2017 when there offer of free Las Vegas Trip was going on, its been 5 months now and we have been enquiring each week when can we get that coupon as mine and my wife's both of our birthdays are gone and we planned our vacations and everything and we never got back anything. They are just fooling around, not replying mails or anything. Then after 4 months George, there branch manager asks when the Bad Boys ever gave you this offer. When we showed them the proof on the invoice then again he was like ok I will look into this. Again its more than 2 months.
    These people are so unprofessional and provide such a horrible service; I don’t where to approach to get our issues resolved. We have wasted so much time and energy apart from money on these people. Please someone suggest how can we get our issues fixed.
    - A Super Frustrated Customer

• Ve
      22nd of May, 2018

My name is Adriana, I am having the worst experience of my life with Bad Boy. I bought a hatch buffet a month ago, which arrived damaged in my house. The store advised calling the customer services to take back the damaged part. So they came in my house and took back the upper part of hatch buffet. Now since one month that I am calling customer service when they are bringing back the hatch buffet but ironically no one is able to tell me where and when it is. Customer Service is so shameless and unprofessional to say " we don't know where hatch buffet it is, we don't know when it will come back"

Dear Sirs this is called ROBBERY! I paid as I was asked, I respected the waiting time, and yet I don't have the minimum of clarity and information what is going on! You took my money and you took back the Hatch Buffet and You don't take the minimum of the responsibility to give me an answer when the hatch buffet is coming back!

It is the minimum required to give an honest answer and give back what belongs to me!

• As
      20th of Sep, 2018

I have been told by Rimpi Sharma that, furniture comes from Manufacture and we don't have control on the quality. They want me to access this furniture.
    Unfortunately they don't have refund policy. Either do re-selection or accept the damage furniture with $70 rebate.