Lastman's Bad Boy Furniture / Buyer beware!

I recently made a purchase at the new Bad Boy store in Kitchener. I paid for the item in full(unfortunatley). A couple days later I returned to the store to cancel my order and only then was made aware that ALL SALES ARE FINAL. I was not entitled to a refund, only an in store credit that is only valid for one year. This was a suprise to me, as Bad Boy does not advertise this in the newspaper flyers, or do they post this information in their store. The only place I could find the words ALL SALES FINAL was when the sales person showed me this on the receipt that I signed when I made the purchase. It is in very small print at the very bottom of the receipt. Who do they expect to see that? Anyway, I just want to make other buyers aware of the Bad Boy policy, since Bad Boy themselves does not tell the consumer about this policy until after the purchase, when they want to cancel the order. What a crock! Needless to say I am now out over $600.00 because I refuse to go back to this store again.

I hope you think twice before making a purchase at Bad Boy. This kind of policy will not last in Kitchener. I am positive Bad Boys doors will be closed in less than a year.

Cc

Comments

• Am
      17th of Sep, 2007

I recently purchased 5 appliances from this same Bad boy. I did see the "all sales final" on the bill, but I figured I had gotten the best price for the items I purchased. I also paid in full (stupidly). I was scheduled to get my delivery the following week. Never showed. I was told sorry the items I ordered aren't in stock. They didn't care that when I purchased my appliances (esp. fridge and stove) I was told they were in stock and would be delivered, so here I am still sitting over 3 weeks later with no fridge or stove. I mean this literally, as I got rid of my old appliances to make room for the new ones! I have to call the warehouse each week to try to schedule a delivery myself. The service at this place is beyond terrible! I have called to complain and ask where my stuff is. The manager might call back within 24 hours, only to tell me that they know nothing. When I tell them that I've had to use a cooler in my kitchen for 3 weeks, they are "very sorry". I sent an email to the head office, and it says that all emails are responded to within 24hrs. That's total crap. I haven't heard from them at all, and it's been over a week!
    Buyer Beware!!! BadBoy = BadService
    These people are out for sales volume, and don't have a problem screwing you around once you sign on the dotted line!

• Pa
      21st of Sep, 2007

My husband and I purchased a mattress from the Kitchener store on the 17th of August and was told that we could pick it up on Tuesday, the 4th of September, when we hadn't heard anything I called and they told me that it would be on the truck the following day, this went on for a week, then I left it for a week to see if anyone would contact me and they didn't.
    So, I called the manager, Jeff and he told me that he would guarantee that I would have it on Friday, the 14th of September or he would call me, so on Saturday when I hadn't heard again I called Jeff back and at the time he said I could do one of two things, let them deliver the mattress right to our home which I asked him to explain since when you narmally pick up an item you get it faster. He stated, "that all of the merchandise came straight from Toronto" or the second option, and this is a good one "We could cancel the order all together". Wow, can you believe that for a new store, boy do they not know the Kitchener people.

I also, comtacted the web site to complain about the service and the way things were handled and no one has contacted us as well. My thoughts are is this another Furniture Direct situation starting to evolve?

• Ad
      11th of Oct, 2007

I have a bad story as well, I purchased a set of coffee tables from Bad Boys in Kitchener about 6-7 weeks ago, on the invoice they wrote I will get them in 2-3 weeks, ever since I only get "It's coming next week.. the computer shows is not here yet .. etc".
    I went to the store and spoke with the manager after they were 2 weeks late and I got basically the same story, sorry, it is coming next week, I will personally look into it.

Well, one more week goes by and still no furniture. I called today the store and surprise, I got the same excuse " the tables will arrive next week." I made the mistake to pay in full, instead of leaving a deposit of 5 dollars, as I should have. I intend to give them one more week then I'll head to the Small Claims Court and get my money back.

My advice, don't buy from "Bad Boys" it is a BAD store as well.

• Ka
      25th of Oct, 2007

I too had the same problem with All Sales Final and defective merchandise and getting the royal run-around and ever changing statements from them. I, hopefully, will however have a happy ending to my situation as the Head of the Service Dept. called me, apologized for the way my situation was handled and a new dining set will be delivered assembled to me at their expense this Monday. Lets hope this happens!!!

I come from 5 generations of family here in Kitchener who have been in the retail business and I sincerely hope that Bad Boy changes their growing bad image or they will be out of business down the road.

New slogan might very well be "Bad Boy Beware" instead of "Buyer Beware".

Lets hope that all of the posted complaints are rectified and that a happy resolution comes out of it like mine has.

I may be back here posting if my new set is not delivered as promised on Monday.

• Va
      2nd of Nov, 2007

I also bought Kitchen Aid appliances from Bad boy store in Scarborough and I have had all sorts of nightmares with their customer service.

The latest one now is that the are trying to ride out my warranty without fixing my complaint despite numerous attempts to get them out to fix the issues, so that they can now tell me that they are sorry and the products are out of warranty.

I definitely have learnt my lesson and will not be buying anything from the again. I am just surprised that they have no conscience.

• Ca
      7th of Nov, 2007

I HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM THIS FRANCHISE BUT THANK GOD I AM THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO LIKES TO LOOK AT CUSTOMER FEED BACK BEFORE BUYING FROM A NEW STORE. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS AM AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS SITE AT LEAST NOW I KNOW I WON'T BE BUYING MY BEDROOM AND COUCH SET FROM THEM. I COULD NOT HANDLE THE STRESS.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR FEED BACK I AM SORRY YOU WENT THROUGH THESE ISSUES BUT AT LEAST YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL HELP OTHERS NOT MAKE THE SAME COSTLY MISTAKE!

• St
      30th of Nov, 2007

As a mattress retailer in Kitchener for the past 13 years, it is very disheartening to read these complaints. For 13 years and over 25,000 satisfied customers later, it is discouraging to know that people actually give this type of retail establishment the time of day. We hear on a daily basis, Bad Boy's inability to truly offer "EXPRESS DELIVERY". Sleep-Ezzz has been offering EXPRESS NEXT DAY delivery ( including Sundays ) for years. Often times, deliveries have even been made faster than a pizza.
    Support the local, family owned businesses... you won't be disappointed.

• Rd
      5th of Dec, 2007

We recently purchased 5 items (microwave, fridge, stove, dishwasher & range hood) from Bad Boy in Kitchener. These items were purchased in August with a delivery date for November (our kitchen was being remodelled and we didn't need the appliances until then). The week of the delivery, Bad Boy called and said the items were not in stock (remember we ordered these in August and it was now November). They then called back and said the items WERE in stock.

The morning of delivery our appliances arrived and were promptly roughly uncrated on the driveway and taken inside the house. The last appliance to come in was the counter-depth, side by side fridge (the most expensive model available at the store for a particular line). When they brought the fridge in, the entire back of the fridge was crushed in from top to bottom as if it had be dropped against something. The weld seams had separated and the front of the fridge (stainless steel) was covered in scratches. I told the delivery guys as they were getting into the truck and he turned and told me to call the store as he shut the door and literally drove away - mid sentence.

So, I called the store and they offered a 'damage credit'. I then told them I wanted a new fridge and immediately (because we were holding off putting down new floors until the appliances were in). I was told they were out of stock and would call on Monday when the system was working and they could check stock. No call.

A visit to the Kitchener store put me in touch with a manager named Jim who promised to call the very next day with a delivery date. That was THREE weeks ago and Jim has not called once. I have called numerous times and spoken to people who have said everything from Jim is in a meeting to Jim has a family emergency. I finally spoke to another manager who was DISGUSTINGLY rude and told me 'Jim has been sick...like the rest of us. You can't expect him to call you.' He then offered all kinds of excuses before booking a delivery date for this weekend.

Bad Boy may offer 'low' prices - but they have terrible service. In this day and age, I think most people prefer to pay more for good service, then to deal with sleazy sales people and managers who could care less what problems you are having. I am sure they think it's a huge joke.

I think there might be a reason they left Kitchener years ago - and so many other appliance stores have survived since the beginning. If they keep this up, Bad Boy won't last for long.

• Pi
      13th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree with the compaints on this board. We purchased a custom made sectional sofa 2 years ago and the sales woman kept pressuring us to purchase the warranty that would cover anything from stains to burns, so we did. Well, we noticed that the fabric was literally peeling off one of the sushions so we were happy that we purchased the warranty. We called them in the beginning of November to report the defective material and still have yet to have this situation rectified. We are getting the run around from Head Office, the store here in BARRIE where we purchased it, as well as the warranty company. Everyone is passing us off to the other guy because no one wants to take responibilty for their defective products, nor do they want to make good on the warranty that we paid for. Bottom line is NEVER buy a thing from this crappy franchise. It seems as though the employess all get their training from the same source from the similar situations I've read about. If you buy from Bad Boy; who will assist the paying customer who has an issue with the product afterwards.. nobody!

• Fu
      23rd of Dec, 2007

Wow! I was 5 minutes away from heading to the car to purchase a washing machine from Bad Boys. Mine's broken, and we're running out of clothes fast! I saw the model I wanted advertised in the flyer this morning and figured it was a great deal. Since I'm desperate for clean clothes (soon) and not in a few months from now, I'm going to Sears instead. I'll happily pay a bit extra to avoid the stress mentioned above. Thanks everyone for your honesty.

5th of Jan, 2008

Read my post that I just put on another board....unbelievable.

5th of Jan, 2008

By the way - my complaint above was for the SAME LOCATION as all these other people. This store has only been open 4 months or so and already tallied up quite a list!

5th of Jan, 2008

You guys really have me going now: one more thing...the warranty...we were told of one price $99.99 at the deal then on the paperwork it was $159.99. When I spoke about it saying why such a difference, they said it was really $199.99 but they discounted it to $159.99.

This is probably why the sales guy "Gord" from the Kitchener Grand Opening in early-August - never came back to work - because he knew something about the company that we customers only found out until after.

In my posting above we too were told they'd give us our money back - not the amount on credit - but the wife caught it and told me after that it was to be ONLY as instore credit. Anyone who gets screwed would never want to go back to the same place to take worth on a store credit. That's stupid and Bad Boy knows this. We didn't though because it's their mistake and disorganization, blaming it on the hecticness of the grand opening, that they lost our promissary note and paperwork. They have all my credit information but lost the main thing. That's not our fault.

SO, BAD BOY was in Kitchener before?? Does anyone know what years??

5th of Jan, 2008

That "disgustingly rude" sales manager at Bad Boy in Kitchener is named "Norm".

• Te
      16th of Jan, 2008

Bought and paid for (in full) a bedroom set on Nov. 23, 2007.
    January 16, 2008 - almost 3 months later - have not received bolts to put headboard together and have not received replacement of broken chest (was identified as broken on the day it was delivered, in early December).

Hand delivered a 3 page letter to sales person on Dec. 23, 2007 and heard nothing back...

Have placed numerous phone calls and left numerous messages with customer service reps and customer service manager... NO returns of calls and NO resolution as of today, January 16, 2008.
    Who can screw up better than Bad Boy? Nobody!

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2008

I am fortunate that I was able to see all these complaints about the new Kitchener store location prior to making any purchase. We went in last week seeking a new front load washing machine and were appalled by the treatment of the manager, Norm. We were given a price over the phone by a very helpful sales associate, however, when we arrived in person to make the purchase, the manager got involved and would not honour the price we were given. He took no responsibility for their error or the error in their flyer and he was demeaning to both my husband, myself and the sales associate who had earlier helped us. His actions were so vile that I will never set foot in this store again. If the manager acts in such an unprofessional manner, this speaks volumes to the reputation of the entire store. I don't care what price you offer if your service and behaviour is so despicable!

• Sh
      5th of Feb, 2008

We went to look for a new fridge and stove 3 weeks ago for our new home. We had heard that the new London store was good and that Bad Boy had just won an award and so on. So we thought we would check it out. We walked in the door and there were 3 women standing just inside. We thought nothing of it until the older woman said to the other two "ok now you go that way and the other go that way" pointing to 2 different ways of the store. Well we were walking infront of the one who was practicly running at us to catch up. My husband and I were looking at the stoves and were kind of ignoring her standing there looking at us. Finally she said to us "can I help you" My husband said we were just looking. She stood there and leaned against a stove, my husband said to her "you can go to other customers" She said "no I'll stay here". So now we are a little upset that we cannot look on our own she is standing right there. So finally my husband asks her a question and she starts talking. Not knowing a whole lot about what she is talking about. She takes us back to the fridges and proceeds to stand 1 foot away from us and CHEW HER GUM!!!
    Not quietly, no prfessionally like A COW chewing its cud. Well I was VERY upset now, she had no idea what she was talking about, would not show us in our price range and she was CHEWING GUM!!!
    So finally another customer came up to ask a question to her, SHE LEFT! She left us mid sentence and went with the other customer.
    I will tell you...I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!! I will not set foot in that place again. From beinging stocked, to chased down like prey and the gum chewing!!!!!!! NEVER!
    What bad business that was and the complaints department never did get in touch with us about our complaint. So it seems that it is not jsut one of these stores its all of them.

• Ri
      16th of Feb, 2008

We purchased a diningroom set for just under $3000.00 in July at the Kitchener grand opening. When it was delivered fully half of the items had to be replaced because of damage. Chips, parts missing and the worst was the table top had forklift marks on the top surface!

They sent replacement chairs and a table top within a week but the second table top was damaged far worse than the first. I found out that this set was made in China and the next delivery date was mid August.....then the end of August...then in the end of September another one with a chunk out of the corner arrived. Once again we waitied.....until January and that table top wouldn't fit the pedestals!

Every time we were the ones who had to call the Manager Jeff at the Kitchener store to hear the same excuses. Everytime they couldn't give us a deliver window so I had to sit at home all day waiting. Well last night they called at least giving me a window for delivery. Now we'll see what happens with this one....BAD BOY.......NEVER AGAIN! This whole experience SUCKED.

• Mi
      20th of Feb, 2008

I have never purchased from BadBoy, and never will seeing all of these complaints. I have friends who are experiencing alot of problems from BadBoy. I am surprised alot of these complaints are not sent out on email. People will come in here and read this, but not everybody comes in and does this.

BadBoy will get alot of people in to do a one time shop, but they will not achieve ongoing purchases. They will do this for a long time.

I strongly suggest that people voice not only in here, but emails, tell others verbally what you have seen and word will get around. More people will not be screwed.

Support the smaller stores. Go to the Mennonites. They will give you much better service and probably at the same or lower costs. Maybe a bit more, but who cares? SERVICE!!!

Caviate Emptor..

Mike in Keswick

• Ju
      27th of Feb, 2008

I to have the same kind of complaints as seems to be the normal for Bad Boy. I purchased a stove and six chairs for my table. This was over two weeks ago. I was promised delivery the following Friday. On Thursday I got a call that a mistake was made and that they only deliver to my area on Tuesdays and Thursday would it be alright if they came Tuesday. I thought things happen and agreed. Tuesday came and I got a call from their driver that they had no deliveries in my area that day would it be alright if they bring it the next day, Wednesday which let me remind you that they are not even in my area that day. I said that was not exceptable so they sent out a truck with my stuff. The driver was abrupt with my husband and left very quickly. As we started to assemble the chairs we discovered that we only had 5 chairs instead of 6 and one was the wrong chair. Well ever since we have made call after call and had to have someone waiting by the phone for days to recieve calls that never come. I kept calling them. Finally a delivery date was set up for yesterday. Guess what, I got a call saying they had no deliveries in my area that day could I wait till Thursday. I said no that I was not sitting around grounded to my house another day. I am disabled and my husband has to miss work all these days to recieve this delivery also so these low prices have cost us alot. They said that it would be here yesterday. Five o'clock is fast approaching so I call the store again. They do call me right back this time as I threatened to contact my daughter and the law firm she works for. Seems the driver didn't realize that he was to bring it yesterday and he thought it was scheduled for Thursday. Ya right. A bit after I hung up the phone rang again and it was them. He said he had talked to his manager and the manager has offered to bring it here himself today. Guess what, I have to be out today since I had made plans since this was supposed to be done and over with yesterday. This experience has had a great ill effect on my health and I highly advise if you are not well STAY AWAY FROM BAD BOYS!!! Take heart tho people, when I saw the great prices I told 4 people about it. One that was looking for a new couch is going eles where today, another who owns rental properties who was going to go purchase all new appliances for 2 new apartments is not going to, myself I had picked out another $3000.00 worth of products to be purchased this year as the renovations get completed will not be purchased and the other two are going to save their time to. As a direct result of my experience they have lost thousands of future sales. My experience is through the London store but I find most of the problem is coming from the head office. It is no wonder the London store does not want to call me back when the promises that head office themselves have made me do not materialize. What kind of way is this to conduct business. A couple of years ago we had a furniture emergency when our freezer broke. We called a local NOBODY store in a small near by village. I recommend if you are in the Woodstock area and need an appliance call Fewsters in Burgessville as they came out in a blizzard and brought me a new freezer immediately and I have had no problems. Bad Boy is right about one thing, "NOBODY is alot better then them."